GGPK Defragmenter

Ran it on fresh install, 3.93 mb
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Is the comment on the front page still valid about not using with Steam? Started to scan through the pages but couldn't see why this was.
"
khalekdariana wrote:
Is the comment on the front page still valid about not using with Steam? Started to scan through the pages but couldn't see why this was.

Yes it's still valid, as steam (still) expects a 1:1 copy with what it has on record. If you internally defrag the file the layout will (obviously) change and steam won't be able to correctly patch the game anymore, which will lead to a (re)download of the content.ggpk, which of course will be the unoptimized steam version again.
Have you invented anything for Steam users? And then the game has been standing for several years, and it will be interesting, skulko will remove garbage.
█▀▀█ ░▀░ █▀▀█ ░ █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀▄ █▀▀█ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█
█▄▄▀ ▀█▀ █░░█ ▄ █░░█ █░░█ █▀▀ ▄ █░▀█ █▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ █░░█ █▄▄█ ▄ █▄▄▀ █░░█
▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ █▀▀▀ █ █▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░▀ █ ▀░▀▀ ░▀▀▀
https://pathofexile-ru.gamepedia.com/UserProfile:Kordloperdlo
The script works fine for me on the Steam Version, is there a reason for us to not use it on the Steam version?
just saved 4GB, thanks y'all
Rip not being able to use this on the steam version ... ( decided to copy one to my desktop and play around with it and yeah)

Elapsed time: 28.29 minute(s)
File reduction: 5328.61 MB(s)
Successfully defragmented the GGPK.

But yeah can't use it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 5 whole gbs....

Prob a insane map load time too ..
Last edited by Themasterofw on Mar 4, 2019, 5:16:34 PM
4gb :D

Thank you.
Spoiler
"
Zoxc wrote:
I was bored and made a tool to defragment Path of Exile's GGPK files. I shaved 850 MB off my client by using this.

It's a console application which takes two arguments, the filename of the GGPK to copy and a filename for the defragmented output.

Download Windows executable - Source code

Support edit: Above exe download link has stopped working. Drakier has provided the original and a slightly modified download for the exe and source code (adds version number), as well as linux friendly code:

Usage Instructions:
Run it. If that fails, drag and drop the Content.ggpk from your Path of Exile folder on it.

Note for Steam Users: Don't use this.

Gj. Finally somebody made it!
"
PatrickJr wrote:
The script works fine for me on the Steam Version, is there a reason for us to not use it on the Steam version?

Logged in and graphics got foggy somehow, and

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info