Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

THX GGG for your fixes and thx that you diceded to kill the league for people like me, who dont like to backtrack all the map to take all the loot.
The problem with delirium is not that people dont want to pick up their loot in the phase. They cant pick it up because they will die if they do it.

So my answer to your reaction is "Delirium League? No thx".

At this point its the first league i will skip.
From what I played so far .

1) Delirium Mirrors are way too dangerous to actually try. I died 32 times until act 7. This has never happened to me...And I played a lot of squishy archers.
2) Drops are in imaginable worse...And at the start I thought blight drops were garbage and man I was wrong compared to this.
3) I am not even doing those mirrors...Especially in narrow spaces were you might hit a wall and lose the mist , while dangerously trying to clear mobs to get 1 jewelers orb as a reward. No thanks.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
The most annoying thing actually is the fact you need to backtrack to several encounters. Let's say you have touched the Mirror of Delirium and while progressing further you found Zana or Incursion. Why is that? Because whenever you find the Mirror you actually need to open it in order to possibly avoid backtracking but this is not possible if other encounters are on the map and Delirium is progressing. The best option would be to have a button, similar to the one we have had in Metamorph, which would allow to spawn the Mirror whenever and wherever we want.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Mar 17, 2020, 4:07:46 AM
For splinters:

How about you don't vacuum those but just add a counter so they don't drop in the first place until the end of the delirium?

Because your on death effects mean that picking them up is instant death. Because some 0.00001% insta one shots mobs and you hate it so the rest of us have to be be punished because you are too lazy to fix it.
Honestly im really disapointed, its not about (for me atleast) bugs that happen (you guys do a really good job on fixing these) or unpredictable things like ddos or server stuff.

What really starts to anger me is that you guys seem to make the same mistakes in terms of visability now EVERY LEAGUE.

Just by the first 10 seconds of watching the Delirium league trailer me and literally everybody i spoke to was sure that this "grey on grey" color design would cause problems. One shot mechanics that are not visible are cleary BAD DESIGN. Just like in Metamorph, people were complaining and you guys learned nothing.

Even Neon said in the Baeclast episode with him and Rory that he got one shot multiple times in Metamorph without being able to see or identify what killed him and that this is something you guys want to improve on.

Watching that episode of baeclast back is almost sad now that we see what you guys released and what it was designed to achieve by your own designers words. The idea to let delirium interact with other league mechanics and visibilty of enemys are just 2 things to point out here.

The Game is cluttered with on screen effects anyhow with what exists in the game already but adding more clutter every league without listening to the feedback of your community is shocking to me. You dont want us to be able to reduce on screen effects and stuff via options is one thing but adding black on black, red on red or grey on grey league designs will guaranteed result in a bad gameplay experience and will cause the community to react, and this more so that you repeats these things over and over again. The time you guys now have to spend figuring things out could be spend on the next league design, fixing real bugs or even some for sure well deserved off days for your staff.

You guys put a lot of very nice Qol changes in 3.10 which im really thankful for, but sadly these dont get enought recognition because of others things that atleast from my perspective could have easily been prevented or minimized if you would have taken feedback into account from the last leagues criticism to day 1 of designing Delirium League.

I hope this doesnt come across rude, i love this game, played it for years and plan on playing it for many more years to come.

I really appreciate the way you guys communicate with the community and the attitude you guys live as a company.

Its just that especially in terms of league design i think you really have to work a bit more on taking feedback into account and prevent mistakes that you already made in the past.

Greetings from Germany , gl & hf

"
pphnx wrote:
Vacuuming all the map drops during the mist is weird but at least you can vacuum the items that drop from delirium monsters such as delirium splinters and cluster jewels.

That is a very good idea - just drop it with the rest of the end of delirium rewards - it's mostly just a few splinters or a jewel
LIKE I SAID EARLIER BEST GOD DAMN GAME COMPANY ON THE PLANET TY GGG
"
SEVEREFENIX72 wrote:
LIKE I SAID EARLIER BEST GOD DAMN GAME COMPANY ON THE PLANET TY GGG

If it was, they would properly test content to be released prior to releasing it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 17, 2020, 4:21:28 AM
Jood Gob!
First time I post feedback. I was super excited for this league for weeks, only to basically end it after 3 days and this manifesto. Why?
- Saying "we will force to play the game like we want, take it or leave" -> alright, I will leave
- Saying "backtracking is intended, or just loot on the fly - we will give you more time" -> does not work if I instantly die if I stop zooming around for .3 seconds
- Once again, the league mechanic does not seem polished. It became pretty clear from the start that doing older league mechanics is in 6 or 7 out of 8 times a bad idea, reward wise
- Visibility continues to be an issue

I am tired of beta or alpha testing the league for 2-4 weeks until it becomes rewarding or enjoyable. I played a lot of Metamorph, which had different issues, but at least the rewards were there.
There is a big disconnect between how the game is functioning in GGGs minds and in reality. Well, there never have been two good leagues in a row, see you next one I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info