[3.11] [SSF] Cremation Assassin - fun, niche skill, all content viable

So I've gotten this build up to lvl 65, but I've been having an issue for a while that there are too many mana-reserve skills going on that I can't have them all active. I'm using the exact setup of skills from your leveling tree on Path of Building.

What am I missing?
"
Popolac225 wrote:
So I've gotten this build up to lvl 65, but I've been having an issue for a while that there are too many mana-reserve skills going on that I can't have them all active. I'm using the exact setup of skills from your leveling tree on Path of Building.

What am I missing?

Mana reservation in my skill setup leaves quite a bit of unreserved mana - 35% for skitterbots, 25% for herald of ash, and a bit for Clarity - should be no more than 80-85% mana reserved. So you might have one of two issues:

either you've linked one of the auras to some support gem, which in turn increased its mana reservation,

or you leveled up your Clarity too high, which with low mana pool ate up all your mana. In this case just leave Clarity gem at a lower level, so you still have mana to work with.
Ah, I bet it's my Aura gem levels.

I shouldn't have any wonky support gems attached, but I'll check that out as well.

I'm having fun with the build! So, Thank You!
Why Farrul's Bite as the helmet for the build? With the other 3 mana reservation skills, I'm finding that it's entirely impossible to run the cat aspect without using an essence worm or otherwise massively reducing the reservation. With most of the explicits tied to the skill, I don't feel like I can get much use out of it.
"
applevac1998 wrote:
Why Farrul's Bite as the helmet for the build? With the other 3 mana reservation skills, I'm finding that it's entirely impossible to run the cat aspect without using an essence worm or otherwise massively reducing the reservation. With most of the explicits tied to the skill, I don't feel like I can get much use out of it.

You absolutely don't have to use Farrul's Bite, I used it because this was the best helmet available to me in my SSF run. A simple rare will do just fine, a well-rolled one might even be better than Farrul's.
Last edited by 100purified on Jul 1, 2020, 4:19:23 AM
Why Assassin and how does Assassin compare to Necro?
"
Why Assassin and how does Assassin compare to Necro?

Assassin gives us free crit, free power charges, a lot of movement speed and dodge. Also the "You take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes while Elusive" from Mistwalker is super underappreciated - it really does wonders for our defense in red tier maps.

I haven't played Cremation Necro, so I can't really compare. Should be pretty similar tbh, but Necro will be way less speedy.
Last edited by 100purified on Aug 17, 2020, 5:08:44 AM
Just a question regarding the cremation gem link. Doesn't the controlled destruction (Supported Skills have 100% reduced critical strike chance) eliminate criticals from happening?

How does this work with this build being a crit build?
"
tomja wrote:
Just a question regarding the cremation gem link. Doesn't the controlled destruction (Supported Skills have 100% reduced critical strike chance) eliminate criticals from happening?

How does this work with this build being a crit build?

"Increased/reduced" is additive and "more/less" is a multiplicative multiplier. Which means that Controlled Destruction only substracts 100% from our additive crit, which doesn't hurt us, since we have a massive crit chance already.
If the gem said "100% less critical strike chance" only then it would reduce our crit to 0%.
To put it simpler:
we have about 700% increased critical chance. What Controlled destruction (additive multiplier) does is:
700% - 100% = 600% increased

If it said LESS (multiplicative multiplier) critical chance it would be:
Crit chance * 1.00 * 0.00 = 0% where the "1.00" is base multiplier, and the "0.00" means 1.00 - 1.00 = 100% less.

I tried to explain it as well as I can, but I don't think I did a good job.
Basically, no, Controlled Deestruction does not eliminate critical hits entirely.
Last edited by 100purified on Aug 27, 2020, 6:01:58 AM
Thanks for the answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info