Season One, Race Event 82: 1 Hour Lethal Party

#4 Shadow

We were winning til coves runner gave tps to their party and farmed coves. Next time we'll coves ^.^

#
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Mar 29, 2013, 6:04:16 PM
After 15 minutes of being unsuccessful at finding a wand or bow in the twilight strand I retire, good luck to everyone!
IGN: Aenquis/Mebius
"
karasu271 wrote:
After 15 minutes of being unsuccessful at finding a wand or bow in the twilight strand I retire, good luck to everyone!

Pretty much this... heavily favored for range (need a bow or wand to stand a chance at surviving), and the overall difficulty is so imbalanced compared to the reward amounts and cutoffs. Same cutoffs and same reward totals as a regular race? Come on. In a regular race I could get unlucky and die 20 minutes in and stand a chance at rerolling and getting to 11 or even 13. This race? Hardly a chance in hell.
Gave the Fetid Pool a shot. First map had a pack of elemental resistant champions at the entrance, no thanks. Second map was favourable; the rhoas are managable if you're being careful and don't pull ridicilous amounts. Made a bit of a tactical error at the necromancer though, which led to me being overrun by a not-so-managable pack of rhoas. Next time!

I agree with the concerns voiced by those who prefer playing melee. It's just a giant RNG-fest of getting a ranged weapon prior to Hillock, since defeating him in hand-to-hand combat is positively impossible. Would be cool if that random factor could be smoothed out.
Last edited by Bogsie on Mar 29, 2013, 5:29:18 PM
7 Templar's, finally got a wand, killed hillock, made it to ledge, decimated by a pack of 6 archers at lvl 5, it was over as soon as i seen them.
How about Dsync gets fixed ASAP?

It is just very shitty to die of dsync many times in races... especially dsync rhoas.

Does anyone (or GGG) got any feedback/info on this issue?
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
"
Mithsploit wrote:
"
karasu271 wrote:

Pretty much this... heavily favored for range (need a bow or wand to stand a chance at surviving), and the overall difficulty is so imbalanced compared to the reward amounts and cutoffs. Same cutoffs and same reward totals as a regular race? Come on. In a regular race I could get unlucky and die 20 minutes in and stand a chance at rerolling and getting to 11 or even 13. This race? Hardly a chance in hell.

I agree. Season 2 really needs to have better reward for the more difficult and longer races. I honestly do not even bother with the 3 hour races now because they just feel like a giant waste of time.

I do think it's cool to have these new, more challenging formats, but when the reward points are exactly the same as a standard race.. well the term "risk vs. reward" comes to mind immediately.
That was completely ridiculous!
Played as a solo cold caster shadow, made it to ledge and grinded all the way to level 10 :P

good currency rng allowed for nice gear rolls:
Last edited by vor on Mar 29, 2013, 6:06:08 PM
I really really enjoyed this race. Looking forward to more special mod races in the future, especially party ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info