Largemidget's Leap Slam Buff Thief - UPDATED with Teaser video of new spec (BIG deeps)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEswUtDH0OrRB_EuEUIBRNFm8Y2xkuGYUaOBpVHRQhAiFVIWAkqiftKLUpLimlKvYyCTKJNug26TkOPfxAoEOcR35QR1BQVElVtVXGV-JYY1ivWfNfP2BLYIhhIWFSZKNlTWaebmlwu3KpdO108Xbnd-V673uMfLh82YM4hNmHaozPj0aQVZBsnrmezZ_LogCi6qcIpzCnhKloqZSsqriTud2-p8Aaxp7G2MqQz2XQ0NSP3D3jaudS6hjsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI9tr60g==

New link as build has been slightly changed.
UPDATE

I'm now using leap slam and cyclone together. I think it's the perfect match of raw dps and movement.

Here's a taster video of a map to show the dps capabilities - WITHOUT shock stacks. I picked a boss you all will probably be familiar with as having more hp/armor than usual to demonstrate (from 67 arsenal map)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93zWiPdlsc&feature=youtu.be

I will be redoing the guide when i have time and including how to make the spec work with average gear.

(I will leave the original spec as it is and make new thread soon)
Since you have good chaos res, why dont you use blood rage?

I use it with around 0% chaos res and it makes my leap slam hit fast enough to keep mobs close to perma-stunned.

I guess in your case, since you took the inner force passives you'll lose more life than your passive regen?

EDIT:

I also noticed you took the Marauder starting armor nodes 3 points; which add up to 43% and 2% move speed.

You can instead go for the 3 nodes by duelist tree which add up to 52%

Like this
Spoiler

The 9% exta armor you gain instead of the 2% move speed is worth it, in my opinion...

Also i see you're going cyclone so moving less = more attacks dealt to a single mob.

You always have leap slam for movement anyways, plus you can get leather and steel to get a nice 32% buff and gain alot of move speed...

You could also get the Marauder starting 15% armor node and get leather and steel in the duelist tree for a total of 47% armor and gain alot more move speed than just the 2% you currently have...

like this
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
Last edited by Passionlz on Apr 8, 2013, 12:36:17 PM
Blood rage is definitely something most people will want to consider yeah. I don't use it myself because my gem setup on a 6 link with blood magic makes cyclone cost 212 life per cast so having the loss of life with blood rage on top is quite alot. I could counter this by using life leech or life on hit gem. It then becomes a choice between the extra dps support gem or blood rage. Added fire damage gives me a bit more dps than the 3 frenzy stacks without losing the hp each second, so easy choice for me.

I could get blood rage working without the life leech gem and yes my cyclone would be insane, but tbh I feel like my dps is already good enough and id rather not risk dying to blood rage combined with a desync for example.

Regarding the armor you are completely right there, I actually swapped out to the armor nodes by duelist a few days ago, when a bug gave me a complete respec lol.
I see, do you actually have degen with blood magic on? i don't have inner force and i have both the 1% regen nodes by duelist and templar and with some chaos res i outregen blood rage so that's why i use it... Oh and i have a ring which has 2% mana leech so I'm mana based instead...

With the new support multistrike, I'm thinking of either dropping faster attacks or blood rage and just using life on hit/leech instead... still need to play around with the gems setups to see what i like better...

Another thing I'm thinking of doing is making a similair 2H pure flicker strike build, the beauty behind flicker strike is that you dont need to invest so many points into attack speed like you have to do with leap slam. So you can instead invest those points into damage/survivability...

I also heard that the next patch GGG will release is going to buff the melee passive tree area (not sure what areas exactly) so hopefully that means more free respecs!
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
Last edited by Passionlz on Apr 8, 2013, 3:22:45 PM
Hey guys, I've used this guide along with a mix of a few others to create my aura/leapslam marauder. I'm \level 74 with this passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGYUaOBpVG_odFCECIVUhYCSqJd8n7SmlKvYx-zIJMok26DbpOQ5AoEOcR35QR1BQVElVtVXGV-JYY1nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaebmlyqXTtdPF35Xrve4x82YTZhO-HaozPj0aQVZBsnrmezaIApBmnCKcwp4SpaKmUrKq4k7ndvqfAD8AawQTG2M9l0NDSTdSP3D3jaudS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS

I opted out of getting unwavering stance for more armor/life/and to get to inner focus faster. Another thing is that i'm not focusing too much on dps as I've been playing with a summoner friend since level one and we have been 2manning everything. He does the dps with 4 spectres and 3 curses(EW,TC, and Enfeeble) while I tank with 6 auras (purity, anger,wrath,determination/haste, hatred, grace). He also runs clarity and vitality. What's the big deal about unwavering stance? I honestly dont think its worth all the points towards it. And are there any changes you guys would do to my tree? My single target skill is glacial hammer+weapon ele+added fire. After I get innerforce i'm going to get the 10% reduced reserve mana nodes.
IGN: maraduh/dbeeez
What bandit rewards did u take and/or which do u recommend for your build? just curious, i know there's a neverending debate on this.
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
I took hp/skill point/endurance charge.

any update for 1.2?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info