[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

Here's a pastebin for the gladiator version:

https://pastebin.com/1skQiMpR

Checklist:

6k hp
Bleed dps: 6mil+
Armour: 11k
Evasion: 4.8k
etc

Item changes:

a) Rearguard was ditched
The new quiver phys rolls will increase the bleeds further. Glancing Blows is also missing.

b) Bleed bow
Crimson Storm is still used in the pastebin, but a bleed bow with enough attack speed needs to complement this build.

c) Attack speed threshold
In order to to benefit the helm enchant and to stack as many fuses in a short amount of time, I had to readjust and get more attack speed. If Crimson bow is replaced with a faster APS bleed bow, the threshold of 2.14 aps should be reached easily.

d) Totem number
I had to path to ancestral bond, 5 totems feels nice, but 6 is better, especially in a boss situation, faster fuse application. Watchtowers annoint is also mandatory.

e) Gloves choices
The minmaxed glove rolls can be ignored because of ancestral bond. I am running ensnaring arrow with GMP and Mirage Archer. Use Chain support if you're not playing around with the Kineticism jewel.

f) Replica Farrul's Fur
A difficult item to achieve during fresh leagues, I hope I can get it.

g) The new ascendancy node jewel combo
Dump two small HP nodes for this combo, once you get those. So many juicy ascendancy nodes from Slayer or Champion. That's what makes duelist a better choice overall, unless Scion gets some OP combos (nothing listed yet).

h) Ryslatha's Coil
This belt is a great choice early on, it will be cheaper overall, way cheaper than the rare minmaxed belt.

Final thoughts:

This build is spell suppresion starved, expect to die alot in high tier mapping, if your gear sux. I chose to get taunt on one of the totem mastery nodes as QoL.

Expect the EA quality gem to be expensive, with the ailment revert and 5 streamers building similar elementalist EA igniters, alot of players are going to be interested in running this build.

In endgame, find a way to max-level as many EA gems as you can, people will buy that shit :D
Last edited by CopiumTV on Feb 1, 2022, 4:31:20 PM
"
Here's a pastebin for the gladiator version:

https://pastebin.com/1skQiMpR

thx for sharing your PoB
yours is more end game which I usually don't play enough reach that much that is why I am only sharing the basic starting version.
I actually tried the ignite version as starter in scourge but didn't play much to finalize it but it seems other people also had the same idea now :)

I have some notes:
- I think rare bow will be better than crimson storm. and the trigger mod is not needed anymore so attack speed mod is always better now.
- Ryslatha's Coil: I don't think it adds much other then the flat physical damage and a little bit or damage range. you cannot snipe for the best bleed like normal bleed builds as you get the sum of 20 arrows so most of the benefit average out. maybe Darkness enthroned belt with physical jewels can add more?

- Kineticism: serves as a good defense but it also groups things together.
this helps in clearing when you have the mod that prevents allies from dying as EA cannot have chain or pierce.

- another interesting option is the Replica Shroud of the Lightless with damage jewels

- EA quality gem maybe more expensive as before but as we only need level 1 and the quality is not that important for the ignite version it may be still be cheep. actually an already corrupted gems that is not 21 wouldn't be that interesting for the ignite build

- spell suppression: true it is hard to get much on the tree but we can get some on gear. also adding determination and having knock back should help.
you can also try the scion version with the pathfinder flasks on hit but I never tried that myself.
Last edited by ebadr on Feb 1, 2022, 10:07:35 PM
I'm not sure that block is worthwhile with how you're using it, so I decided to try shifting over to evasion. Loss of some life, block, around 25% dps, gain of movement speed (using Queen of the forest, but that's usually not hard to get even early on in a league) and spell suppression.

POB: https://pastebin.com/CQFNxqZf. Thoughts?
"
I'm not sure that block is worthwhile with how you're using it, so I decided to try shifting over to evasion. Loss of some life, block, around 25% dps, gain of movement speed (using Queen of the forest, but that's usually not hard to get even early on in a league) and spell suppression.

it is not exactly effective but since I switched to pathfinder it is only 2 points and a flask investment to get 60% block so I thought why not.

going full evasion and Suppression is also fine damage vs tankyness is always a personal Preference.
my idea of pathfinder is to later have the option to use flask on hit setup.
"

Ironwood is essential for totem survival in high tier mapping.

Rain of Splinters is also required for smooth pack clear.

Endgame with the ascendancy node jewel combo needs 2 jewel sockets.

Chance to bleed is also not 100%, dunno what to tell you...

EA radius is pretty good (55) but it doesn't match the gladiator popcorn chaining/deleting entire packs.
"

Ironwood is essential for totem survival in high tier mapping.

Rain of Splinters is also required for smooth pack clear.

Endgame with the ascendancy node jewel combo needs 2 jewel sockets.

Chance to bleed is also not 100%, dunno what to tell you...

EA radius is pretty good (55) but it doesn't match the gladiator popcorn chaining/deleting entire packs.

didn't the change to totems damage reduction reduce the need for Ironwood.
I played the ignite version last league with out it and it was fine but didn't do much bossing.
one of my favorite things about The Siege jewel is that you don't care about bleed chance similar to elementalist ignite. I remember it was even working with chance to avoid bleed on maps.

Haemophilia can be replacement for the bleed pop at the cost of a glove. maybe even glove swapping on bosses
Last edited by ebadr on Feb 5, 2022, 3:18:21 PM
How do you get 100% chance to bleed on any version other than Gladiator? The build kind of relies on it..
"
o7z wrote:
How do you get 100% chance to bleed on any version other than Gladiator? The build kind of relies on it..

from The Siege cluster jewel. it gives you guarantee to bleed
I forgot to add it when I updated the PoB
I added it again
I'm playing this build this league and I was wondering if Rain of Splinters is still used? And if it is, do I only use it for clear and then remove it for bossing?
"
PeaceSentinel wrote:
I'm playing this build this league and I was wondering if Rain of Splinters is still used? And if it is, do I only use it for clear and then remove it for bossing?

it is mainly for clearing. You can remove it for bossing to negate the damage penalty.
or if you have + arrows on bow or quiver. just make sure you have an odd number of arrows at the end.
Last edited by ebadr on Feb 8, 2022, 8:40:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info