[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
dtx1212 wrote:
It seems like wands became much more cheaper atm. Xoph's wand was about 3-4 ex for base when I was crafting wand for myself. I actually just have bought a wand with t1 inc fire damage mod, and I was copying them via beast splitting until I didn't fracture the required mod.

Xoph's wands are still ~3ex, but sometimes ppl sell them at ~10c since they don't know the value.

I'm a bit puzzled about the beast splitting thing. If you copy T1 fire damage wands with beastsplitting, won't one of the resulting wands lose the mod? Wiki says "Split an Item Into Two, With Half the Mods on Each Item" so it means that one wand will have T1 fire mod and the other will not.

Also could you explain a bit this part "until I didn't fracture the required mod".
"
Wermine wrote:
"
dtx1212 wrote:
It seems like wands became much more cheaper atm. Xoph's wand was about 3-4 ex for base when I was crafting wand for myself. I actually just have bought a wand with t1 inc fire damage mod, and I was copying them via beast splitting until I didn't fracture the required mod.

Xoph's wands are still ~3ex, but sometimes ppl sell them at ~10c since they don't know the value.

I'm a bit puzzled about the beast splitting thing. If you copy T1 fire damage wands with beastsplitting, won't one of the resulting wands lose the mod? Wiki says "Split an Item Into Two, With Half the Mods on Each Item" so it means that one wand will have T1 fire mod and the other will not.

Also could you explain a bit this part "until I didn't fracture the required mod".

Get a blue xoph's wand with no other mods, imprint it, regal it to rare, beast split it. If you were lucky, you'll get another copy on the floor and now you can restore original wand to xoph's(if not - just regal and beast split wand again). Now aug, regal, add any random shit if needed and try to fracture xoph's prefix. Repeat these steps until you won't fracture xoph's.
Last edited by dtx1212 on Mar 4, 2021, 10:25:42 AM
Okay, I've asked this before, but tested some things out, and I don't see any benefit to two awakened spell cascade gems (i.e. the one on desecrate).

The description of spell cascade is :
"Supported Area of Effect Skills also affect areas in front of and behind the targeted area"

That means it casts 3 times. Desecrate spawns 5 corpses/ cast, so a single cast will spawn up to 15 corpses with a normal cascade. However, desecrate is limited to 10 + 2 from undertaker for a max of 12 corpses.

How does awakened cascade, which only serves to cast desecrate 2 more times, help if the non-awakened version already spawns the max of 12?

Thanks.
"
Gardiff wrote:

How does awakened cascade, which only serves to cast desecrate 2 more times, help if the non-awakened version already spawns the max of 12?

Thanks.

Page 262. Its the best explanation that exists when it comes to why Awakened Spell Cascade. TLDR: yes the effect is pretty big.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 5, 2021, 2:11:05 AM
Hey guys, first of all, sick build.

I've been playing this with my friend and just blasting through everything. :)

I have a question tho, maybe someone could help me.
My gloves aren't really good, just high ES and some res lines.
I was thinking of using Null and Void, for some fun, and the big increase damage (wich I miss a lot in my build). And the immunities and all that comes with it ofc.

My doubt was, won't it screw my dps somehow because it does things with corpses right? Casts a big detonate dead.
Maybe that detonate dead scales with the build and it's more of a help than a problem.
Or maybe it's a bad idea and I'm blind not to see it.

Anyone has tested this, or have some info? :)

Thanks a bunch,
Waza.
"
OWazabi wrote:
Hey guys, first of all, sick build.

I've been playing this with my friend and just blasting through everything. :)

I have a question tho, maybe someone could help me.
My gloves aren't really good, just high ES and some res lines.
I was thinking of using Null and Void, for some fun, and the big increase damage (wich I miss a lot in my build). And the immunities and all that comes with it ofc.

My doubt was, won't it screw my dps somehow because it does things with corpses right? Casts a big detonate dead.
Maybe that detonate dead scales with the build and it's more of a help than a problem.
Or maybe it's a bad idea and I'm blind not to see it.

Anyone has tested this, or have some info? :)

Thanks a bunch,
Waza.

As for damage maybe your friend need a better wand (as so often in this thread).
This build usually have zero damage issues infact im killing Sirus AL 9 in my current gears in roughly 1 second maybe even under 1 second so id guess the real damage mechanically applied to a single target goes between 80-100 milion dps.

As for Null and Void its a item like Headhunter you kill something you get something. With my quality builds i try to stay away from such items as i want to show the true performance without some powerboosted manipulation. Plus we use our glove slot for massive ES/Resist/Culling Strike/Unnerve which otherwise would come with heavy opportunity cost from other slots.

Last edited by zzang on Mar 5, 2021, 3:36:40 AM
I see thanks a lot. :)

I def think he needs a better wand and we're currently working on it, and gloves like yours are BiS for sure.
Just a little more to go until we get there, started Ritual League like 10d ago.

Your reply def helped so we'll work around resistances and try out the Null and Void.
Hope it doesnt mess up the corpses too much. ^^

Regardless there's no doubt that this build doesn't lack DPS or anything at all.
That was never the point.

Keep up the great work and thanks again.
Waza.
I just wanted to thank you guys for answering this fast and giving advice.
The beast splitting advice is very good, I thought about this myself.

Thank you also again for the crafting explanation @zzang and to @Wermine for kindly offering me the wand which will save me a lot of time!

Thank you!
I bought a helm, and iam unsure if i f'ed up or what, before i start crafting on it

Its double influence, but is there a way to change it? does it just have to be both shaper and elder, or how do i start?
"
Bjornz0r wrote:
I bought a helm, and iam unsure if i f'ed up or what, before i start crafting on it

Its double influence, but is there a way to change it? does it just have to be both shaper and elder, or how do i start?

Unfortunately there is no way to change existing influence on an item except if the owner did beast imprint the magic base before apply the influence.

And yes the helm has to be Elder/Base. Ultimatively you only need the enchant. Then you imprint the helm do Add influence to non influence item until it hits Elder or Shaper base. After that you can fuse with Awakaners Orb for second Influence.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 5, 2021, 7:30:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info