The real poet - Poet's pen Indigon build - Insane DPS, clear and defenses - A must see

NOTE: This is not expensive for about 3M DPS, my gear is more expensive but I get to over 10M shaper DPS on a nova.

• Fair WARNING: This build is almost an only right-click all the way build, so it will make you worse with other builds.
  • This build got good clear speed, insane defenses and can do all content EZ as long as you know the boss mechanics (for the harder bosses)

Videos
Pros and Cons
[+] High DPS
[+] Very good Defenses
[+] Good clear Speed
[+] Fun and easy to Play
[-] Build is not cheap for very high DPS
[-] Can't do elemental reflect maps and almost useless on no mana regen maps
[-] It will take away all your game skills
[-] Capping resists with good jewels can be hard, so you may need to loose some life or damage at the start

Build Mechanics
This is a mana and mana regen build, we need as much mana regen on gear and tree as we can, also, this build do not need any increased damage from anywhere as we are using
With this item, we get 2000% increased damage, more than most builds.

We are using two
They can be regular not corrupted, and it's the build maker here. With this item, all you need to do is attack with your Frenzy attack, and point where ever you want to go.

You use spellslinger + Lightning warp + Swift Affliction + second wind as a 4L:

The corpse consumption on the Poet's pens will make your attack speed so higher and higher with the Necromancer's ascendancy power of Corpse pact as we keep on don't it without stopping as we don't need to. We move as we attack.

Also, we are using This Jewel:

With it, our life regen is good for walking traps in the lab or using RF (or both :D ).

Also, we are making sure we always have this flask working:

With the Indigon, it gives us tons of life and mana recovery per sec.

This build can max Acrobatics and have very high spell acrobatics, we need to make sure that we have 5K maximum mana and use this:

My gear + Explanations

NOTE: My gear is very high level, Use your creativity to make up for this with lower-level gear if I didn't give more options.

Quick Text:
  • Indigon
  • Two Poet's Pen
  • Two Circle of Anguish rings
  • Cloak of defiance
  • Atziri's foible
  • Rare gloves with Life, mana some resists and blind if possible
  • Rare belt with mana recovery, life, mana, and some res or cooldown recovery
  • Omeyoccan

Gear Explained

This is our power and flask defense source, you must have one for this build to work. Enchant of lightning warp will make you so much faster
-

Any Poet's pen will work, just make sure you got the same attack speed, or your casts will break.

-

Herald of ash rings with buff effect and mana reservation (with 20% quality for more free mana). If you can get fire leech it will help, but not a must. Any good imlisits will be ok.

-

A must chest for this build, got all that we want. We need it 6L to make our mana spent to go faster, but it can work also on a 5L, just not as good.

-

Best in slot, get the best roll you can, take that passive skill (you will need golden oil) and make it 20% quality.

-

This is also the best in slot, and you must get that enchant!

-

Get life, mana and mana recovery rate as a must, the rest is a bonus.

-

Get life and mana on this one, and try to balance your resists, If not, just cup them and make sure fire resist is the highest.
Flasks

You can have an immune to freeze flask if you can't buy the Cinderswallow urn
Jewels

Not too cheap, but use your imagination and budget to make sure you get the best of it.
Gem Links

6L: Frenzy + GMP + Chain + LGoH + Culling strike + Combustion

4L: Lightning warp + spellslinger + Swift affliction + Second wind

• Second wind will not take you any more mana reservation, it's a free link

4L: CWDT (1) + Wave of conviction (1) + Enfeeble (5) + Clarity

4L: Blood rage + Arcane surge + Vall RF + Herald of Ash

3L: Desecrate + Spell cascade + Arcane cloak

3L: VD + Spell cascade + Conc effect

Bandits

MUST: Eramir/Kill All (+2 Passives)
Pantheons

Must Major: Soul of Lunaris
Recommended Minor: Soul of Shakeri
Path of Building Paste Bin
https://pastebin.com/GHjd1ukt - DPS is before culling strike and per hit (each cast is 9 hits, we got 3-4 casts per sec). In the PoB, I added 15% shock and the mana and damage that the PoB can't handle.
Final Thoughts and Considerations

This build is fun and relaxing, with all the rippy things in this league. I killed Uber Elder so easy, 100% Deliriumed maps are still a pain, as we lose a lot of mana recovery that is lowering our regen and damage. I get about 15-20 splinters per map and kill boss most of the times (depend on the layout)

NOTE TO ALL:

I didn't do a build guide for some time, so I'm sorry for my English

T H A N K Y O U F O R R E A D I N G

IGN: Virus_broken_heart
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Mar 31, 2020, 12:53:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2020, 7:12:05 PM
Hey,thank you for the build but one question, how did you manage to hit 5k mana?

In a bid to match what you built I have practically identical gear and tree as you but i am not even breaking the 1k mana barrier?
"
Salahuddin wrote:
Hey,thank you for the build but one question, how did you manage to hit 5k mana?

In a bid to match what you built I have practically identical gear and tree as you but i am not even breaking the 1k mana barrier?

With that tree and just the unique gear it should be a few times more, please post your PoB so I can see what went wrong
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Salahuddin wrote:

With that tree and just the unique gear it should be a few times more, please post your PoB so I can see what went wrong

Hey thanks for your help. I think it could be a bug?

This is my POB

https://pastebin.com/eH4v7Lut

Even the POB suggests i should have 5k mana...

***EDIT***

Just want to point out this build works very well. I had an issue with the wrong militant faith jewel removing 4k mana :)

Thank you OP, you was very helpful in fixing my char. I'm loving my version of the build. Take care.
Last edited by Salahuddin on Mar 31, 2020, 7:54:38 AM
"
Salahuddin wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Salahuddin wrote:

Hey thanks for your help. I think it could be a bug?

This is my POB

https://pastebin.com/eH4v7Lut

Even the POB suggests i should have 5k mana...

Never seen anything like this.... maybe support can suggest an answer?
Added curse on hit ring, for the people that are really rich:

I may try this build later in the league. Currently running a mostly standard spellslinger VD but this looks fun.

Before the Poet's Pen nerfs I played a PP Arc/Warp build that was also a ton of fun. One thing that build did that you might try for quality of life is moving warp to a poet's pen, and desecrate or VD to a different link. Then, have a second set of pens on weapon swap with a single target damage skill instead of warp. That way you can swap to it if you ever want to attack without moving, and also for single target damage.

So it was like Arc/Warp on the main pens and Arc/Ball lightning on the swap. You could try like VD/Warp and VD/Detonate dead or something.

I am not sure if this would work with VD and desecrate dead having different cooldowns... would just have to try and see. In my experience though it is a big quality of life improvement to be able to swap and turn off the warping when you need to.
Last edited by mudcat on Apr 1, 2020, 1:27:26 PM
"
mudcat wrote:
I may try this build later in the league. Currently running a mostly standard spellslinger VD but this looks fun.

Before the Poet's Pen nerfs I played a PP Arc/Warp build that was also a ton of fun. One thing that build did that you might try for quality of life is moving warp to a poet's pen, and desecrate or VD to a different link. Then, have a second set of pens on weapon swap with a single target damage skill instead of warp. That way you can swap to it if you ever want to attack without moving, and also for single target damage.

So it was like Arc/Warp on the main pens and Arc/Ball lightning on the swap. You could try like VD/Warp and VD/Detonate dead or something.

I am not sure if this would work with VD and desecrate dead having different cooldowns... would just have to try and see. In my experience though it is a big quality of life improvement to be able to swap and turn off the warping when you need to.

Hey, thanks for the comment, you need to consume corpses in order to have high attack speed, that will allow you to trigger 3.5 times per sec for each wand. I think that it's very easy to turn off the spellslinger, and that is what I do when I want to standstill.

Hope you try it and tell me what you think.
Hi, I am fresh in this game. And I read this BD paper.
When I use this BD. I found I can't control the motivation cuz I use lightning transport.
So...If I take it off. what will happen? What's the instead skill? Could U tell me?
I am not an English-speak country. So, plz forgive it(LOL)

What mod I should look first on watcher's eye ? Mana recovery rate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info