Def tank build in delirium

"
kenybalboa2 wrote:

-es 4k5

"
kenybalboa2 wrote:

3k hp + mana

Try aiming for twice those values with the mitigations mentioned and your problems should be solved. Even with lot's of mitigation, you still need a big enough buffer to stomach big hits. And avoidance generally doesn't help with oneshots at all. It makes them happen less often but it won't prevent them.

/edit i just checked your lvl 77 Assassin in Delirium, i assume that's the char you are talking about. I really recommend you to look for a build guide and follow that, ideally take some sort of beginner guide as you seem to lack basics about char building. Your resists aren't capped, you run unique only gear, you have all 3 guard skills (who share a cooldown so there is no point using all 3) your HP is horribly low at 4k and you have basically no physical mitigation (900 armor equates to 0% reduction in higher tier maps).

It's absolutely no wonder you are dying all the time and if GGG adjusted the game so you would survive with that char it would mean anyone using even a decently build glass cannon would be immortal.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 3, 2020, 5:56:28 AM
"
kenybalboa2 wrote:
Ok i change assasin class and now have for def/evade/shield/armor:

-Elusive(pasive skills)
-discipline
-Grace for Evasion
-Starkonja's Head
-all res 75+
-chaos res 59
-the wise oak
-cwdt + molten shell
-es 4k5
-dead banner
-fortify support
-jade flask of iron skin
-avanger stibnite flask of draining

And on t4 maps im dead 1-2x on map run.

So what is bad? ANY BUG?

I have all def what i have can get and no work live...

Mobs is dead in 1 sec but still im dead too.

No playable.

if i use alot items for def , why im still dead?

Ah i have one idea : defend skills in game no work

Please repair it and one tip : next season League i can pay some points for access to new League for game support.

Are we talking about your assassin? Because that is NOT a tanky build. You've got a lot of fundamental problems with it and your passive tree doesn't make a lot of sense to me. A few of the basics that jumped out at me:

1 - DO NOT put your guard skill in a CWDT setup. Self-casting defensive buffs to get extra protection when you need it is the way to do things, not least because it lets you run a level 20 version of Molten Shell

2 - Why in the world are you wearing 2 Ming's rings? Each of those lowers your max life/shield, kinda by a lot. Even one is probably a mistake, two is just a meme.

3 - You're using Pain Attunement and Soul Reaver, but you've got almost no Energy Shield nodes in your tree. You can't possibly have even half as much ES as you should
I disagree with ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate or Baharoth15 because :

- if here defend skill , I suppose that colddowns isnt share a cooldown if havent in description spell/skill

- why is aura grace if no work or sporadically work

- 2x Ming's rings for good chaos res vs low live/shield suspend - i (remove dmg and add protect)

- cap on res is on use potion + reduct dmg

- same situation is on last league - i have near 20k eshield all cap and few hit from mobs and im dead so if have 12k life and 12k mana , situation si same but on high maps...

- i can replease aura on def aura , but magic dmg how protect?

- existing defend bufs work if insufficient or unusable

I not want from CCC team complet remake skills , but if i use alot of defend skills and still alot of dead , so game is then unlucky for me.

So here is one true and that, i have not good pc machine and with big fight i have lags. BUT if i use all def and still die so no like it.

OK - IF SOMEONE KNOW BUILD WHERE I CAN LIVE WITH LAGS, GIVE ME LINK I TEST IT.

ALOT of ppl in this forum complain about defend!I'm not alone with this problem.

I can remove char damage, but need add work defend.
Last edited by kenybalboa2 on Apr 3, 2020, 9:24:15 AM
"
zzang wrote:
You are not using Vaal Molten Shell?

This comes from GGG: Then you are doing it wrong

Stfu dude, or GGG will nerf that next league
"
dmt209a wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
You are not using Vaal Molten Shell?

This comes from GGG: Then you are doing it wrong

Stfu dude, or GGG will nerf that next league

I have no problem when broken overpowered bullshit is fixed. But yeah im using it on my Raider as well. Who dont want to have 25.6k extra HP for 20 seconds?
"
kenybalboa2 wrote:
I disagree with ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate or Baharoth15 because :

- if here defend skill , I suppose that colddowns isnt share a cooldown if havent in description spell/skill

- why is aura grace if no work or sporadically work

- 2x Ming's rings for good chaos res vs low live/shield suspend - i (remove dmg and add protect)

- cap on res is on use potion + reduct dmg

- same situation is on last league - i have near 20k eshield all cap and few hit from mobs and im dead so if have 12k life and 12k mana , situation si same but on high maps...

- i can replease aura on def aura , but magic dmg how protect?

- existing defend bufs work if insufficient or unusable

I not want from CCC team complet remake skills , but if i use alot of defend skills and still alot of dead , so game is then unlucky for me.

So here is one true and that, i have not good pc machine and with big fight i have lags. BUT if i use all def and still die so no like it.

OK - IF SOMEONE KNOW BUILD WHERE I CAN LIVE WITH LAGS, GIVE ME LINK I TEST IT.

ALOT of ppl in this forum complain about defend!I'm not alone with this problem.

I can remove char damage, but need add work defend.

Well, that's what we're trying to tell you: you don't actually have much defenses. And you can disagree all you want, but this isn't something subjective or open to interpretation: your build is not tanky. Using 100% of "not nearly enough defenses" is still "not nearly enough defenses."

And the idea that a lot of people complain about defenses somehow meaning you have enough is pure nonsense. Tons of people complain about defenses who, just like you, do not seem to understand how to properly layer defenses in this game. It IS possible (and even likely) for more than one person to be wrong in the same way as each other, you know...
Ok divide people into 2 groups . One group as me , so cant play because still dead.

Two group as ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate , this group run away all the time before mobs because one hit kill or mob must die first.And this play style in game is name good tanky build.

I test add defend aura in my char but now i know , that do some more do def but
insufficient.

edit: phantas magoria map t4 gold - with def aura determimation 17 lvl result : 2x dead

Now i have near all def skill ingame and still same ...

Looking for combat log what kill me but cant find.

Mayby some spell or what kill me dont know

stats:

3k def
18k evasion
27%psy dmg reduction
62%change to evade attack
Last edited by kenybalboa2 on Apr 3, 2020, 2:12:29 PM
Say thanks to GGG for the late unnecessarily too wide nerfs. And streamers for abusing stuff. Now only o.oo1% of playes can enjoy PoE.

Seems like working as intended.

Here is good text same problem but leater endgame

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2816660

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info