[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for great advises and the build.

I thought I would wait with this post until I reached some higher maps because it's only IX and X tier and you probably want to know if the build is ok in the end game. However, I tried something else before and in comparison, this build is definitely a very good starter if you like necro and zombies. Honestly, you did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend it!

In the beginning, I had a few issues to survive. While the damage was ok, I was dying quite often. I had to do a few changes. I decided to use Determination to boost armour and Purity of Elements to increase resistances. Due to mana reservation, I can't keep Wrath on. I don't know how much it changed in terms of the damage but it seems quite ok, so far. Because I need a space for purity I had to give up Skitterbots and took skeletons instead. This works great in Heists, though!

In terms of expenses, it is very cheap and definitely newbie-friendly build. In my case, what I found along levelling through the campaign was enough to keep going. I bought a couple of extra things that cost me just a couple of Chaos Orbs. On the other hand, the end game needs more than that and we should expect to pay Exalted Orbs for more expensive gear. This is what I had to do. I desperately needed health and armour and had to buy an expensive chest for 1ex. But this one purchase drastically improved my QoL. I can survive a lot, I make a lot of mistakes getting into shit I should not and I still don't die. I am smashing everything in the Heists, maps and the mine.

I am a happy player :)
Last edited by CelCunning on Nov 28, 2020, 6:17:59 AM
"
CelCunning wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for great advises and the build.

I thought I would wait with this post until I reached some higher maps because it's only IX and X tier and you probably want to know if the build is ok in the end game. However, I tried something else before and in comparison, this build is definitely a very good starter if you like necro and zombies. Honestly, you did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend it!

In the beginning, I had a few issues to survive. While the damage was ok, I was dying quite often. I had to do a few changes. I decided to use Determination to boost armour and Purity of Elements to increase resistances. Due to mana reservation, I can't keep Wrath on. I don't know how much it changed in terms of the damage but it seems quite ok, so far. Because I need a space for purity I had to give up Skitterbots and took skeletons instead. This works great in Heists, though!

In terms of expenses, it is very cheap and definitely newbie-friendly build. In my case, what I found along levelling through the campaign was enough to keep going. I bought a couple of extra things that cost me just a couple of Chaos Orbs. On the other hand, the end game needs more than that and we should expect to pay Exalted Orbs for more expensive gear. This is what I had to do. I desperately needed health and armour and had to buy an expensive chest for 1ex. But this one purchase drastically improved my QoL. I can survive a lot, I make a lot of mistakes getting into shit I should not and I still don't die. I am smashing everything in the Heists, maps and the mine.

I am a happy player :)

I am so glad you enjoyed the build.
Modifying it to fit your needs is a good idea!

I am a bit surprised you had survivabilty issues leveling and early maps. I never had that problem.
With elemental resists capped, some chaos resist, and life on all the rare gear, I had no problems with survivability except for high damage end game bosses that I could manually dodge the damage of.

Another way to get more defense by sacrificing offense, is to use a shield instead of a second wand. You can get one with some spell block, pushing both attack and spell block to the 75% cap. You can even find one with +2 aura gems, and socket your auras into it.

By losing wrath and skitterbots you lost a LOT of dps, which may be why you felt the need for more expensive gear for end game.

But in any case...

You modified the build to make it work for you.
And that is GREAT.

Thanks for your feedback!
Is there an easy way to get the gloves in a SSF-environment like the events to come?
"
Perry_Hotter wrote:
Is there an easy way to get the gloves in a SSF-environment like the events to come?

Make it so your filter highlights white mesh gloves.

Pick up each white mesh gloves you find and toss a chance orb on them.

I am guessing scours will be scarce, but if not, you can also, scour-chance-scour-chance etc until you get Triad, as Triads are the only unique mesh glove.

It should not take to long to get the Triad Gloves, as they are a high chance drop.

P.S.
I have never played SSF, so this is only theory, I have not tested it. But it should work.
Added a section for Endless Delve league.

I will remove it after Endless Delve League is over.

Enjoy.
Hey, I'm interested in your build for Endless Delve, but I see it lacks a PoB link.

I understand you reasoning, but the main thing PoB adds is an easy reference for everything you need. Gear, links, skills, passives, mechanics, and whatnot. Honestly it's a damn chore having to open each spoiler in each section just to check some info.

Please consider adding a PoB link.
Last edited by Garulf161 on Dec 11, 2020, 7:23:37 AM
Changed the recommended upgrade spectre to Syndicate Operative.

Seems like they are very OP right now.

Use 'em before they get nerfed.
Removed the Endless Delve section, as the event is over.
OK
I just did a major overhaul of the guide.
I put skeletons on an equal footing with zombies.

I made linking Feeding Frenzy to skeletons optional, with gem links for each choice.

I made it optional where you put the Spectres, either Helmet or Chest, with gem links for both choices and an explanation of why one choice is better at the beginning, and the other in late game.

I REALLY hope some of you choose this build guide for 3.13.

When poeplanner.com is updated for 3.13 I will make more changes to the guide.

Last edited by Odif on Jan 3, 2021, 2:42:45 PM
I think you removed the suggested pantheons.
Currently I am planning to use this as my starter in 3.13. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info