[10.8] Aimlessgun's 1H/Shield Lightning Cyclone Guide (videos! spreadsheets!)

"
Joupunk wrote:
When I reroll I'm gonna try this build. I was very sceptical about cyclone, but what the hell, why not give it a try?

Would this claw work?

Gonna do this on HC.

Should be good for HC. No lightning and mediocre dmg overall isn't the greatest but instant leech is very nice.

"
vick666 wrote:
Great guide. I'm only level 40, but it looks to me Promising.

My only fear is that ca be much more demanding than my summoner level stuff: p

Nice job!

Hehe you can say that about a lot of builds in comparison to summoner :p
Hi all,

Small return on my progress.

I'm level 60 now, and it's just crazy! I think I have ever been to the mobs at this speed.

I'm surprised more by this build and even though I know it's going to be complicated later, I took my foot!

My current gear:

I want the Wake of Destruction :(
Last edited by vick666 on Apr 25, 2013, 3:48:34 AM
"
vick666 wrote:
Hi all,

Small return on my progress.

I'm level 60 now, and it's just crazy! I think I have ever been to the mobs at this speed.

I'm surprised more by this build and even though I know it's going to be complicated later, I took my foot!

My current gear:

I want the Wake of Destruction :(

A 5L would greatly help your dps too. Faster attacks is awesome for applying on hit effects with cyclone aswell. Which would really help you since you use LGOH and Blood magic :). You can get a half decent rare 5L for a few gcps now days.

But yes, Wakes help this build a lot, as aimlessgun said they really power the build up. Its a fantastic build to play though and a lot of fun, props to aimless for sharing it :).
Hi all,

Re small return on my progress.

I'm level 71 now,and I started 66-67-68 maps.

Everything is going well, still not having chest 5L I adapt according to the composition of the map (I add my LGON and Enduring cry if ca spades.)

Some new parts (thankfully) have joined my gear (I'm pretty happy with the helmet despite low level resi rolls).

I always enjoy playing cyclone (despite the large number of Desync encountered)

Again thank you;)

I'll vouch for this build, although if you have decent gear such as wakes, enough mana/life to supplement the auras recommended in this guide, and a decent weapon, you can plow through maps about level 63-ish like I did.

Awesome guide!

My current equips:

Goals with gear:
I want to grab a higher armor rating on my armor. I've currently worked up enough exalteds for a nice 5L with about 1800+. I also want to grab better jewelry and a belt with more HP since the potential is 40-50hp more than what I got.

I also want to grab a better mainhand. I would like to get more physical and lightning with around 1.9 or even 2 APS in a corsair sword. The sword I use now is a huge pain in the ass with dex requirement.

Thoughts about the build and guide:

Cyclone is VERY mana costly and exponentially early on if you try to use a 5L early. With EB way too far off, You'd think another option is to either add a mana leech to your 5L or go the blood magic route. Blood Magic will help with resources needed to cast, but at such a huge cost plus not having 2 % based resource auras, you'd gimp yourself more than the benefit from BM. Aimless really did all that he would with resource management. Your only viable option is what he said in his guide: MP on items as well as at least 2% mana leech. 2% is BARE MINIMUM I cannot stress that enough. 3% is what you should really be aiming for if your main hand does not have a lot of physical.

-The usage of Multistrike-

Although Aimless says he does not recommend using this, I would invite you to take a look at replacing blind with it on your double strike skill. The DPS boost is amazing! I went up about 20% when I added a level 17 multistrike onto my double strike. Tis of course reduces the defensive benefit blind gives and should be used with caution with bosses which hit hard. I've done up to level 71 maps with really no need to switch yet. The dps/life leech boost makes up for it.

I will say that multistrike does reduce the elemental damage per hit so whereas you do increase your dps output directly, you may not see as many shock charges stacking with the use of MS over blind because of it's damage reducing debuff. I normally pass through an enemy at least once with cyclone to stack up shocks and then go for the kill with DS if he is the last one standing. Mana cost does go up but is countered with more dps.

DO NOT use multi on cyclone! This is not an option as you will randomly cyclone 2 more times and lose control of your duelist for that amount of time.

All in all, an amazing guide which deserves some recognition. I want to personally thank Aimless for his insight with the videos which helped me tons.

Tri Curse Freezing Ball Lightning Witch - view-thread/1483161
-------------------------------------------------------
General Martinus' Spoils of War - view-thread/419523
-------------------------------------------------------
Proud Alpha Tester, helping shape the world of Wraeclast
Last edited by GeneralMartinus on Apr 28, 2013, 4:27:58 AM
Been playing this for awhile

Really surprised theres no mention of using a quality culling strike with cyclone. In my expirience it's personal preference between that and increased aoe for 5L. max level and quality is 10% atk speed, 20% increased dmg (elemental and physical) and the culling strike effect coupled with the insane atk speed of this build makes it so you get the full benefit of always instakilling right at 10%. Also gives you more utility in groups being able to instagib all rares, bosses, and such at 10%
"
vick666 wrote:
Hi all,

Re small return on my progress.

Good to hear :)

"
I would invite you to take a look at replacing blind with it on your double strike skill.

Ah, I actually didn't think of that. I can definitely see that being good.

"
Grasswhistle wrote:
Been playing this for awhile

Really surprised theres no mention of using a quality culling strike with cyclone. In my expirience it's personal preference between that and increased aoe for 5L. max level and quality is 10% atk speed, 20% increased dmg (elemental and physical) and the culling strike effect coupled with the insane atk speed of this build makes it so you get the full benefit of always instakilling right at 10%. Also gives you more utility in groups being able to instagib all rares, bosses, and such at 10%

Hmm also sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get my hands on a culling at some point.
Nice build, tones of damage, but I have one question. When did u started using Cyclone? Becouse I'm 43 lvl and still using Cleave because mana cost of cyclone is too big to use it normally. Now I can use it only few times and my mana potions are empty. I've got also big problems with inteligence (I need to wear 3 items with addtional inteligence to use Warth).
IGN Rampage: BorrsuczePento
Last edited by IcesPL on May 2, 2013, 7:15:13 PM
Im also playing this guide, here is my current gear:

EDIT: got a new ring instead of the topaz

And my flasks:

In one level (ill have enough int to wear another ring) my resists will be at 83% all, my life is at the moment at 4512, i have 9.1k armor, 39% block chance and 260 life reg/ seconds. I run 5 Auras: Grace, Wrath, Anger off life, Purity and Vitality off Mana.
My Doublestrike DPS is 6050 at 3.76 APS, my cyclone DPS is 2260 at 4.46 APS

My skill tree looks slightly different but its mostly the same since i was completely copying the build fist. here is my build at its current state (Inner force is next so i can get 85% all res) http://tinyurl.com/cx8q8kl

All in all im loving this build and this is the character ive played for the longest time. im almost level 80 now. I feel like a Blender dashing through the enemy mob waves. i hope i can get a 6L Carcass jack at some point so i can run some additional support gem (maybe mana leech or life gain on hit. maybe just added chaos because i found a quality one, for the lolz)
Incase i get mana leech ill upgrade my Corsair to a tri elemental one, but that will be expensive
Last edited by ShellShoal on May 5, 2013, 8:47:48 AM
Hi. Me and my brother will start playing new characters tonight and we would like to give it a try to both your cold caster and this cyclone guy. We will be playing together all the time. Do you think they will be good together? Any recommendation on changing in both build to consider that?

I was thinking in getting endurance charges along the tree and enduring all mobs so he can safely freezes them and then I can cyclo all of the mobs safely.

Nice builds btw!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info