[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

hi guys, what is better? hierothant or inquisitor?
Hi,

I'm using this build and wondering what the next steps should be for upgrading my gear. Should I go for Pledge or Cloak first?

POB: https://pastebin.com/VDv66kG6

my biggest struggle right now is that my mana regen is way too weak, any other aspects where i can improve my survivability and damage output would be helpful.

Thank you. This is a really fun build.
Hi,

I was able to get my hand on a +1 curse Atziri's Foible. Should I now use sniper's Mark as my 2nd curse? I got conductivity on hit on my ring and I'm playing with the following gem setup:

- Head: Storm Brand - Culling Strike - Chain / Sigil of Power
- Chest: CWDT - Blade blast - Vaal cold snap - Phase run - Wave of Conv. / Clarity (for watchers eye)
- Gloves: AC - second wind - Arcanse surge - increased duration
- Boots: Flame dash - Arcane surge - Anomalous Precision - Faster casting

Could you give me an advise, how to integrate the second curse into my setup? Should I drop culling strike or sigil of power and apply it via Storm Brand + Hextouch?

Thank you for this build, it's been a blast so far! :-)
Is the pob updated for 3.12? Also can I use this as leveling too? Also in Pob it shows Sniper marks Dex requirement is hard to get
Last edited by Elloktrik on Oct 22, 2020, 7:49:02 AM
"
Elloktrik wrote:
Is the pob updated for 3.12? Also can I use this as leveling too? Also in Pob it shows Sniper marks Dex requirement is hard to get

This helps a little. But I am cutting it close. GMP and Slower Projectile is cutting it close at Lvl 18. I even took a dex node on the tree. Not sure how I'm going to resolve this yet. Helm or belt? Check out page 61 on this forum. Author put an updated PoB. Didn't check to see if it was the same as the one on page 1.
"
DannyNorth wrote:
"
Elloktrik wrote:

This helps a little. But I am cutting it close. GMP and Slower Projectile is cutting it close at Lvl 18. I even took a dex node on the tree. Not sure how I'm going to resolve this yet. Helm or belt? Check out page 61 on this forum. Author put an updated PoB. Didn't check to see if it was the same as the one on page 1.

Thanks. I also wanna ask if Awakaned Ele Focus aint better than Slower Projectile? Pob shows a lot more DPS for it but it might not be calculating slower projectile for ball lightning correctly. Is that the case?
"
Elloktrik wrote:
"
DannyNorth wrote:
"
Elloktrik wrote:

Thanks. I also wanna ask if Awakaned Ele Focus aint better than Slower Projectile? Pob shows a lot more DPS for it but it might not be calculating slower projectile for ball lightning correctly. Is that the case?

See that is where you I get lost. My problem is I play by feel. I would try both and see. I don't have a full grasp of how to exactly calculate my damage on PoB. I did see that he mentioned swapping Awake Lightning Pen for Awake Ele Focus for more damage if you can afford it. Just sold the house for Awake Hextouch, Awake Controlled Destruction, and unnatural Instinct. Need to get the Hextouch to Lvl 5 so I can get the additional curse. Working on my mana recovery belt first before I moved on to Awake Ele Focus. Hopefully they will check on this forum soon. I am really liking this build. I killed Sirus A8 and I was running Lvl 81 Heists this morning getting the challenges done and it felt good. The belt will help with survivability and just great QoL addition since they nerfed the Watcher's Eye.

About survival, where does it come from in this build? Seems low HP low armor low evasion so how do we survive?
Last edited by Elloktrik on Oct 22, 2020, 4:16:29 PM
"
Elloktrik wrote:

About survival, where does it come from in this build? Seems low HP low armor low evasion so how do we survive?

Mind over Matter and the Hiero ascendency allows 40% of damage taken from mana is a big part of it. With Archmage, building mana becomes your offence and defense.
In ur current PoB u are playing Inquisitor, is that still the intended ascendandy?
When can i start taking the Agnostic node ? (Is there a certain mana regen keypoint i shd reach?)
I currently somehow have 3k Energy shield i cant believe taking agnostic wd make me tankier
Is the MoM Chest still a good option, or shd we obt into the Rare one u are using in ur PoB?
And is Unnatural Instict necessary?
Last edited by AdmiralDoge on Oct 23, 2020, 6:50:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info