[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

I do really enjoy this build. So I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for figuring it all out and writing it down Zzang. Been min-maxing a lot recently and was wondering what else I could do to increase my block chance to achieve 75/75 in both categories, currently sitting at 71/72.

Today I crafted a final version of my wand and rolled +1 fire spell skill gems. How does it compare to +added fire damage to spells? Is it worth rerolling or should I just stick with it?

Aside from that, I would like to hear how you are coping with reflect, Atziri in particular. I really do need the strength + fire res (wise oak) from my ring so Sibyl's Lament + Yugul Pantheon would need some wider gear adaption.

Cheers
"
ekkeyo wrote:

Want to sell this, how much would something like this be worth?

I bought my wand for about 400 ex. Have to say it was on Standard League, where nothing close to this was for sale for weeks.

Hello guys,

I'm going to get a better wand myself, and I was wondering, what are the most important lines on it?

Specially, I struggle to understand, why the local added fire mod?
If I'm not mistaken, it's only increasing the wand attack with frenzy shooting it, correct?

I have a +1 all spell and +1 all fire spell imbued wand base, I was thinking of working with that.
So I was debating if I should aim for % fire/spell damage, or the added fire damage local.

I really struggle to understand the importance of the local added fire. Pardon my ignorance, and please someone enlighten me so I die less stupid. ^^
Maybe it's not even local and I got misleaded somewhere...
"
OWazabi wrote:
Hello guys,

I'm going to get a better wand myself, and I was wondering, what are the most important lines on it?

If I'm not mistaken, it's only increasing the wand attack with frenzy shooting it, correct?

I have a +1 all spell and +1 all fire spell imbued wand base, I was thinking of working with that.
So I was debating if I should aim for % fire/spell damage, or the added fire damage local.

I really struggle to understand the importance of the local added fire. Pardon my ignorance, and please someone enlighten me so I die less stupid. ^^

Read spellslinger
Hi, Zzang. Thanks you a lot for this build, can you please tell me how good Arcane Surge in ring for this build?
"
N3L wrote:
Hi, Zzang. Thanks you a lot for this build, can you please tell me how good Arcane Surge in ring for this build?

Well load your PoB. Put Arcane Surge lvl 1 gem into your build and see for yourself?
Tried to calculate the cost of wand crafting. If I use confidence of 63% (that is, if you have 1/5 chance to hit something, I presume you hit it with 5 tries. And if you have 1/92 chance to hit something, you hit it with 92 tries). There are couple unknowns, the luck and discord prices for crafts. But my approximation is ~140 ex for T1 flat fire wand and ~65 ex for T2+ flat fire wand.

Wand without the last step (flat fire dam) costs around 45 ex. Since "cannot roll caster mods" is only 5 blessings and "trigger socketed spells" is 4c, it's cheap to fiddle with those. So you can craft the wand with just random roll of any tier flat fire damage, play with that, accumulate currency and just switch the benchcraft when you wish to Harvest craft add/rem fire.
"
zzang wrote:
"
N3L wrote:

Well load your PoB. Put Arcane Surge lvl 1 gem into your build and see for yourself?

Well, thank you.
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:
"
OWazabi wrote:
Hello guys,

Read spellslinger

THANKS. Got it now. <3
Crafted this, but it's bad I think. Will make a better one after selling it. :)
Again, this is a high end build, but just to give my fellow noobs an idea of how it can work:

- Started leveling as life VD Spellslinger
- around lvl 89 i switched to this version
- Currently in map 11 and it plays well and can melt a lot of stuff, with my fubar gear and around 6700 ES

My gear cost around 10ex, most of it (6.5ex) being the helmet i bought, the rest is mainly cluster jewels, the 6link shavs and respeccing costs.

Last edited by Bjornz0r on Mar 7, 2021, 3:49:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info