[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Sooo... i asume, we need to see Petrified Blood in action. Maybe that + low lvl life flask or some another way to slow life regen allow "fix" HS nerf. About poison adk... does that nerf also work on weapons that already have older suffix? I mean no legacy poison version?

Overall i think we need see full notes. I dont belive that they will releas only nerf stuff.
Last edited by KaindeMort on Apr 13, 2021, 1:59:33 PM
[Edit] Found my answer elsewhere - Thanks
Last edited by Rorrak88 on Apr 14, 2021, 2:17:58 AM
"It's All Nerfs" Discussion:

There are axes flying over everywhere, and I got quite a few PMs concerning about the adverse impacts of the latest balance manifesto on our build.

So, I'd like share my opinion on those changes.

1. Hardened Scars Nerf:

"
Hardened Scars no longer grants Fortify during the Effect of any Life Flask. Instead now grants Fortify while Recovering Life from a Life Flask. The Notable was granting Fortify too easily to any character that could maintain uptime on a Hallowed Hybrid Flask with the Enduring Prefix.

We receive collateral damage from the Hardened Scars balance affecting the Enduring mod on the Enduring Hallowed hybrid flask.

Fortunately for us, we use Foreboding (Hallowed) hybrid flask. It's also a hybrid flask but quite different from the nerf-target Enduring flask. See the number crunching below:

Consider the stock Hallowed Hybrid flask (20% qual)
0%:
"
Recovers 1740 Life over 5.00 seconds

20%: 2088 Life over 5.00 seconds

Enduring Hallowed Hybrid (20%): 1462 life / 3.5sec = 418 life/sec
"
Flask Effect is not removed at Full Mana Flask Effect does not Queue, 30% reduced Duration, 30% reduced Amount Recovered*

Foreboding Hallowed Hybrid (20%): 3466 life / 5sec = 693 life/sec
"
Mana Recovery occurs instantly at the end of the Flask effect, 66% increased Amount Recovered*

With enough flask mods in our build, we can have life recovery from the Foreboding hybrid anywhere from 10k / 6sec to 18k / 6sec = ~1.6k/sec to 3k/sec.

With that in mind, the new Petrified Blood seems to be a good add for our build since it does two things:
  • converts part of the instant DPS to damage over time
  • while above 50% life (low life) skills cost life as well as mana

--> allowing the high life recovery from Foreboding hybrid to run its full course. Consequently, the Fortify effect would be still up and running with the Foreboding and mitigates damage taken from hit.

Notes:
The amount of DoT that split from the hit damage is based on the hit damage after mitigation. E.g. Let's say you have Fortify (20% less damage taken from hit) and take 1000 damage from hit while having Petrified blood activated. Let's say Petrified Blood makes 40% damage from hit to be counted as DoT while the remaining 60% taken instantly. The amount of damage after mitigation by Fortify is 800 --> DoT = 800 * 0.4 = 320, and hit damage taken = 800 * 0.6 = 480.

The downside is the DoT, which will force us to come up with more clever ways to improve our defense w.r.t. DoT. I would need to take a closer look to see the magnitude of instant damage applied to DoT, but my initial impression is that we'd be still okay regardless if we have large-enough life recovery from flask.

2. Nerf to chance for poisons to deal double damage on rare items

This is simply a nerf to the poison DPS. We will need some details to calculate how much additional bonuses to break even with the prior-nerf mod in terms of DPS.

However, the PF's Master Toxicist still provides 30% chance for poison to deal double damage. It's no fun going from 90% to 30%, but it's still something we could rely on for poison DPS boost. Last but not least, we'd probably still have Darkscorn as a backup if things totally go south. Yup, that's with the assumption that the poison chance mod on the unique bow doesn't get the same harsh treatment as its rare counterparts.

Good luck, exile!
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Apr 14, 2021, 3:05:59 PM
hey there

thanks for the build

I have question regarding the pod postion using CA, I am not really sure I understand how to pod control in single target, like what should i do? like where should my mouse cursor be ?
Last edited by BlightBoy17 on Apr 14, 2021, 11:32:37 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
With that in mind, the new Petrified Blood seems to be a good add for our build since it does two things:
  • converts part of the instant DPS to damage over time
  • while above 50% life (low life) skills cost life as well as mana

--> allowing the high life recovery from Foreboding hybrid to run its full course. Consequently, the Fortify effect would be still up and running with the Foreboding and mitigates damage taken from hit.

(truncated for brevity)

I'd wondered what might happen to this build, since it's my favourite one I've tried over the last year, and whether Petrified Blood might save it. Good to see there is a viable workaround here.

(And it actually might make it even stronger.)
Going to go ahead anyway despite the nerfs.
First time trying a bow build seriously for a league. I usually only do one character a league.

I retooled my only other bow character (that I created on a whim to test MF) to just give it a whirl to see how scourge arrow plays and I saw that fortify went up with a 1 second duration.
Would depend on what happens first. Blood Rage or Life regen from flask.

I'm wondering how the interaction works with Blood Rage.
Will it make fortify intermittent?

Petrified blood does look like an interesting solution.

As for the double damage nerf. Don't forget they said they were replacing it with a local (what does that mean) damage over time multiplier. Sure it will be less damage (that's the whole point of the nerf) but it might be something?

I really enjoyed Scourge Arrow. Didn't take me long to get it working well vs single target. And my character is a very far cry from what the build should be :) Think its only about 150k Dps per pod which gave me plenty of time on T16 bosses. Haha.

Petrified blood.

40% of damage (below half health) is prevented. We then take 76% of what was prevented as DOT over the next 4 seconds.
So its actually a net profit.
Helps prevent one shots.
Most of the time only a small portion of the damage will be below half health so the DOT wont be horrific and its damage we would have had to heal anyway.

We take 40% of Base mana cost as Base life cost extra if above half health.

Reserves 35% mana.
That's more than I thought it would be
What does it replace?
Rorrak88, KaideMort, and BK: I like you guys' positive spirit.

So, challenge accepted I guess. Let's see how Petrified + Hardened Scars turn out to be. I'm eager to bring 2x Foreboding hybrid for the first time in my life. ;)

Regarding Petrified Blood, just a friendly reminder: the 60% unprevented damage from hit is first mitigated by our defense. Then 76% (20/20 gem) of the mitigated damage taken as DoT over 4sec. So the good defense really helps to further reduce the downside of Petrified Blood. The question now is which herald/aura we gonna ditch to make space for PB.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
The question now is which herald/aura we gonna ditch to make space for PB.

Flash&Stone->Arctic Armor->Aspect of Spider depend what you use. I am have AA+Spider on EV build and Spider only on Armor, Agony\Determination\Malevolence not an option in my opinion.

Does EV version is dead? As i understand DoT (especially those you apply to yourself) cant be dodged?
Last edited by KaindeMort on Apr 15, 2021, 1:00:25 PM
"
KaindeMort wrote:
"
The question now is which herald/aura we gonna ditch to make space for PB.

Flash&Stone->Arctic Armor->Aspect of Spider depend what you use.55

In that case it would be spider for me but its a LOT of dps if you have Fenemis gloves on. This going to be a trial and see when we get there.

Might also be Agony, but Its also a problem child as its a lot of DPS. However with one of the new rings with Chaos damage implicit, with what mods. I doubt that's the answer though.

[edit] fixed formatting after quote mixup
Last edited by Rorrak88 on Apr 15, 2021, 1:49:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info