[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

Hello and welcome to my another guide, this time wander. So, I wanted to play build like this for a long time, but before 3.10 the options for wanders were very limited. Now we got Wandslinger on tree what makes spell damage apply to attack damage, so we no longer need stuff like Crown of Eyes for proper scaling. Wandslinger makes this build very starter friendly because crafting spell damage wands is relatively simple, and we use Elemental Hit that do not relies on flat damage so we can fully utilize just spell damage mods.
On top of Wandslinger, we also use Crown of the Inward eye for huge damage boost and survivability boost.
I am going to league start with this build in 3.10 so I will try to keep everyone updated.
Important! As this build is very new, a lot of sections are unfinished. But I think at least in current state it is more than enough (I have leveling, PoB, starter setups etc all covered).

Changelog

Spoiler

25th March 2020
- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Acrobatics tree with Point Blank
- Replaced Cluster Jewel on Default tree with damage/life nodes
- Added Trickster alternative tree
- Acrobatics version is now using Pyre ring
- Switched from Revenge of the Hunted to grabbing more mana + damage + energy shield on default tree
- Grabbed Vaal Pact on Phase Acrobatics tree

23th March 2020
- Replaced Indigon with Crown of the Inward Eye
- Replaced belt with Soul Tether
- Added cluster jewels as part of the default tree
- Updated tree to factor new setup
- Replaced enduring mana flask with life flask
- Added Clarity and Vaal Clarity
- Added Phase Acrobatics version

15th March 2020
- Replaced craft on body with life as extra ES craft
- Added Starter gem set for main 6 link

14th March 2020
- Switched from Alira to kill all bandits
- Updating leveling trees to rush EO and EE way faster
- Added Flame Dash + Smoke Mine combo to leveling section
- Added Spellslinger + Elemental Weakness combo to leveling section

13th March 2020
- Added single target and clear setup to leveling section
- Replaced Starkonja with Crown of Eyes in starter setup
- Replaced Cinderswallow with instant life flask in starter setup

12th March 2020
- Created the buld
- Added mention about starter item set to PoB section

Pro's & Con's

+ Very good single target. The build can reach 7M single target DPS with current setup
+ Really good clear speed (because of second clearing setup, Shield Charge and high movement speed)
+ 219% increased movement speed
+ 10k EHP (5.3k HP, 30% MoM + 2.6k Mana, 3K ES)
+ 70% melee avoid chance, 70% projectile avoid chance, 18% spell avoid chance
+ 20% less damage taken from hits (Fortify)
+ Critical strike immunity (Mistwalker)
+ 8% reduced damage taken (Mistwalker)
+ Enemies are chilled (reduced action speed) thanks to Summon Skitterbots
+ Can do all content (except Hall of Grandmasters)
+ Decent league starter, as it do not really requires anything to function, and can work just fine on Tabula

- Needs a lot of strength and dexterity from gear or jewels

Content Done
- All Guardians
- All Conquerors
- Shaper
- Sirus
- Simulacrum

My characters using this build
- My Delirium character

Path of Building

Path of Building is tool for PoE to plan gear, skill tree and calculate effective damage. It also contains Bandits and Pantheon choice. You can download it here. The guide is tailored for modified version of PoB with some additional features so after you download regular PoB head here for installation instructions for modified version. After that simply import below Pastebin URL into PoB:

Pastebin

Navigating through PoB (important, read carefully)

There are trees for level 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10. Bear in mind that low level trees are optimized for my playstyle and do not really prioritze taking a lot of life early.

There are also 2 special trees:
- Acrobatics: This tree is pathing to Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics instead of pathing to Mind over Matter, grabbing some extra damage and jewel sockets on the way. With this setup we also utilize Spellslinger for automating our debuffs. Advantage of this setup is smoother clearing because of Spellslinger, a bit more damage and less gear requirements (no Essence Worm). Disadvatage is that it now relies heavily on dodge and overall EHP is a lot lower
- Trickster: This is modified default tree using Trickster instead of Assassin as ascendancy. Advantage of Trickster is more survivability and disadvantage is speed

Use dropdown in bottom left corner of Tree section in PoB to cycle between the trees.

There are 3 item sets:
- Default: This is regular version utilizing Crown of the Inward eye and crafted wand
- Acrobatics: This is modified regular version using rare ring instead of Essence Worm for more flexibility and life as this setup is not using Mind over Matter
- Starter: This setup is designed for league start, utilizing some cheap and very effective uniques like Tabula Rasa, Piscator's Vigil and Crown of Eyes

There are 2 body gem sets:
- Default: This is endgame damage setup utilizing Damage on full Life and Barrage supports
- Starter: This setup is using Hypothermia instead of Barrage because Barrage is most effective only with Dying Sun. It is also using Inspiration instead of Damage on full Life because early we do not have very big ES buffer so its less reliable.

There are 2 helmet gem sets:
- Default: This setup contains self cast Wave of Conviction with combustion and curse on hit linked to debuff enemies whenever we need
- Acrobatics: This setup is using Spellslinger instead of curse on hit to automate both Wave and Curse. We can reserve Spellslinger because Acrobatics version of the build is not using Mind over Matter

There are 2 weapon gem sets:
- Default: This setup contains flat reservation auras (Precision/Clarity) and blood rage
- Acrobatics: This setup contains Skitterbots instead of Clarity what was moved from Essence Worm as we do not use Worm anymore and without MoM we also do not need Clarity

How to configure PoB for your own character

After importing your character to PoB, follow these steps to properly configure it to show your actual stats:

1. Switch to your Elemental Hit setup (in Main Skill section) and select Fire in dropdown under skill
2. Enable all flasks in items section and switch to configuration section
3. Set Is enemy boss? to Shaper/Guardians
4. Check Do you use Frenzy Charges?
5. Check Do you use Power Charges?
6. Check Are you Elusive?
7. Check Are you leeching Energy Shield?
8. Check Is the enemy Blinded?
9. Check Is the enemy Ignited?
10. Check Is the enemy Chilled?
11. Check Is the enemy Shocked? and set Effect of Shock to 18
12. Check Is the enemy covered in Ash?
13. Set Exposure Type to Fire
14. Set # of nearby Rare or Unique Enemies to 1

Pantheon

For your major god Soul of Lunaris is good pick as we are dodge build and extra dodge is always helpful. For bosses Soul of Solaris is very effective as well.

For your minor god Soul of Soul Garukhan is good choice because again, we are evasion/dodge based build, and extra dodge is always good. Another good option is Ralakesh to reduce dot from Blood Rage and to get Blind and Maim immunity. Valid options are also Ryslatha for extra charges for life flask and extra life recovery from it and Soul of Shakari for poison immunity and reduced chaos damage taken.

Ascendancy

Get Mistwalker first. Then get Unstable Infusion and Deadly Infusion for some damage and mobility and finally get Opportunistic from Uber Lab.

Leveling and gearing

Important! When leveling we use Elemental Equillibrium for triple elemental Elemental Hit. We do not switch to fire version until we get double Combat Focus to lock other elements.

Leveling gear

Gem progression

The gems and setup below are sorted both horizontally and vertically based on priority, where stuff on right and bottom is less important in each level breakpoint section. Gem names that are italic are the ones that change since previous level breakpoint.

Level 1
3 link - Freezing Pulse, Arcane Surge, Onslaught

Level 4
3 link - Freezing Pulse, Arcane Surge, Onslaught
1 link - Dash

Level 8
4 link - Freezing Pulse, Arcane Surge, Added Cold Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectiles
1 link - Dash

Level 10
4 link - Freezing Pulse, Arcane Surge, Added Cold Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectiles
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision

Level 12
3 link - Elemental Hit, Pierce, Increased Critical Strikes
3 link - Elemental Hit, Pierce, Lesser Multiple Projectiles
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision

Level 16
3 link - Elemental Hit, Pierce, Increased Critical Strikes
3 link - Elemental Hit, Pierce, Lesser Multiple Projectiles
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Summon Skitterbots
1 link - Precision
1 link - Blood Rage

Level 18
5 link - Elemental Hit, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Damage on full Life, Point Blank
4 link - Elemental Hit, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, Elemental Damage with Attacks
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision
1 link - Blood Rage

Level 24
5 link - Elemental Hit, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Damage on full Life, Point Blank
4 link - Elemental Hit, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, Elemental Damage with Attacks
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision
2 link - Spellslinger, Elemental Weakness
1 link - Blood Rage

Level 31
6 link - Elemental Hit, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Energy Leech, Hypothermia, Damage on full Life
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision
1 link - Blood Rage

Level 38
6 link - Elemental Hit, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Elemental Focus, Energy Leech, Hypothermia, Damage on full Life
4 link - Elemental Hit, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, Elemental Damage with Attacks
1 link - Smoke Mine
1 link - Flame Dash
1 link - Precision
1 link - Blood Rage
3 link - Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Cast when Damage taken

Core setup

TBA

Amulet anointments

TBA

Crafting your own gear

TBA

End-game optimization

TBA

Media

Mapping
Uul-Netol's Domain Lvl 76
Malformation Lvl 86
Canyon Lvl 86
Ghetto Lvl 86
Colloseum Lvl 86

Bossing
Drox Lvl 86
Baran Lvl 88
Sirus Lvl 90
Simulacrum Lvl 90
Lair of the Hydra Lvl 90
Shaper Lvl 90
Simulacrum (Deathless) Lvl 91

Delve
TBA

Misc
TBA
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Apr 5, 2020, 8:08:15 PM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2020, 4:27:31 PM
looking forward to seeing this in action
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Eeeeh i wanted To play your wander poison build, now that i see this one i'm interested !

I have never played an elemental hit build. I like high attack speed and movement speed build. How is the map Clear speed going To be ? For boss fights is it low APS ?
Why not take Eldrich battery than, block all mana with auras, and get discipline es gain on hit watcher's to sustain es pool?

Hybrid builds really suck, it's like running all the time with half hp pool cause you can only sustain regen on either hp or es.
"
Neronne wrote:
Eeeeh i wanted To play your wander poison build, now that i see this one i'm interested !

I have never played an elemental hit build. I like high attack speed and movement speed build. How is the map Clear speed going To be ? For boss fights is it low APS ?

I tried to stack some APS so it should be pretty smooth for bossing imo. For clear speed, the setup is ele hit + chain + gmp, what with ele hit explosions should be very good (but most likel still a bit worse than Kinetic Blast on regular wanders).

"
Grizone wrote:
Why not take Eldrich battery than, block all mana with auras, and get discipline es gain on hit watcher's to sustain es pool?

Hybrid builds really suck, it's like running all the time with half hp pool cause you can only sustain regen on either hp or es.

Eldritch Battery would prevent scaling damage from Indigon.

And for recovery, I have both life and ES leech that can be both active at once, and also indigon life "recovery" with enduring flask on top, so I dont think either ES or Life recovery will be lacking.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
"
Orzi wrote:
looking forward to seeing this in action

I will try to record some vids as soon as I will have the opportunity :d
My builds:
My site:
Nice guide, thanks! Would this be pretty easily changed into a different type of wander? Such as KB/PS?

My initial plan is to leaguestart with this and transition into a more traditional wander keeping your idea of defense.
"
Spora wrote:
Nice guide, thanks! Would this be pretty easily changed into a different type of wander? Such as KB/PS?

My initial plan is to leaguestart with this and transition into a more traditional wander keeping your idea of defense.

Yeah you can transition to regular one later, the core is mostly the same anyway, except instead of w/e shield I am using you would use Manastorm for flat lightning, wrath instead of skitters and arcane cloak instead of IC. I actually have PoB for power siphon wander I was planning to do before I decided to do ele hit instead as its better leauge stater:

https://hastebin.com/recapekigu.ini

The hastebin contains PoB code, so just copy it and import to pob (as I was not able to upload code to Pastebin because I reached the limit).
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Spora wrote:

Yeah you can transition to regular one later, the core is mostly the same anyway, except instead of w/e shield I am using you would use Manastorm for flat lightning, wrath instead of skitters and arcane cloak instead of IC. I actually have PoB for power siphon wander I was planning to do before I decided to do ele hit instead as its better leauge stater:

The hastebin contains PoB code, so just copy it and import to pob (as I was not able to upload code to Pastebin because I reached the limit).

Excellent, that's exactly what I'm looking for, big thanks to you.
I'm assuming the damage for the Power Siphon will be a fair bit lower than the ele hit if I'm not mistaking.
Thanks again!
"
Spora wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Spora wrote:

Excellent, that's exactly what I'm looking for, big thanks to you.
I'm assuming the damage for the Power Siphon will be a fair bit lower than the ele hit if I'm not mistaking.
Thanks again!

Not by a lot, but yes a bit lower. And np/
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Mar 12, 2020, 2:01:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info