GGPK Defragmenter

Thank you
▄█▀█▀█
Used this and then promptly got hacked from China. The program worked nicely but I can't help but associate the two. I would proceed with caution.
"
ecobard wrote:
Used this and then promptly got hacked from China. The program worked nicely but I can't help but associate the two. I would proceed with caution.

You can view the source if you would like to, but it's not the GGPK Defragmenter that got you hacked. Causation vs Correlation. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
File reduction: 3042.54 MB(s)

Thanks a lot! I will post an update about the loading times.

Update: my fresh startup time was cut down to a single minute. It used to be almost 5(!) minutes. The loading times between zones are also noticeably shorter.

I recommend everybody using a regular HDD to give it a try! It can only get better anyways :)
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Dec 27, 2013, 8:24:38 PM
@GGG i just want to remind you, why is this still not stickied on top ?!!

Best regards, Fary :)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
ermm.. why is something like this not built into poe ?
Why exactly should steam users not use this?
Last edited by ShaftamusPrime on Dec 31, 2013, 3:55:54 PM
"
Why exactly should steam users not use this?

Because Steam patching requires the files to be identical other than the patched content. It compares your file with theirs and binary patches the differences. Using this tool will make the files almost completely unmatched which will make Steam download and patch the whole thing again. The patched version from Steam is not fragmented in the same way the Classic client can be.
11 minutes
2770 MB reduction

Thanks for tool!

E: 1 minute loading time. don't know the previous but is noticeable faster.
This tool should have a more visible mention.

E2: and give OP a Kiwi or something xD
Last edited by Snookdog on Jan 9, 2014, 4:04:00 AM
~19 minutes for 2,2 GB of recovered space. Laptop machine.

Noticeably faster start-up (it had become unbearable, that's why I came across this).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info