Your Operating System of Choice

In the recent years we've seen the development of many new (often free) and viable OS'.

My question for the forum:

Has anyone else has jumped ship from the typical Mac/Windows and what are some of your favorite new features. If your in the Beta, tell us of that experience if it applies to your OS.

I have multiple systems on my current setup (Yes... Windows too), however my current OS of choice is Ubuntu. This system is great for me, first, because it is free! Ubuntu also includes a whole load of free software with an extensive built in system to search more for free. Most importantly Ubuntu is an open source Linux based OS, I suggest you look into it (Ubuntu.com)! Thank you for reading, I hope to hear of something new.
I tried Ubuntu for a while, before going back to Windows. Vista was a horrible experience but I'm very happy with Windows 7
Mostly 'cause Vista was a bitch on your resources, XP & W7 are both relatively easy going in those regards
my OS of choice is linux , preferably distros like ubuntu etc..

yet, unfortunately when it comes to many games, if I do want to play them, there is no other choice then being forced to stick with windows.. in that case, it's win 7 x64 ultimate here ;)

luckily, I can at least run a few of my favourite games on linux too, either via wine or vmware player eg. (has 3d support now too)
member of clan-da.com and darkmatters.org
long-term sacred closed HC & Mythos tester
more game companies should try aid linux users :[
Lindows.
Windows 7 'cause I'm used to it. Used Ubuntu for a few weeks but got rid of it 'cause I have no use for it
I have a dual bootsetup. Ubuntu on one, Win 7 on the other. Makes compatibility issues almost non existant. Both have their pros and cons, but it's fun to kind of have the best in both worlds.
Windows 7 x64 with XP in VWWare
Only and Only Windows XP 32bit..

Never really tried for long time others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info