Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

Hi. I'm currently going through A4. Unsure if this is really a good way to go. It feels like blade vortex but with way less defense and damage. 1 minute-ish AW looks long but re-casting 10 of them takes around 5 seconds too, and you don't want to get into the fight without them so getting ready for a re-cast around 45seconds is something you should really plan.

I know it's still early in the game but, seems every delirium encounter with one fatty almost kills me.

Maybe I've just expected something in the zombies-leveling direction.

What is your experience so far?

Thank you for sharing :)
Exactly the same - defense is horrible.

I’m thinking a champion max block version would’ve been a better choice, but u til then I’m adjusting and doing ok.

Pickup 2 spectres , one for frenzy charges, because why wouldn’t you, and the other the proximity shield dude- that’s step one and takes up 2 gems if your being thrifty.

Plan on getting a very tank chest - like we’re not going to be running queens hunger in this crap.

Run with the other 2 slots as zombies and meat shield - so I’m giving up my boots for spectre-zombie-meat shield- minion life and it’s helped a lot.

Sucks losing those boots, but you have to do something. I’m also using a shield over dual wands and picked up shield charge- fortify because I really don’t like dying.

Will see if dps loss is too horrid but likely I’ll switch to ghazzys version, esp once I get those new jewels that give impale and what not.

Damage so far is not a concern - melting shit , but I’ve also adjusted by using bladeblast in my bladefall links so I can spam knives on bosses/rates then blow them up if minions are taking too long.
Theamazonbasin
Last edited by Godfeast_1 on Mar 14, 2020, 11:58:46 AM
"
Help!

I upgraded AW gem without checking the dex requirement of level 2 (17 dex). I only have 14 dex so it's now unusable.

I tried buying it again from Nessa, expecting it to be a level 1 gem but the sneaky cow sold me a level 3 gem (also 17 dex).

I can't find an item with +dex in the shop - and the shop never seems to reset (how to reset the shop?).

What can I do?

You sell the gem with an orb of regret to a vendor and he hands you back a level 1 gem
Theamazonbasin
Yes, dmg works well ... but its obvious that thill build will struggle hard defensively, i doubt it will have a good future tbh
middle act 7, no special gear.

I dropped zombies in act 6 and mobs especially delirium mods seems to target me more, I find myself running around a lot.

I'm going to incorporate zombies and frost sentinels, the zombies for some protection and I've used frost sentinels the last two leagues and they're great for general clear. I'll report back.
"
bex_HB wrote:
Yes, dmg works well ... but its obvious that thill build will struggle hard defensively, i doubt it will have a good future tbh

Yeah looking to see how it scales later. Going to aim for a massive amount of armor from str bases as well as vaal molten shell. Shield charge + fortify, every possible life node that’s not too far, taunt/blind jewels for minions (insane for survivability), maybe defensive curse on hit from bladefall if it comes to it or flesh and stone. Damage is great so I can see it being possible going this defensive.
"
leohero923 wrote:

I am using Feeding Frenzy, much better. But AI still bad, still need more movement speed & using convocation.
And I think melee splash is A MUST for mapping because it looks like AW do not have any AOE skill like Skeleton swing or Zombie slam +.+

Melee splash - completely agree. Feels mandatory for clear.

Feeding frenzy - thanks, I'll give it a try. Was planning on running AW - minion damage - death mark - added cold - multistrike - melee splash/elemental damage with attacks. Might swap out deathmark for feeding frenzy then, boss damage seems nuts as it is.
"
RogueOne wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

Yeah looking to see how it scales later. Going to aim for a massive amount of armor from str bases as well as vaal molten shell. Shield charge + fortify, every possible life node that’s not too far, taunt/blind jewels for minions (insane for survivability), maybe defensive curse on hit from bladefall if it comes to it or flesh and stone. Damage is great so I can see it being possible going this defensive.

I'm going Animate Guardian Kingmaker for fortify (and taunt) with leash of oblation and offering effect chest with bone offering/rumi's, glancing blows and a %life gain shield for max block. Untill glancing blows some invest in block gets me to around 70/60

EDIT: and was planning on jinxed yuyu for further damage reduction. This setup would've been nuts with spirit offering but alas :) my bases will be more amour based now and with a basal flask and "of iron skin" I should be close to max Phys damage reduction.
Last edited by NeoLearner on Mar 14, 2020, 12:45:17 PM
Guys, can i use chains of command with this version of AW? or should it stick with the chests from the guide? the QoL that Chains give is amazing
People having difficulty with defenses: I've been glancing at character setups, and quite a few people are

a) not using the Cold setup

b) not wearing a shield

c) using Tabula Rasa.

Changing any of those will help a lot defensively. I'd highly recommend the Ahn's Shield + 2x Fragility setup, especially at this point early in the league where there are basically no good jewels on the market. The Onslaught effect improves QOL a ton.

Taunt and blind jewels have already been mentioned but I'll second that again.

Also be realistic in what you expect the defenses can do for you- this is not the old Spirit Offering, cycloning baron-mancer. The build is patterned after SRS builds that have been around forever, the main line of defense being our fast mob of minions.

Later on, investing in block and so on should help too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info