Someone can recomend a tree or pastebin for my currently gear?

Hi all, I'm really noob/newbie/wanna be on this so please, forgive if what I'm going to say is too dumb.

First thing I have to say I'm a Standard player because I don't have much time to play any league. I only have 4-5 hours per week to play on this and that's another big WHY I play this alone.

So in the last few months I was trying to find a good gear, following some guides but it's quite hard to get exactly the same gear as the guide followed.

If someone can give me some ideas, tree/pastebin to follow and get a better result for what I currently have will be appreciated

My Gear
Spoiler

My tree is a mess, so I can tell you that I have:
Spoiler
- 13K DPS
- 4K Life
- 1K Mana
- 100 Shield
- 1K Armour
- 18K Evasion rating

Another few things that I have (if that can help me)
Spoiler

So far it is good to clean maps until tier 10-12, but I'm terrible with bosses I DIED ALMOST ALL THE TIME and I can not do any map with reflections by sure.

Any ideas/advise/comments? Keep in mind that I really noob but I would like to finish at least the maps.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by F4Y3RS1T4 on May 28, 2020, 8:54:44 PM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 9:31:00 PM
1. You can go to profile settings and untick "characters are private" (on by default) if you want people to check what you have.

2. Your build lacks focus, and I can only imagine your passive tree probably follows suit.

For example, on your main skill (I imagine that's rain of arrows) you should have only damaging support gems, not utility ones like "culling strike".

Things like herald of thunder and holy flame totem also don't synergize with the poison theme of the build at all.

Also quick google search tells me "life gain on hit" linked with ballista leeches life to the ballista and not to you, so not sure how that helps you in an overall setup.

3. You have way too many uniques. I don't know how's the market on standard, but double heup of all is a really bad choice instead of some rare rings that would give you more resists, life and whatever other stats you need.

Lion's roar is useless on a bow build, only works for melee.

Rotgut is trash tier.

Normal utility flasks like granite or quicksilver with suffixes on them would be better in that role.

4. Check this guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2668804
It looks kinda similar to what you have (poison rain of arrows with darkscorn and maloneys), I'm not saying copy it 100% but check what that build is doing and if you could improve from there. What is he picking from the tree? What gem supports and complimentary abilities is he using? Is he getting more life without expensive gear? Etc.

You could also try to ask there for advice.

I don't know what kind of guide you followed so far since you didn't link it, but a piece of advice is don't follow builds from websites like poe vault, odealo or "path of exile builds" because a lot of them are outdated by months if not years despite claiming "updated for the newest league" and they're basically a background for the website to plant unsavoury advertisements.

On the other hand, if you're following a youtube guide made by a known streamer again you need to check how long ago was it made (a lot of stuff change and it's harder to edit video than written guide) also what kind of budget / gear is expected because A LOT of streamers / youtubers have 0 worry about currency since they play all day, and while their builds look effective they're very expensive to reach that level of effectiveness.
Hi Viktranka.
Thank you for your advice.

1. I already change the character to have public access.
2. To my surprise, is quite close to the one on the rain of arrow guide. I also remove some flash and gems as per your comment.
3. I thought that to have double heup was a good idea because it's giving me 57 to all resistance + 59 to all attributes + 55 incresed damage. I searched for other rings and those with 3 resistance are really far from any budget.
Lion's and Rotgut are gone.

I send a PM to Astarift, maybe when hi’s free can answer back.

Thank you again. I'll see how this small changes can help fow now.
Hey man, happened to saw your post, and here are my suggestions for you:

1. POE is not a very beginner friendly game, its quite complicated to start wil, so make sure you check everything you don't understand here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

For example, you are trying to build a poison build here, however, poison can only be inflicted by chaos and physical damage, and therefore, and elemental damalge related gear/passives are a total waste for you.

2. Rain of arrows is one of the WORST skills in the game against bosses. It is quite bad as of cost-efficiency ratio, and people play it just for its fancy clear. IMO it is not good for beginners, I highly recommend you to try some other skills

3. Scourge arrow is the best bow skill for poison, and darkscorn is the best bow for it. It is good for both clear and bossing. But the play style can be a bit tricky and annoying since it is a channeling skill, and it can be a bit expensive. Here is a decent guide for scourge arrow: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841

In general, chaos damage over time skills are easy to use and good for beginners since the mechanics are straight forward, and can perform quite good on a very low budget. Here are two skiils you that you can have a look (followed by a build guide):
Caustic arrow: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077932
Toxic rain: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Caustic arrow is really good to start with, amazing for clear but not that great for bossing. Toxic rain is slightly more complicated, but good at both clear and bossing

All these builds are pure chaos builds and therefore you will be able to run any reflect maps

4. Also, I noticed that you have a 6L arborix. You can also try this elemental bow build if you have a bit higher budget (10 Exalts at least to start function, and can take 30Ex+ to feel good):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2460575
This is one of the BEST written bow guide in this forum, but slightly outdated (still good enough for beginners). The mechanics are more comlicated and expensive to start with compared to chaos builds, but it feels really great once you get there.

Overall, it is definitely worth your time to go through some good guides and check with POE wiki. Good Luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info