[3.15] EXPLOSIVE / FLAMETHROWER TRAP Saboteur Build. Cheapest League Starter for ALL CONTENT!

Decided to give it a shot and reworked this build for 3.16, both as a league starter as well as for end-game.

Would say that this build is still viable for 3.16 in terms of DPS, affordability and survivability. Some thoughts based on my experience:

- Was crucial to pick up 100% spell suppression (via tree, helm and boots) + to have the right defensive flasks to maximise evasion, armor and immunities (particularly corrupting blood and freeze/chill as we already have immunity to ignite/shock via our mastery)
- Pre-3.16 end-game content all viable (Feared, A9 Sirus etc.)
- Scourge is do-able until around 125-150 stacks, assuming you roll past bad mods such as vuln, ele weakness, mobs cannot be stunned etc. Over 125-150 is potentially viable, but considerable investment would be required to pick up defense without sacrificing too much DPS and I wasn't concerned with this.
- Similarly, new end-game content potentially viable as well (Flawless Breachstone, Wave 30 sim etc.) if you invest enough. Wasn't bothered to re-jig my gear for this content so can't confirm.

IMO you can easily get to 15-20m bossing DPS (150-200k average hit) on a 5-10ex budget depending how savvy you are with itemisation.

In the end, I took this build to about 80m bossing DPS (almost 1mil average hit), but this was after further refinements to the build and min-maxing it a fair bit.

Disclaimer: My current build is an expensive version, and it looks quite different to the 5-10ex budget build (which is also end-game viable) mentioned above - if anyone is interested in the budget version, I can mock it up again and share what it would look like in POB.
Last edited by mtotheroo on Nov 25, 2021, 6:25:12 PM
A little late to the game, but looking to revive my old build of this. mtotheroo, I would be interested in seeing your POB, please!
I'm interested too in your PoB.
I made some fast conversions of my 3.15 interaction of that build. Have tested it on T16 maps.
You can skip using thread of hope in Witch area. Also maybe more spell suppression, life and flask nods are needed

https://pastebin.com/ebyR5MeV
Last edited by MadMaxGrind on Feb 11, 2022, 4:56:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info