[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"

also if you have good shavs flammability is better in chest compared to combust (move combust into wand)

Some node i like to add is make sure to use 1.5 APS Wand otherwise reaching the trigger cap is not possible due to lack of attack speed.
"
zzang wrote:
"

also if you have good shavs flammability is better in chest compared to combust (move combust into wand)

Some node i like to add is make sure to use 1.5 APS Wand otherwise reaching the trigger cap is not possible due to lack of attack speed.

Yeah I know, but got base for 20c and got lucky with crafting it for less than 5ex. omen is a bad base though I'll admit, the aps is lacking.
Yeah I guess it just took longer than usual to update. It's 100% better even with lvl 18 conc.

I have combust in my wand and flammability in chest already

For skill tree, should I prioritize crit multi jewels or notables first? I could see gaining damage through jewels but losing ES

Last edited by Yunivercity on Apr 2, 2021, 1:26:36 AM
Hi ZZang! This is my absolute favorite build as it is the first time I managed to kill Sirus! If You invest enough the build really begins to shine; all conquerors are a matter of few seconds and the build is also quite forgiving regardind making mistakes in movement! Thanks a lot for providing such a well rounded build to us! Unfortunately I don't think it will be possible in the next season - unlike GGG changes the mind regarding harvest crafting! ZZang thank You once more - I'm quite sure, this will become my first lvl100 char!
with new pob out, I'm right in thinking we just slap 12x count on vd and dd for accurate dps?

5.5m vd ending up total dps of 150m, I'm guessing that's correct when you take it as 12x 5.5m + dd 12x 8m

wave of conviction is suprisingly 500k dps on its own

also had a look and omen wand ends up +0.4% over imbued, I guess because of the +1% crit base and cast rate not being high enough to be needed for next cdr breakpoint (0.04s off)
Last edited by Mizerka on Apr 5, 2021, 3:28:07 PM
"

also had a look and omen wand ends up +0.4% over imbued, I guess because of the +1% crit base and cast rate not being high enough to be needed for next cdr breakpoint (0.04s off)

Im not sure what you have compared there but cast rate doesnt matter for this build. Its the attack rate with barrage that triggers VD/DD via Spellslinger together with CDR% break points.

According to my Testing 5 Attacks per Second are enough to hit the trigger cap of 0.33.
An interesting thing is that with PoB Community Version 2.0.3 there maybe leaked a cooldown recovery nerf. In PoB it shows 0.36 now which was 0.33at 82% CDR.
Also ingame still showing 0.33 for me.
Would be sad if this is a leaked nerf of 3.14 as there are way more powerful builds for less investment (Blade Vortex + Headhunter).

Edit: the current community fork version seems to have a slight bug where it doesnt add 2% extra CDR from Spellslinger lvl 21+1. Its still 82% CDR so all good.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 7, 2021, 7:15:43 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"

Im not sure what you have compared there but cast rate doesnt matter for this build. Its the attack rate with barrage that triggers VD/DD via Spellslinger together with CDR% break points.

According to my Testing 5 Attacks per Second are enough to hit the trigger cap of 0.33.
An interesting thing is that with PoB Community Version 2.0.3 there maybe leaked a cooldown recovery nerf. In PoB it shows 0.36 now which was 0.33at 82% CDR.
Also ingame still showing 0.33 for me.
Would be sad if this is a leaked nerf of 3.14 as there are way more powerful builds for less investment (Blade Vortex + Headhunter).

Edit: the current community fork version seems to have a slight bug where it doesnt add 2% extra CDR from Spellslinger lvl 21+1. Its still 82% CDR so all good.

I'm at 75% cdr (no elevated boots and +1fire instead of +1spells) which gets me to 66% break point, if I understand spellslinger correctly this only requires 2.75 attack/s to always trigger on cooldown, with omen I get 3.20/s in hideout (82%cdr requiring 3/s).

unless I'm wrong of course, trigger breakpoints are complicated. but with above, extra aps on wand doesn't do anything even if elevate boots for 82% breakpoint into 0.33s
Last edited by Mizerka on Apr 7, 2021, 10:06:39 AM
"

I'm at 75% cdr (no elevated boots and +1fire instead of +1spells) which gets me to 66% break point, if I understand spellslinger correctly this only requires 2.75 attack/s to always trigger on cooldown, with omen I get 3.20/s in hideout (82%cdr requiring 3/s).

unless I'm wrong of course, trigger breakpoints are complicated. but with above, extra aps on wand doesn't do anything even if elevate boots for 82% breakpoint into 0.33s

In theory you are right about the numbers and im sure it applys for CoC where hitting the exact APS to match the trigger rate is beneficual but i think barrage support introduces another complexity layer into this.

From personal testing i can tell that with 3 aps i would start missing some triggers where the icon of VD/DD shows a longer downtime. I can replicate this ingame with for example using a slower Omen Wand and compare it to a fastet Imbued Wand but this is judged by 82% CDR.
Kudos to you zzang, played this build for the last 3 seasons, there really is nothing better than this.

Debating playing this again for 3.14, really want to try something new but the idea of nothing coming close to this in terms of DPS + Tankiness is saddening :(
Last edited by rejolt on Apr 12, 2021, 5:48:29 PM
Looking at the manifesto, this build is still going to be giga omega strong, nerfs are be Wave of Conviction exposure and Vaal RF (which was not even usable big bosses like Sirus, Maven, Feared etc..). Losing probably 5% damage without Vaal RF and probably close to 15% with Vaal RF.

Looking at all of the other meta skills being nerfed, I wouldn't be surprised if VD becomes meta again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info