Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Well lets, see.

Insane dodge. I played until around level 30 and constantly had 70% dodge without bothering to gear. Add to this easy access to glancing blow and smoke bomb. I've never been this tanky, even with sentinel.

Ok, but then I had low damage? Nope, most attacks hit insanely fast and there is a node which adds 5 bleed stacks on every third one. Fucking five. Smoke bomb gives additional 200%. This is without bleeding from tree/skills. Easy 1k+ bleed ticks even in the early game with 0 investment.

Ok, but then I had shit mobility? Nope, Shift is low cooldown utility tool that gives you more movement speed, more dodge, heals you...

And on top of that we have what, shrouds? One adds even more dodge, the other even more bleed, the third one straight up negates any attack.

I suggest playing hard in the weekend, next week the nerf hammer will be coming down.

I see this early iteration as a means to test this new class as hard the community can. Being OP is an additional incentive when people get exicted from hearsay how good this new toy is in comparison to others.

Nerf hammer will indeed come in the next few week, if not earlier.
People ar naive if they think otherwise, considering what they have done to other skills in the past.

Two more things.

How buggy is the initial iteration of the new class skills and their skill trees?

And when will thes finally get rid of this Glancing blow madness or replace it with something more exciting than resists?

How
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
It always feels shitty to start playing something then watch it get gutted. I consider intentionally overpowered characters bad. At least not as bad as in LoL where they do it so their playerbase has to spend money to play with the new OP champion.
Brand new website. Check it out guys!

https://lastepoch.com/
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Is Last Epoch online only, or is there an offline mode?
"
LennyLen wrote:
Is Last Epoch online only, or is there an offline mode?

There will be fully offline mode at launch. But I believe currently you still need to login to be able to start the game (but can continue to play the game offline after you login).
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Online even in single player=no pause. This bothers me, but it is what it is.

So as I said in the Wolcen thread, I got my bladedancer to mid 30s before...well, just quitting out of boredom. There is NOTHING WRONG with the game as such (plenty of bugs and weird limitations but that's Eerly Access for you), but I think it's way too spread out given how much diverse content they have. Bigger isn't always better, and two or three massive zones that essentially feel the same is just going to strip all the fun from it. LE could be 25% smaller and still be just as good, easily. That world map is full of zones that serve no real purpose other than distance more significant ones. In other words, they're filler.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 6, 2020, 7:28:02 AM
The Wraith Dunes? Don't see how this is a problem considering how fast the Rogue is.
"
Online even in single player=no pause. This bothers me, but it is what it is.

So as I said in the Wolcen thread, I got my bladedancer to mid 30s before...well, just quitting out of boredom. There is NOTHING WRONG with the game as such (plenty of bugs and weird limitations but that's Eerly Access for you), but I think it's way too spread out given how much diverse content they have. Bigger isn't always better, and two or three massive zones that essentially feel the same is just going to strip all the fun from it. LE could be 25% smaller and still be just as good, easily. That world map is full of zones that serve no real purpose other than distance more significant ones. In other words, they're filler.

Yep. The new filler zones where the first significant change i noticed after my 6 months LE break back in november.

Especially the dragged out transition zones around Maj'Elka and The Oracle's Abode.

Also this makes it less appealing to re-roll multiple characters when they release the equivalent of leagues/seasons.

Keep in mind they still have not finished all story zones yet and this will be a bigger issue later down the road.

https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/zones

edit: added current (december 6th 2020) LE leveling/story zones.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 6, 2020, 12:21:27 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Especially the dragged out transition zones around Maj'Elka and The Oracle's Abode.

Precisely where I stopped. The pacing is a bit off here.

They have a perfectly good example of an ARPG that committed this sin years ago, and should look to it for guidance. A certain dev himself even at one point posted as his in-game status message: WHY IS ACT 4 SO LONG

And he was in Kaom's area at the time. Which, incredibly, used to be even longer. And it's not that act 4 is all that drawn out -- it gets through an amazing amount of content in fairly short time: 3 Imperial Sarn era legends of battle, a rematch with the game's most prominent antagonist, 3 of the big bad of Sarn's underlings, and then the big bad of Imperial-era Sarn himself. As drawn-out as certain areas might feel (the mines, kaom's dream), others feel incredibly rushed (belly of the beast). I think only Daresso's Arena gets the balance right, and even that's pushing it towards the end with the 'fake' paths.

Right now, LE is just drawn out. So at least they only have that to worry about, rather than the double whammy of some parts too long, some far too short.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Reached 15k dot damage on the training dummy. I only have some damage over time increase on my swords, nowhere else. Pretty funny they said they made the rares stronger so we can actually notice their mods but the only thing I notice is the increased loot when they summon twins.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 8, 2020, 5:14:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info