[3.10] Dance with Death Cyclone + Varunastra Assassin | Tanky, Fast, high DPS | All Content!

"
rahsaan wrote:

My idea was to use Cyclone with Shockwave support, then put gem supports that fit both Cyclone and the Shockwave : Pulverise, Inc AoE/Energy Leech, Ice Bite, Close Combat.
And then I put off the flashy MTX I could, and made a short video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7fSkXx4sI

Was fun to play, and there must be several ways to improve.

If you are doing mostly physical damage, I'd go with Melee Phys and even Brutality (but then you can't use Unholymight). Ice bite, Energy leech are sub par in damage. Close Combat is a bit situational as well. I like the idea with Showckwave, but because Shockwave has a set CD and scales with base damage not attack speed, hart-hitting two-handed weapons with huge base damage is better. Melee skills that also hit hard and hit slow (Sweep, Earthquake, tectonic slam etc) are usually better used with ShockWave.
Haven't played much, but Shockwave seems good for farming and Ice Bite gives frenzy charges +freeze.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 3, 2020, 1:22:11 PM
Hi first off all great build you have here :D
Im following your guide, and comparing my dps to yours i just deal half of your damage and I dont see where. Can you help me here? Thanks a lot for your work
"
Icripz wrote:
Im following your guide, and comparing my dps to yours i just deal half of your damage and I dont see where. Can you help me here? Thanks a lot for your work

Hi thanks. I don't have your pob but here are a few things for you to check:

1. Check your crit as Lucky
2. Make sure you are in blood dance (for bossing)
3. Make sure your weapons have good DPS rolls.
"
wodeljn wrote:
"
Icripz wrote:

Hi thanks. I don't have your pob but here are a few things for you to check:

1. Check your crit as Lucky
2. Make sure you are in blood dance (for bossing)
3. Make sure your weapons have good DPS rolls.

This is my PoB link https://pastebin.com/3t4TsH7B. I think for some reason PoB isnt reading the points from thread of hope. I take a good time to kill some bosses and couldnt manage to reach wave 20. I lack some mechanics I used to play with "mage" builds so im still learning the melee thing. I have 10exalteds to do it better if you can help me once again.thanks in advice.

Edit: this is my PoB link https://pastebin.com/L3TNzQ3b after adding thread of hope and the other jewel like you have on your PoB
Last edited by Icripz on Apr 6, 2020, 10:06:25 PM
gonna do this, rerolled my miner

but im using headhunter as belt
If PoB calculates this accurately Pulverize gives way more dps than Impale support. Even Faster Attacks support is better.
"
If PoB calculates this accurately Pulverize gives way more dps than Impale support. Even Faster Attacks support is better.

POB doesn't calculate Impale properly. If you are interested in the math check out reddit posts. Overall in this build it gives much more DPS than another support gem :)
Thank you for the build, I finally reach the end game build you were talking about, it is cheap (3.5 ex within count 2.5 ex for 6L belly) and I did a lot of contents.

However now i have more sources (10 ex) and I can farm some end game contents, I would like to make it better. So I am wondering how this build works with a shield ?

Because we are already having tons of damage (for a cheap build), so I would like to take some more tankiness , especially against physical damage like vs Syrus. Like we don't take acrobatics and other offensive nodes instead. Since Varunastra would work with every type of bonus, it is easy to find some other nodes.

Also I modify some nodes in this character to profit the advantage of the bonus passives near Dance with death, you can check my passives trees and I would be interested in if you agree with my modification.

I resume: does taking a shield work with Varunastra and Dance with death ?

Best,
Lv91 Assassin
"
OdeonBlueBuff wrote:
Thank you for the build, I finally reach the end game build you were talking about, it is cheap (3.5 ex within count 2.5 ex for 6L belly) and I did a lot of contents.

However now i have more sources (10 ex) and I can farm some end game contents, I would like to make it better. So I am wondering how this build works with a shield ?

Because we are already having tons of damage (for a cheap build), so I would like to take some more tankiness , especially against physical damage like vs Syrus. Like we don't take acrobatics and other offensive nodes instead. Since Varunastra would work with every type of bonus, it is easy to find some other nodes.

Also I modify some nodes in this character to profit the advantage of the bonus passives near Dance with death, you can check my passives trees and I would be interested in if you agree with my modification.

I resume: does taking a shield work with Varunastra and Dance with death ?

Best,
Lv91 Assassin

So shield will work with Varunastra but it is a lot less DPS as dual wielding gives 15% MORE attack speed. Acrobatics is almost a must since we ain't blocking, even with a shield. A good damage upgrade would be a well-rolled
Ryslatha's Coil which gives more average damage and also increase the damage range, which would work with lucky crit damage very well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info