Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

Let's not forget that the story is quite decent too, even if it's a little bit messy at times. Time travel as a narrative usually is a very lazy tool, but in context with the timelines and their respective distinctiveness, it is quite interesting and can be built on very easily and vastly.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
I thought up a crazy build - a melee/caster hybrid using lightning righteous fire and what can be described as Mjölnir arc procs. Lo and behold, it works! And it is pretty strong too. Love how you can have a crazy idea and make it work like this.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 17, 2021, 3:51:36 AM
In as spoiler free fashion as possible. The current last boss fight feels better than any fight PoE has.
"
j33bus wrote:
In as spoiler free fashion as possible. The current last boss fight feels better than any fight PoE has.

Personally, I still consider Uber Elder the pinnacle of ARPG boss design.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
i feel like its decent but its still missing the punch to get me hooked.
everything feels so muddy and somewhat slow idk. i dont need zoom zoom 60HH buff levels of speed but LE is still a little slow and feels empty at times.
Guess thats a performance thing too, maybe it gets more polished but i dont see big amounts of enemies with fast gameplay running any better in LE than in poe performancewise
It really depends on what you play. I suggest looking up speed clear builds, they are pretty fast.
I'm very new to Last Epoch but after 4/5 builds in one week all I can say is I kinda reached a point where playing Last Epoch endgame annoy me a lot.
It doesn't feels entertaining at some point, and I'm not sure what could change that. It's a bit harder to come up with ideas that havn't been used in others hack & slash ...

Also the fact that character mastery can't be respeced is understandable, but having to respec entire skill points, then do some arena/MoF to level again all skills when you want to change your build feels very clunky, it's a very good way to send player right away to desktop in my opinion.
I would rather go the same way than passive points and allow to reallocate them for some gold.
Came back to Last Epoch after 5 months break to check out whats new.

Look and feel
-------------------

I noticed they added a lot of convoluted traversing zones near the end of the ruined era (Eterra Temple). These zones looks like a snake and you can not close gaps to reduce walk times.

But i noticed some of the earlier zones in the ruined era have now really impressive background visuals to give players a sense of depth. Good additions to make the world feel alive.

Imperial Era the zone before Spymaster is reminiscent of D3 - Tower of Damed with lots of gore. Nice addition imo.

Divine Era the zone starting at Thetima (dock city) looks phantasic with that underwater theme. A shame that imperial era for the most part looks ugly.

I would rate ancient era,divine era, parts of ruined era the best from the visual aspects.

Mechanics, QoL,etc.
---------------------------

1) Minions

Minions still feel bad. I talked with a dev and they mentioned the wolf AI. I tested it with a twink and i like how fast and less likely they are to get stuck like skeltons but still need some polish.

2) DPS tooltip
DPS tooltips needs also a lot of work in how to show you the damage numbers of each individual skill.

It only shows you how much DPS a skill has without any further details like hit damage,cast speed,crit chance,crit multi.
Guess it is better than nothing but i assume the devs are aware of it and will improve it eventually.

3) Crafting

Still this "item editor".
You can basically get a white item base and target craft any affix (2 prefix+ 2 suffix) you like without rng. If you want 50 life / 30 fire res /mainstat/etc you get it.
There is fracture to make the crafting process risky but it can be easly circumvented with stability runes.
Also you can call the crafting window with a hotkey(F) from anywhere in the game. Dont need to be near a forge.

I assume this current iteration is still provisoric and will be adjusted in regards how it will interact when auctionhouse and multiplayer are released.

4) Ailments

Also ailment based builds need more thought.
Currently ailments do NOT scale of hit damage in any form which is sad and i learned it the hard way.
Ailments have their own base damage which you can check in the character screen.

In the current iteration you stack attack/cast speed, dot dmg,ailment damage, general damage. Thats all.
Its a bit shoehorned tbh and need more variation to be scaled of hit damage as well.

This impression makes me feel slightly better than last time i played this game. Lets see what the future brings.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 31, 2021, 4:41:57 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Also ailment based builds need more thought.
Currently ailments do NOT scale of hit damage in any form which is sad and i learned it the hard way.
Ailments have their own base damage which you can check in the character screen.

In the current iteration you stack attack/cast speed, dot dmg,ailment damage, general damage. Thats all.
Its a bit shoehorned tbh and need more variation to be scaled of hit damage as well.

I disagree. I like that it's more than just hit damage and spell damage in terms of damage scaling. It increases the types of items that are good. Diablo 3 was an extreme example where weapon dps scaled everything, which imo was terrible. As is ailment dps is very good.
To me the biggest, most massive flaw of the game is pathfinding. Pathfinding is your character's ability tp find the path to the place you click on. And here it is non-existent. Click on a point behind a mob - your character keeps bumping into the mob. This not only feels horrible, it kills you when you try using a movement skill with limited range, for example. Instead of moving around to the point where executing the skill is possible, your character helplessly bumps into enemies and gets hit.

Unfortunately, this is also true for minion AI. I don't know who thought it is a good idea to put a multishot ability on skeleton archers, THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY. The use it on cooldown when there is a single enemy or when there are enemies behind a wall. Its ridiculous.

I get the feeling I am playing with literal retards when I play Last Epoch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info