[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Hi there, playing this in SSF. At A3 right now and swapped to ice crash. However, I realised that to get Hollow Palm keystone, I need to have the one with nothing jewel. Should I still continue this in SSF? How easy is it to find that jewel?

I know 1 way is to grind T15 villa for div cards, but this is my first SSF character

Thank you!
Last edited by goatman0 on Apr 9, 2021, 4:11:03 AM
"
Hi there, playing this in SSF. At A3 right now and swapped to ice crash. However, I realised that to get Hollow Palm keystone, I need to have the one with nothing jewel. Should I still continue this in SSF? How easy is it to find that jewel?

I know 1 way is to grind T15 villa for div cards, but this is my first SSF character

Thank you!

With the new atlas passives it's much easier to get than before, but anything gated behind a specific unique will be tough on SSF especially for a first time.

The hollow palm ground slam build I have is a bit stronger without the jewel because it's carried by impale damage and defences from ascend. That could be an option if it looks good to you!
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
With the new atlas passives it's much easier to get than before, but anything gated behind a specific unique will be tough on SSF especially for a first time.

The hollow palm ground slam build I have is a bit stronger without the jewel because it's carried by impale damage and defences from ascend. That could be an option if it looks good to you!

Thanks for the response! I think I will stick to ice crash though and see how it goes cos it just looks way cooler compared to ground slam. I have another question: why ice crash? what makes it good with hollow palm?
Last edited by goatman0 on Apr 9, 2021, 12:04:47 PM
"
I think I will stick to ice crash though and see how it goes cos it just looks way cooler compared to ground slam. I have another question: why ice crash? what makes it good with hollow palm?

- Great damage scaling

- Not bothered by small unarmed weapon range

- Chill/Freeze is a defensive layer

- We have enough attack speed to make it feel awesome

Last edited by Velyna on Apr 9, 2021, 12:53:07 PM
"
Velyna wrote:
"
I think I will stick to ice crash though and see how it goes cos it just looks way cooler compared to ground slam. I have another question: why ice crash? what makes it good with hollow palm?

- Great damage scaling

- Not bothered by small unarmed weapon range

- Chill/Freeze is a defensive layer

- We have enough attack speed to make it feel awesome

Hello, thank you so much for creating this build, it looks amazing and I wanted to try this league, but I've got one question. I'm thinking between your Hollow Palm Ranger and 2H Axe Ice Crash Jugg. I don't need a zoom zoom build, I actually prefer more classic kind of builds (hello from Diablo 2 Paladin Zealot). Recent league I've been playing as RF Inq and Ground Slam Zerker, but this time I wanted to try Ice Crash, because melee + freeze combination looks so amazing and might suit me much better than non-freeze melee build.
I have never played as evasion melee builds, never played as ranger as well, is it tanky enough to compare with Jugg?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
"
anthouwgame wrote:
Hello, thank you so much for creating this build, it looks amazing and I wanted to try this league, but I've got one question. I'm thinking between your Hollow Palm Ranger and 2H Axe Ice Crash Jugg. I don't need a zoom zoom build, I actually prefer more classic kind of builds (hello from Diablo 2 Paladin Zealot). Recent league I've been playing as RF Inq and Ground Slam Zerker, but this time I wanted to try Ice Crash, because melee + freeze combination looks so amazing and might suit me much better than non-freeze melee build.
I have never played as evasion melee builds, never played as ranger as well, is it tanky enough to compare with Jugg?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

The jugg will have higher phys mitigation for sure, but unless your tanking massive hits on purpose without dodging it shouldn't matter too much. I think Ice Crash feels better with lots of attack speed, so that + ailment immune made me go ranger. I actually had never played a melee dodge build because I felt they would be too squishy and this one proved me wrong.
Last edited by Velyna on Apr 11, 2021, 7:48:00 AM
"
Velyna wrote:
The jugg will have higher phys mitigation for sure, but unless your tanking massive hits on purpose without dodging it shouldn't matter too much. I think Ice Crash feels better with lots of attack speed, so that + ailment immune made me go ranger. I actually had never played a melee dodge build because I felt they would be too squishy and this one proved me wrong.

Probably I'm going to try out your version of Ice Crash! Thanks once again and I'll definitely going to wait for updated version for 3.14.
Good luck hunting in PoE! :)
Nothing mentioned in manifesto build seems safe for now.
Build is safe, enjoy 3.14!
Hi,

considering starting with this come Friday and was just wondering how the price on the Hollow Palm jewel usually looks like early in a league (the first weekend)? Can I expect to get one for some Chaos or is it going for exalts early in a league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info