Do you have multiple Mains like me?

This is the only game I have played where I feel like its better to play at least 2-3 characters at the same time. Doing this allows you to get better gear for each character, and is more interesting than using one character to farm an instance 3 times for the same result in my opinion.

So I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way? It helps that I love all of the different builds so much that I could only narrow it down to 3 that I wanted to play as Mains.

On a side note, I'm absolutely hooked on this game. Great job GGG.
I do have multiple mains. Only because the game is so boring though. I literally start dozing off while playing.
i only have one atm trying to get my duelist as high as i can till i get bored and move on to ranger.
It definitely pays off to look for gear for your other characters. I also stockpile skill gems so my future characters don't have to rely on quest rewards to get their build up and running.

I typically have about 2-4 characters at a time and which one I use depends on who I'm playing with and what mood I'm in.
Forum Sheriff
I tend to stack up gear in case I start a new character, although I prefer not playing on too many character at once
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I play 2-3 characters at a time as "mains," and I rarely share gear among them. This is mainly for the sake of testing; once released I'll freely share gear across all my characters.

I usually have a few other characters as alts, which are mainly used when playing with other people. I share gear with them regularly.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I store good gear for all my characters. I've deleted quite a few already that I have scrapped as well to retry or tweak a bit.

One thing I do is keep a skill gem of every level for each skill, that way any character no matter what level can start using a skill gem at any time..and not need to level it up again.

There are also quite a few skill gems that I like using at level 1 to keep the mana cost down...and because the effectiveness does not increase greatly as you level them up.

As far as equipment, I mainly aim for good weapon/shields of each type...at a variety of level ranged. I do find it more fun playing through the game with a new character, trying out a new build, then playing the same character long term..at least for now.

Partly that is because we are all going to lose these characters eventually...spending a very long time to get a character from 60-65 for instance really isn't worth it if your going to lose the character anyway...not to mention you don't see a large difference at that point in how the character plays.

Making a new character from scratch though gives you alot more options as you level up. You can choose weapons you specialize in, passive nodes you take, skills you use etc all over again.

Witches that specialize in wands, each elemental spell, minions, defense/shields are just a few examples of different builds to play for 1 class. Mauraders that specialize in defense, max hp and regen, one handed and shield, two handed, dual wielding and even specific weapons and specific nodes on the passive tree, I've made at least 10 maurader builds already.

My least played is Templar I think and I have 3 of them I have played. There are tons of different builds to play..so for now I am spending my time finding my favorite....then once we get to open beta i'll probably take 3 or 4 (depending on the new class additions) and stick with them long term.

I know i'll want a spell based character for sure. Depending on the minion changes I may or may not add in a few minion boosting nodes (they are pretty close to the spell damage boosting nodes so I probably will).

A ranged build I'll want for sure as well. Probably one of the easiest builds to play right now in my opinion. Try as I might, I couldn't get my wand witch build to compare at all to bow builds.

I'll probably want a tankish build......and a dual wielding build. The dual wield build though is difficult past the early game without defense as well...so we'll see how future changes go and if that becomes a good possibility (I could also just avoid specializing in dual wield...and go with 1 handed nodes + melee bonuses + axe/sword/claw but still have the option to use a shield (and perhaps even specialize in it a bit) when I need the defense boost.

Anyway I think most everyone has multiple characters right now:)
no
I have no main, i play ~18 characters at the same time.
No main, just a few dozen Rangers
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info