Path of Exile: Harvest FAQ

"
We are also experimenting with creating a system that means that the more monsters you kill at a time, the more item drops and Lifeforce you get relative to the size of the Harvest.

Please don't do this. This would be equivalent to "you gotta go fast". For once, let's not ;)
"
DropBearAntix wrote:
I think, if your league mechanic needs a FAQ... Then your league mechanic is a bit too complex.

Either that, or you haven't done a good enough job explaining it in the first place.

I would think that an FAQ is explaining it, since it is 2 weeks out still. I would agree if this came out, after the league. This mechanic seems really easy and POE players are not always use to easy mechanics.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
The league ideea looks cool, but it's still balanced around speed and power as any other league.

Speed will let you run maps faster, so you need less real time to grow your seeds. Power will let you kill large packs of mobs from seeds, which will let you have more Tx+1 seeds; but failing to do so will not have an impact only on the real time consumed to get Tx+1 seeds, but also in the maps consumed (so it double deeps the cost :( )

Not scaling by pack size will tone down the scaling on power of the build and will keep relevant only the speed of the build; the average build will not feel at disadvantage on the rewards they get, they will only consume more time because they will kill smaller packs.

However, the current approach is that the quantity of life force you get and the number of possible good craft you can make, is scaled with pack size also ( smaller the number of seeds you pop, the less life force you get to craft and the less chance to get a good craft ). So, power of the build is again double deeping with pack size.

TLDR:
Speed will offer you a linear growth and consumption of maps, real time.
Power will offer you exponential growth, but penalize you also heavily on maps and real time consumed.

Considering that league interaction is only in garden, running of maps will feel baren like in standard. Also, because the maps mods is assumed to affect the garden, it will not have sense to pop your seeds from hideout portals as they will get no bonuses, but from fully juiced maps (this includes stacking league content also, eg, metamorph, cadiro, legion, blight + 1 master, as it will provide the best chance to spawn also the delirium mirror). Also, I will be looking forward to see on youtube all the above stacking on fully delirium T16 map with max tier seeds (lvl 90 mobs) harvested :D . I assume the league will offer this kind of power and maybe this is why Criss Wilson said it will make standard guys sad.

Power will make you rich.
Last edited by Deadboo on Jun 5, 2020, 1:35:38 AM
"
Ulrira wrote:
"
We are also experimenting with creating a system that means that the more monsters you kill at a time, the more item drops and Lifeforce you get relative to the size of the Harvest.

Please don't do this. This would be equivalent to "you gotta go fast". For once, let's not ;)

I think they mean the larger pack you spawn at once you get more rewards. Not in a set amount of time.
I dont know about You guys but I think this is useless information at this time. I rather like to read about new gems or mechanics or other actual changes. But instead we got this. Its still more than 14 days, what? Do You want me to take notes? This information will be useful a few days before launch, not now.
I was kinda hoping to see post about new cool stuff but here we are. At least now I know how to tend to my garden. There is plenty of time for me to actually forget the details of it so yea, thx again.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Glad to see that multiplayer is considered.
Would be great if you also reconsidered how mapping works for multiplayer in general.

Currently playing in a party of 4 where the other 3 are new so we WILL rip constantly and having only 6 portals for all 4 players is severely punishing for mistakes that are are bound to happen.

Why are there not 6 portals per player?
I'm really stoked for this league!
Monsters that emerge from Tier 1 plants have a chance to drop Tier 2 seeds when slain. The same principle applies for Tier 3 and Tier 4 seeds.

That's a big uff. Only T1 in maps. The rest is hard locked to the Harvest mechanic. Erg, they'll be worthless.

We Talisman bois.

I think I will just farm like 200 T1 seeds to get T2 T3 and supply market.
"
DropBearAntix wrote:
I think, if your league mechanic needs a FAQ... Then your league mechanic is a bit too complex.

Either that, or you haven't done a good enough job explaining it in the first place.

League mechanic needs a FAQ because ppl havent played yet and wondering it.

That's all.

If you want to understand every little thing about the league mechanic from the teaser go play D3.

Please remove Delirium completely, thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info