Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

fundamentally disagree with you on loot vacuum.

not how the core loop of an arpg should function? what? you need to rethink your ideas on how an arpg should be played. the best loot situation in any all day play endgame activity in an arpg right now is diablo 3s greater rifts and a lot of that is down to you play the game, you enjoy the actual action gameplay without the looting constantly destroying the flow of the action gameplay, and then you loot at the end.

its in an arpg right now and its one of the most attractive attributes that game mode has within that game. when you look at what u want to do today in d3 and you are weighing up how fun each activity is, the fact that grfits loot vac is probably the biggest + side to how fun that game mode is to play.

your game goes a million things better than d3, your game is a good game, its hard to say d3 is a good game, but when it comes to gameplay your game is garbage right now and their game is great. in that game with good gameplay the best gamepolay is grifts mainly due to loot vac, the vac is probably 70% responsible for why grifts is the best gameplay mode in a game whos gameplay shits all over your game. you need to change how you think regarding vac, the idea that vac is inherently bad in an arpg is a dinosaur of an idea and its really disheartening to hear you say it.

regarding on death kill... again, you are saying our game is bad so we have to do this in order to make our game function because our game is so bad it doesnt function as a game under normal conditions of actually making monsters do damage to you while you are alive.

seriously? how about fix your game then? how many years are you going to drag your feet on just fixing the fact your gameplay is garbage? instead of fixing your game you are wasting time trying to mitigate the fact its broken? why are you spending dev time trying to mask symptoms of a problem rather than using that dev time to fix the problem?

in 90% of ways an arpg could be good your game is so far ahead of all the competition you basically have no competition. you have made the best arpg that has ever existed, you are the best dev team that has ever worked on an arpg, in terms of commitment to making an honest, good game ur one of the best high success dev teams in the industry as a whole. but that 10% where its gone wrong is near fatal, and its almost all down to gameplay. we cant play the content we want to play, when we do play it its a 1 shot bullshit fest where we spend 45% of our time looting a bunch of shit, 45% of the time trying to micromanage how we sweep an area to avoid backtracking and then 10% of the time playing the game, and that gameplay is press mouse 1 and the entire screen dies + occasionally we die too and we have no idea why.

this is a game that people play, you cant afford to keep ignoring the gameplay in a game people play, and imo you cant afford to cling to absurd ideas like having loot not drop directly from each mob being some kind of fundamental rule break for the genre. if the gameplay is shit then everything else youre doing in terms of mechanics and items and passives and builds is worthless because the experience of actually playing the game IS the gameplay.

why dont i have a challenge compete for delirium? because im not playing it, im playing the new d3 league. why am i playing a shabby game like d3 rather than your game? because your gameplay is shit, its not fun to play your game any more, the moment by moment gameplay sucks. im playing a game where monsters fight back and my game mode has global loot vacuum, that is better than what your game has to offer where it really counts.

if you let us play the maps we want to play, fixed the way none of your monsters can be dangerous without either 1 shotting people or leaving an on death effect and actually embraced pro gameplay ideas like loot vacuum and autopickup then there would be no reason for anyone to bother playing d3 at all.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 17, 2020, 1:43:19 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
fundamentally disagree with you on loot vacuum.

not how the core loop of an arpg should function? what? you need to rethink your ideas on how an arpg should be played. the best loot situation in any all day play endgame activity in an arpg right now is diablo 3s greater rifts and a lot of that is down to you play the game, you enjoy the actual action gameplay without the looting constantly destroying the flow of the action gameplay, and then you loot at the end.

its in an arpg right now and its one of the most attractive attributes that game mode has within that game. when you look at what u want to do today in d3 and you are weighing up how fun each activity is, the fact that grfits loot vac is probably the biggest + side to how fun that game mode is to play.

your game goes a million things better than d3, your game is a good game, its hard to say d3 is a good game, but when it comes to gameplay your game is garbage right now and their game is great. in that game with good gameplay the best gamepolay is grifts mainly due to loot vac, the vac is probably 70% responsible for why grifts is the best gameplay mode in a game whos gameplay shits all over your game. you need to change how you think regarding vac, the idea that vac is inherently bad in an arpg is a dinosaur of an idea and its really disheartening to hear you say it.

regarding on death kill... again, you are saying our game is bad so we have to do this in order to make our game function because our game is so bad it doesnt function as a game under normal conditions of actually making monsters do damage to you while you are alive.

seriously? how about fix your game then? how many years are you going to drag your feet on just fixing the fact your gameplay is garbage? instead of fixing your game you are wasting time trying to mitigate the fact its broken? why are you spending dev time trying to mask symptoms of a problem rather than using that dev time to fix the problem?

in 90% of ways an arpg could be good your game is so far ahead of all the competition you basically have no competition. you have made the best arpg that has ever existed, you are the best dev team that has ever worked on an arpg, in terms of commitment to making an honest, good game ur one of the best high success dev teams in the industry as a whole. but that 10% where its gone wrong is near fatal, and its almost all down to gameplay. we cant play the content we want to play, when we do play it its a 1 shot bullshit fest where we spend 45% of our time looting a bunch of shit, 45% of the time trying to micromanage how we sweep an area to avoid backtracking and then 10% of the time playing the game, and that gameplay is press mouse 1 and the entire screen dies + occasionally we die too and we have no idea why.

this is a game that people play, you cant afford to keep ignoring the gameplay in a game people play, and imo you cant afford to cling to absurd ideas like having loot not drop directly from each mob being some kind of fundamental rule break for the genre. if the gameplay is shit then everything else youre doing in terms of mechanics and items and passives and builds is worthless because the experience of actually playing the game IS the gameplay.

why dont i have a challenge compete for delirium? because im not playing it, im playing the new d3 league. why am i playing a shabby game like d3 rather than your game? because your gameplay is shit, its not fun to play your game any more, the moment by moment gameplay sucks. im playing a game where monsters fight back and my game mode has global loot vacuum, that is better than what your game has to offer where it really counts.

if you let us play the maps we want to play, fixed the way none of your monsters can be dangerous without either 1 shotting people or leaving an on death effect and actually embraced pro gameplay ideas like loot vacuum and autopickup then there would be no reason for anyone to bother playing d3 at all.

+
Last edited by TastyNugZ on Mar 17, 2020, 1:56:45 PM
"
Delirium Item Drop Vacuuming
We totally understand the feedback that Delirium makes you want to go fast and not pick up items, requiring you to then backtrack to grab anything decent that dropped.

There have been requests to accumulate all items that would drop and instead drop them at the end of the encounter. This is not how we want the game to be played. We have only done it in the past when it would have been impossible to access the items afterwards (if they're in an Incursion area, or in the darkness during a Delve). While it's tempting to take every opportunity to vacuum up all the items that drop and present them to you in one go, that is not how the core game loop of Action RPGs should function. In addition, even if we wanted to, it's not really even practical to vacuum an entire map worth of items and drop them in one place.

During our internal testing before release, we increased the length of time that Delirium encounters last so that players have extra time to pick up items as they go. Item filters help alert you to which items are important to grab, and we did intentionally compensate with extra time for you to do so.

Uhh, sorry guys... but it doesn't seem like you are actually listening to your community on what they believe the issues are here. This feels like a "don't you guys have phones?" moment.

Please listen to your community. It has what has continued to separate you guys from the pack.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
GGG has no idea of what is good and what is bad anymore..

game is being more and more just doing a build in PoB and not really play it, because of these hillarious 1 shots.
"i have 1.5mil dps on PoB…" "oh well i have 3mil dps!" "oh shit i have to make a new one"

mechanics of the fog is bad... and you, just do the easy fix which doesnt help shit - by increasing the time, so we can click some more shitty loot and not even solve the actual problem.

you have this shitty kind of an idea to think that by saying no to some loot vacuum in some events would make your game unique… that's only what egocentric people are thinking.

Tell me… WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL do we have a giant loot bomb at the end of eternal splinter events, but not in delirium event when the time is even less.
and you say it would ruin the basics of the game?
you are freaking nonsense

If you dont want loot vacuum in mirror/delirium event.. okay then, delete Breach maps, delete eternal splinter maps, delving and all the other league events with a lootbomb in the end.
- oh wait yea, then you think it would be global to have loot vacuum in mirror because we are killing the actual map monsters too. (NOT if we only have loot vacuum from delirium monsters) = which also would make a better risk vs reward.

oh wait i forgot. delete the loot vacuum for Metamorph parts too which were a great fix!

listen to your community and not just top end twitch streamers who just say "o' plz… GGG make this end button bindable so i can be faster than the other streamers" and you listen... some Quality of life for the streamers, thats what you can do.. okay

what YOU think is best is not always the best.

Last edited by TastyNugZ on Mar 17, 2020, 2:30:55 PM
+1 to NOT have a general loot vacuum and auto pickup. Thanks for the attention GGG.
The number one issue right now is the server situation. The disconnects and rollbacks are getting super old. Im losing interest real fast due to that alone. I like the league but killing a boss and then getting disconnected while looting and finding I got rolled back, or looting a really nice unique that would have helped my crappy currency situation and then getting disconnected and rolled back so I can lose the item? Pretty damn annoying. It is really destroying the interest I had in the league.

And before anyone says, "OMG but the VIRUS means that over 10,000% more people are online!!! That's why!" No, that is not a valid excuse. After getting dropped and/or rolled back for like the 5th time last night I went and played a few games of league, some Call of Duty, and checked out WoW Classic with zero issues. The problem isnt universal across all online services.
Completely disappointed congratulations GGG >> R.I.P <<
Few constructive ideas:
- Vaccum splinters at whole game areas (similar azurite in delve). Quality of Life.
- a button somewhere to start/stop delirium. We don't want to find mirror, I want to start delirium when I enter the map directly. Quality of Life.
- when delirium start, make it "fog" whole map. NO time limit.
- when we push "stop delirium" button, drop all loot (similar with Alva mission). Quality of Life. To go back to start to collect loot is lame.
- when i push "start delirium", make me invincible for 2 sec. Quality of Life. Many times I died when I start delirium (all screen is frozen). Until GGG patch bugs, let's do this.

Thanks.
I've read a lot of comments and I am exceedingly happy none of you all are game designers.
"
this manifesto only outlines the changes that we're making to Delirium content

Well... I'm a stdrd player, and unfortunately, I feel presence of delirium somewhere nearby - zFPS isn't a league-only problem. Fix it PLZ!
I can't imagine HC players thoughts and feelings, with this kind of game client "performance". It's actually terrible.
PS - latency spikes are another amazing thing, and I think it's server-related.
Last edited by brzroman on Mar 17, 2020, 2:36:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info