[3.11] VoliDead/DD LL MB Spellslinger - IcarusTheMox - Moxelli (All content, league starter)

"
forc_elite wrote:
Do you mind give us some thoughts on how do you feel about your Low life build compared to zzang's low life. The reason I am asking is because his build is very popular but it seems that he is doing a lot of things that you are advising against (things like don't fall for the spellslinger reduced mana reservation helmet enchant. He is also using frenzy skill gem). But his damage on POB looks a lot higher than yours?

I personally don't like this build he posted due to the fact that on sheet it shows a higher DPS in PoB. Things to take into account though, are the lack of Combustion Support, the lack of Fire Penetration, lack of a 2nd curse (PoB is glitched currently and doesn't show a 2nd curse with Woke CoH Support, you have to add the passives to Whispers of Doom for it to effect the sheet DPS).

Addtionally, his math is (and is not) right. The 52% cap on DPS recovery cannot be reached by boots and belt alone. You need to have the Helm Enchantment as well. IMO the build sacrifices too much for Zealotry and too much for Reduced Mana Reservation to not reduce the Fire Resistance of Enemies more. Simply put, I think that build's sheet does more, but the actual DPS is less.
"
"
forc_elite wrote:
Do you mind give us some thoughts on how do you feel about your Low life build compared to zzang's low life. The reason I am asking is because his build is very popular but it seems that he is doing a lot of things that you are advising against (things like don't fall for the spellslinger reduced mana reservation helmet enchant. He is also using frenzy skill gem). But his damage on POB looks a lot higher than yours?

I personally don't like this build he posted due to the fact that on sheet it shows a higher DPS in PoB. Things to take into account though, are the lack of Combustion Support, the lack of Fire Penetration, lack of a 2nd curse (PoB is glitched currently and doesn't show a 2nd curse with Woke CoH Support, you have to add the passives to Whispers of Doom for it to effect the sheet DPS).

Addtionally, his math is (and is not) right. The 52% cap on DPS recovery cannot be reached by boots and belt alone. You need to have the Helm Enchantment as well. IMO the build sacrifices too much for Zealotry and too much for Reduced Mana Reservation to not reduce the Fire Resistance of Enemies more. Simply put, I think that build's sheet does more, but the actual DPS is less.

I think I'm going to focus on your build for my VD char. I've been bouncing around the 3-4 threads trying to find one specific one to follow and it seems like a lot of the OPs have moved on to other builds or aren't playing harvest as serious. I think a lot of things you are saying make sense, and TBH I don't want to theorycraft on PoB because I will lose days upon days of playtime. The hardest part about looking at all the different build guides is everyone's builds are very different from each other, and being new to VD & spellslinger it is hard to conceptualize efficiencies.
Best of luck, hopefully the build helps! Look up my life update at the top. Gives you a very achievable baseline build to start to customize as you see fit. Let me know if you have any questions!
Last edited by frisbeeicarus23 on Jun 26, 2020, 12:18:35 AM
"
"
forc_elite wrote:

There is 19% CDR on Spellslinger at lvl 20. 20% max on belts and 15% on boots.
So 52% is reachable using only boots and a belt?
Looks solid and better than the other builds to be honest i will try to convert this
"
Xep241 wrote:
"
"
forc_elite wrote:

There is 19% CDR on Spellslinger at lvl 20. 20% max on belts and 15% on boots.
So 52% is reachable using only boots and a belt?

My apologies, it is the 69% threshold I was thinking about, not the 52%.

Additionally, if you can get 30% on your Helmet, it opens up another slot that doesn't require the 15% on your boots.
Last edited by frisbeeicarus23 on Jun 26, 2020, 10:05:59 AM
"

All good! I tend to prefer your version because of the 69% CDR. 52% will look better on PoB but i don't think it does more damage in game, and in the end it's kinda easier to gear for with the CDR helm enchant so you can go for a more tanky setup if needed, etc...
"
Xep241 wrote:
"

All good! I tend to prefer your version because of the 69% CDR. 52% will look better on PoB but i don't think it does more damage in game, and in the end it's kinda easier to gear for with the CDR helm enchant so you can go for a more tanky setup if needed, etc...

Yeah, running numbers on just Woke Cascade on only VD, I am getting 6-8+ more VD Balls a second. Roughly .8-1.1 Mil more DPS per a second just off of VD Balls alone. That isn't even counting the increase on DD and WoC.

I really do think mine does far more DPS when you include the increase to % explosions as well from all the corpse eating skills. Really wish PoB could calculate VD/DD better from a true 100% combined DPS.
"
"
Xep241 wrote:
"

Yeah, running numbers on just Woke Cascade on only VD, I am getting 6-8+ more VD Balls a second. Roughly .8-1.1 Mil more DPS per a second just off of VD Balls alone. That isn't even counting the increase on DD and WoC.

I really do think mine does far more DPS when you include the increase to % explosions as well from all the corpse eating skills. Really wish PoB could calculate VD/DD better from a true 100% combined DPS.

You can also potentially go for the next CDR treshold with some empower shenanigans and +gems in the chestpiece but it's difficult to know if it's better than let's say Awakened Fire Pen.
"
Xep241 wrote:

You can also potentially go for the next CDR treshold with some empower shenanigans and +gems in the chestpiece but it's difficult to know if it's better than let's say Awakened Fire Pen.

I have been trying to find a way to get it to level 26 as well. Potentially with solid crafts to +intelligence gems, and empower you could! I will definitely be messing with this later as well. +5 levels is really tough to do though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info