MTX

Can we get this account wide, not platform based?
asking cause i had to move to xbox as my comp went, and now that my comp is back ill prob never play xbox again until next time i need to redo comp....
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2020, 11:49:26 PM
probably will never happen since on console it's the platform-holders that handle the transactions when you buy points and those transactions are bound to your psn/xbl account.
"
probably will never happen since on console it's the platform-holders that handle the transactions when you buy points and those transactions are bound to your psn/xbl account.

This keeps getting said on here but it is false you buy points from the console store and all the things you spend them on are handled by the ggg servers microsoft/Sony have no clue what mtx you have beyond the number of points you purchased. GGG could easily allow mtx to be account bound regardless of platform many other games already have but they want you to buy it twice.
"
"

This keeps getting said on here but it is false you buy points from the console store and all the things you spend them on are handled by the ggg servers microsoft/Sony have no clue what mtx you have beyond the number of points you purchased. GGG could easily allow mtx to be account bound regardless of platform many other games already have but they want you to buy it twice.

your account is explicitly bound to your xbl/psn id this is the same on all online console games (even the ones that have crossplay), all MTX purchases are bound to that account and the payment methods e.g a debit/credit card are handled by the console platform-holders not GGG hence higher prices on console vs pc.
"
"
"

your account is explicitly bound to your xbl/psn id this is the same on all online console games (even the ones that have crossplay), all MTX purchases are bound to that account and the payment methods e.g a debit/credit card are handled by the console platform-holders not GGG hence higher prices on console vs pc.

While the console account does handle the sale of points and your debit card once that purchase is made the info is sent to a ggg server. Then ggg handles all the mtx. It is never seen by the Microsoft after that. Many games including call of duty have your mtx bound to your account so no matter what platform you are on if you use the same Activision account you have all your mtx. So once again what you are saying is false other than the fact that debit cards are handled by the console store.
My guess is that they need to see how much money they earn from console players. No money = no quality of life updates to console players.
I bet they spend a lot money and resources just to get this game on console, also a free game.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
"
call of duty have your mtx bound to your account so no matter what platform you are on if you use the same Activision account you have all your mtx

Activision only started that with the recent Modern Warfare, only games that have crossplay and cross-progression such as the recent Cod or Fortnite (pc/ps4 only) have cross-platform mtx, PoE is not a crossplay game and any mtx purchased in a non-crossplay game is bound to the platform that created the account.
"
"
call of duty have your mtx bound to your account so no matter what platform you are on if you use the same Activision account you have all your mtx

Activision only started that with the recent Modern Warfare, only games that have crossplay and cross-progression such as the recent Cod or Fortnite (pc/ps4 only) have cross-platform mtx, PoE is not a crossplay game and any mtx purchased in a non-crossplay game is bound to the platform that created the account.

Again false you are making statements with no idea how the transactions are handled Minecraft did the same thing before they allowed crossplay between PS4 and Xbox.
"
Minecraft did the same thing before they allowed crossplay between PS4 and Xbox.

Minecraft did it after Microsoft bought Mojang and requires a microsoft account to do so, in pre-microsoft minecraft MTX was platform restricted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info