[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Hi -
so it looks like our uber lab node gives us 50% ailment avoidance, and then we get 30% via 'resistance and ailment protection mastery' and 20% via 'life mastery', so thats 50%. thinking aloud but wondering if there are potentially better boots out there with dex or some dex buff since part of the allure there was the buff for ground ailments. though 1000+ dex does equate to 200 life which is decent by itself
Last edited by jjmccaw on Oct 25, 2021, 2:32:55 PM
"
jjmccaw wrote:
Hi -
so it looks like our uber lab node gives us 50% ailment avoidance, and then we get 30% via 'resistance and ailment protection mastery' and 20% via 'life mastery', so thats 50%. thinking aloud but wondering if there are potentially better boots out there with dex or some dex buff since part of the allure there was the buff for ground ailments. though 1000+ dex does equate to 200 life which is decent by itself

Imo the flat life is the main draw of these boots. Protection from ground effects is nice but this build really wants flat life everywhere we can get it since we can't get it on helm, chest, amulet or gloves. The dex is a nice bonus on top of that.

I suppose you could argue for BiS boots that give something like 80+ life, tailwind, elusive, movement speed, maybe dex. But these would be difficult to craft and you still lose a ton of flat life.

That being said, ailment immune DOES mean that you don't need cyclopean coil for freeze immunity. BiS belt will be a hunter stygian vise but in the meantime you can get a synthesised dex implicit belt and use one essence of sorrow and you have a huge dex belt.
Nice build🤣🤣🤣looks too cheap too, no gloves no weapons no shields ... Good Work!!
Nice build🤣🤣🤣looks too cheap too, no gloves no weapons no shields ... Good Work!!

What i should buy next ?
how are we utilizing Cold Conduction without a source of shock?
"
Shamethat wrote:
Hey Velyna, just wanted to say I got a day 3 A8 Sirus kill with this build this league. Never played Hollow Palm before but your new tree worked like a charm. Thanks for keeping this guide updated

I must suck. It took me three days to get through the acts and I'm getting slaughtered in T1 maps. I wonder if I switched too soon. I sold a cluster jewel for 25c and bought a one with nothing in act 9. Right now I'm getting stun locked by the weakest of mobs and am having a very unfun time playing :/
"
LunarProphet wrote:
"
Shamethat wrote:
Hey Velyna, just wanted to say I got a day 3 A8 Sirus kill with this build this league. Never played Hollow Palm before but your new tree worked like a charm. Thanks for keeping this guide updated

I must suck. It took me three days to get through the acts and I'm getting slaughtered in T1 maps. I wonder if I switched too soon. I sold a cluster jewel for 25c and bought a one with nothing in act 9. Right now I'm getting stun locked by the weakest of mobs and am having a very unfun time playing :/

You've got a lot going on that needs fixing. Fractal Thoughts and Cyclopean Coil are both huge damage boosts for 1-3 chaos. If you're stuck on a 4-link, you can put it in your boots (easier to get 3-4 red sockets) and buy a Briskwrap for like 2 chance orbs.

You have low cold res and very low fire res. You can't rely on helmet or belt or boots for resists, those slots are used for core unqiues, so you need to get res from rings and jewels. Don't look for dex on rings yet, just get as much resist as possible, you should be able to reach res cap between two 1c rings and passive tree (and maybe some res jewels).

On your passive tree, ditch Weapon Artistry, Fangs of Frost (only applies to weapon damage) and Graceful Assault (you can get Onslaught from Silver Flask, this is luxury). Fervour is good but you can ditch it until your next lab because you went the wrong ascendancy nodes first, Velyna recommends Avatar of the Slaughter first for a reason, the Frenzy charge generation/bonuses carry you early.

Use the passive points you get from this to grab the two jewel sockets that are two points away, plus maybe cloth and chain if you need help with res. You should have regret points from quests to do this, if not you can look up which quests give regrets. Buy a 1c jewel for each socket, including replacing the jewel you have, freeze effect is basically nothing. %max life is mandatory on every jewel, then look for attack speed (while dual wielding), cold damage, or resists if you need them.

Type /passives in game and make sure you have every point from quests, looks like you're two short in PoB.

The core pieces of this build are very important and having capped resists is VERY important, once you have those things should start going better

EDIT: You didn't switch too soon, don't worry. I got an exalt drop in act 8 on day 1 and used it to swap to Hollow Palm immediately, I had no problem reaching red maps from that point. You just need the foundational stuff right
Last edited by Shamethat on Oct 26, 2021, 11:52:30 PM
"
LunarProphet wrote:
Right now I'm getting stun locked by the weakest of mobs and am having a very unfun time playing :/

You've been given some really good advice already, but one very quick, free fix to the stun lock problem is to switch your pantheon to Soul of the Brine King until you get your HP up. It will prevent chain stun locks - and costs nothing!
What's the best way to 5R 1G the wildwrap? I've never offcolored a 6link before

-edit

I just read the note on the first page. I have a 6link wild and it currently has 3 reds. All I would need to do is buy/find 2 "change a non red to red" harvest craft to get the last two, correct?

Thanks
Last edited by shitwindsarecoming on Oct 28, 2021, 3:07:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info