[3.11] Shattering Steel Gladiator - tanky & solid mapper - crazy boss dps - all content

Hi, currently following the build and quite like it; but I've changed it a bit to sword and shield. It make me feel safer with less DPS.

There are lots of room to improve though, what do you think? current budget is less than 2ex but it can get to t16 map with some dangerous mods.
Can you give me some idea to improve it? thanks
"
klbterminator wrote:
Hi, currently following the build and quite like it; but I've changed it a bit to sword and shield. It make me feel safer with less DPS.

There are lots of room to improve though, what do you think? current budget is less than 2ex but it can get to t16 map with some dangerous mods.
Can you give me some idea to improve it? thanks

Hi,

checked your build and not sure about the shield. I don't think it is worth.

You lose a lot of dps and the defence gain is minimal. It is just some Life gain on Block as the build is block capped as dual wield, too.

But i'm interested to see if it works out in the end.

Is the Malicious intent just a corrupted blood placeholder ? as it does nothing for dps / life.

next steps would be a 6 link i guess.
get a diamond flask.
improve gem levels + quality

tree looks fine.

so i guess it's just more playing and leveling for the start.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Thanks for advices,

Well, I start it as it was safer for super budget (as good paradoxica was expensive at the time of build :D)

Yes, Malicious intent was for corrupted blood only, will have to update it.

The trigger skill setup is mostly to gain rage when fight boss. Clearing map is kinda fast as well.

Edit: I did some upscale test for the build on PoB, the DPS can only reach up to 65% of your PoB with ~20k armour

Last edited by klbterminator on Aug 5, 2020, 11:14:00 AM
Hello Friend.

Thank you for this magnificently looking build. I was planning to play this in the Heist League, cause the damage looked like my last build + it adds block. I was hoping there will be no changes to the Steel gem. Instead, we got a full revamp. Are you planning to do some adjustments later, to fit in 3.12?

Thanks,
Horxy / Peter
Really excited about the rework.

Shattering Steel is good in it's current state, but i think GGG did a good job with skill reworks recently.

I need more details about the mechanics and the skills, but i will for sure rework this guide.

I'm thinking about league starting one of the new skills, but we need more details about the gems.

"
PeteR4 wrote:
Hello Friend.

Thank you for this magnificently looking build. I was planning to play this in the Heist League, cause the damage looked like my last build + it adds block. I was hoping there will be no changes to the Steel gem. Instead, we got a full revamp. Are you planning to do some adjustments later, to fit in 3.12?

Thanks,
Horxy / Peter
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
It is a nerf now with new gem ?
I somehow like the new gem, but i'm afraid that you have to press the Steel Call button to often, that's what killed warcry for me last season.

With Charges the Single Target Damage should be a bit less then currently with good positioning and a lot of projectiles. But the clear and QoL for clearing is improved. You are not that much depended on positioning instead charge management is key.

Without charges it's shit. Also the Block part is something they could have just left out.

"
moncompte86 wrote:
It is a nerf now with new gem ?
Guides:
"
The skill now has four additional projectiles (from two) and projectile distance is now more reliably modified by projectile speed.

Edit: Gem info is here and (of course) Pinpoint doesn't apply so there's nothing there. Looks like Shattering Steel was already nerfed from the announcement to the 20/20 gem reveal. You now only get 3 base projectiles whereas in the initial announcement you got 5.

I'm guessing the information in the initial announcement for the skill was completely bogus but if reductions to AoE and projectile speed BOTH now affect the projectile distance you could get some pretty sick single target out of this skill.

Possible links for a Point Blank overlapping explosion Shattering Steel single target build:

Shattering Steel
Concentrated Effect (cone damage and smaller projectile radius/cone AoE)
Slower Projectiles (smaller projectile radius to juice Point Blank and new Shattering Steel bonus)
GMP (4 more projectiles = up to 4 more cone AoE hits)
Vicious Projectiles (big damage)
Impale (big damage)
Brutality (big damage)

Hard to choose what to cut out. Either way if you have 2 Grelwood Shank, Dying Sun, GMP, and 12 steel charges and you can get the AoEs to overlap and you've been hit recently you could do up to 14x6 nicely scaled hits in under 2 seconds.

Yeah all the cones aren't going to hit but it's worth testing once the league starts. Alt quality gems that reduce AoE/projectile speed would be good as well. Once league starts you'd have to test for the optimal number of projectiles to see what the maximum overlap ends up being. A forking wormblaster might be another option for bosses.

The skill could either be completely insanely busted or complete crap. It will be interesting to see which it is.
Last edited by DiabloImmoral on Sep 16, 2020, 10:49:48 PM
I played a lancing steel champion as a league starter in delirium and will try your gladiator shattering steel variation in ssf hc this league. Looking forward for your updates.
So what’s actually changed with the new gem?? I’ve not played shattering before il just wondering which bit is actually different, is there still shotgun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info