[3.10] - Blade Blast Glad - LL tank with 7.5k ES, Aegis Aurora, 120+ k armour, 2M DPS - All content

Thanks for the reply and this leveling guide. I added it to the initial post (and gave you credits), I still have to find more time to detail my own strategy :). If you don't want it to be added, tell me and I ll remove it.
hey there.

Nice build. Made it yeasterday, took like 11 ex, but I already had 6-link shavrone.
Since my gear is not too optimise, I have only 5k+ ES, but it's enough to clear T16 maps. The only problem is degen and lack of solo DPS (got few omniphobia on maps and i just had no enough time to kill him, though he couldn't pass through my defence :)). I do want to believe that awakened spell cascade will add me some DPS.
Anyway, is it any possibility to add solo dps gem, like it could be done with arc/BL in some builds?
"
Nyov wrote:
hey there.
Anyway, is it any possibility to add solo dps gem, like it could be done with arc/BL in some builds?

A setup with spell totem + bladefall should help by having a lot of blades for Blade Blast explosions, but I have not tested it.

Since my last tests with minotaur, I managed to increase DPS a little. I replaced my amulet with one giving +2 lvl to Blade Blast and Bladefall (still need more exalts to craft it ...) and have now 3 frenzy charges with Disciple of the slaugher and crafts on rings.

I'm now at 2M boss DPS with flasks, that can still be improved with bottled faith, crit cindershallow urn and boots with tailwind.
Last edited by Tartos on Apr 28, 2020, 3:37:06 PM
"
Tartos wrote:

A setup with spell totem + bladefall should help by having a lot of blades for Blade Blast explosions, but I have not tested it.

What gem you want to change for totems?
Either precision + portal, or you could swap Kaoms roots for rare ES boots and socket totem inside with spell cascade and multiple totems. If you can afford it, hunter boots with tailwind and craft cannot be frozen.
"
Tartos wrote:
Either precision + portal, or you could swap Kaoms roots for rare ES boots and socket totem inside with spell cascade and multiple totems. If you can afford it, hunter boots with tailwind and craft cannot be frozen.

Today I bought tailwind boots and right now i have cwdt + ice golem + vaal molten shell + tempest shield in there. will try adding totems there.
Have u try VD , does it deal more damage ?, or any skil u think viable for this mechanic ?!
I don't think VD will do more damage because it's not a physical spell. With Blade Blast, violent retaliation can easily double your damage when you're blocking lots of hits.
Alright, I've spent enough time with the build so far. Thanks for that guide; the build definitely has potential. Can't think of a tankier build I've played with; I'm sitting at 130k armor, 78% max res and 6,5k ES. It can facetank most bosses, and can bounce back from degen/bleeding (which is what kills it) easily. Juicy red maps are not a problem - and I've finished wave 20 simulacrum maps many times. I farm Uber lab with all keys easily. It's a lot of fun :D

Here is my setup so far (not minmaxed, but better than the basics):

And the potions:

Some notes:
1. This build is very defensive, so after setting up the three cluster groups you don't need to invest to defensive gear. +damage gear is better, as endgame dps is kind of lacking (see below).
2. Following the path of kinrainy with soul of steel will also give you immunity to stun and 78% max res, as well as opening up the boot slots for a 4-gem setup.
3. The totem setup I tried died too much imho - I've switched to 2 movement skills instead.
4. Investment should go in increasing dps at late game. The best way is the awakened spell cascade (duh). Minmaxing gear is not as efficient, as the unique items work well. For instance, a 4-5ex crystal belt will only give MARGINALLY (30-50ES) better results than a good-rolled Bated Breath.
5. I feel the only point that's lacking is end-game boss dps. I've met Kosis at lvl.20 simulacrum twice - the first time was doable and I've KO'd him. However, during the second battle it was impossible to break his huge ES pool, which he refreshes every now and then. He couldn't kill me either. So we spent like 20 minutes fighting in vain. ^^ Perhaps we could experiment with a boss build gem setup, like replacing (awakened) aoe with concentrated effect in the shavronne's for bosses??
Some other questions that came up while playing with this build?
- Isn't a good-rolled crown of the inward eye better than the
Martyr's Crown? Some tests have given me 100-200+ ES. Moreover, transfiguration of Soul could offset the loss of Pain Attunement (if we have stacked more than 100+% increased ES.

- Perhaps the build would be also feasible in an elemental/lightning version if we changed the +%phys large cluster jewels with e.g. lightning ones? If yes, which skill would you recommend to try, instead of bladefall/blast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info