Daily Deals Introduced

As you may have noticed, the "on sale" icons have been removed from everything in the microtransaction store. We ran that initial sale for eight weeks and have now updated all the prices. The prices have either:
  • Increased, because the sale has ended. These items may of course be offered as a Deal of the Day in the future.
  • Stayed the same, because we felt the old price was just right.
  • Decreased, because we'd like to make that microtransaction available to more people. We have received a lot of feedback that players would like to see more things at lower prices.

It's always difficult adjusting prices, up or down. We're trying to be really clear with our explanation about what we've done and why we've done it. It's normal for real-world shops to change their prices without offering any partial refunds to people who have bought those items. We want you to understand that prices will change in the future and items will be discounted (potentially by a lot) with no notice. If you really feel that you've been hurt by our pricing changes, email support@grindinggear.com - we're able to help you out and can hopefully resolve any concerns.

To those who are concerned about the Deal of the Day image on the login screen of the game - don't worry, we don't intend to spam the game with ads to the shop all over the place. Our priority is keeping gameplay clean and separate from monetisation. We can see that only a portion of players check the site each day, so having it on the login screen helps the players who just run the game client. They're probably not reading this news update, though :P

Remember, the end goal of selling a lot of microtransactions without any pay-to-win content is a massive win for everyone. The more we sell, the more content we can create for you!

We're really pleased with how the microtransaction store has been going so far in Open Beta. Although the purchases offer no power advantage, players are engaging with them really well and it's great to see supporters in-game with their cosmetic effects. The revenue from the store is being spent on server costs and expanding the development team so that we can deliver more content and improvements! Thanks again for your great support.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 21, 2013, 4:49:09 AM
"
Shimeone wrote:
I love how 80% of what i bought is now more expensive :D

That means you bought the awesome things ;)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Hodari wrote:
Is there any way to see a list of what items you have purchased and how much you paid for them?

We need to add this soon - but feel free to contact support and they can provide you with the list of what you've bought.

"
Mub wrote:
The game is not running yet on my pc...

everytime when the daily message post up the game crash. An Error pop up that a file can´t open ("DailyDealRadiantWeapon.png") ...

I play on a Mac (OSX 10.8.3 , 2,5GHz i5 and 8GB Ram) with Parallels Desktop (Windows 8).

please help me

Thanks, we'll look into this tomorrow.

"
Aerinx wrote:
I miss something very important in the Sale page, if you are going to offer sales you miss indicating either the percentage discounted or the original price, this is a must imo.

Good point - thanks!
"
Eyesonme wrote:
"
Chris:
As you may have noticed, the "on sale" icons have been removed from everything in the microtransaction store.

Actually Acid Weapon, Verdant Weapon nad some other item effects still has "On Sale" tag on,
is it intended? if so how much of discount they are currently giving?

By the way I like the daily deal idea, just purchased the radiant weapon effect, keep up the good work.

It was our intention that the ones that had their prices reduced would still say "on sale" for a few days, but this didn't appear to us to be working. If it's working for you then that's great.
"
MTab wrote:

Now, to my only gripe. I clicked the buy now button in the client, at the login screen, and it did not direct me to the daily deal page but the item effect page. Not only that it opened the video preview of the item. Once you x the video out, you actually have to look for the sale item. Not an issue with the current list of items available but in the future it could be annoying to have to scroll through a list to find that sale. It should redirect to the daily deals page.

Purchases are done from the popup with the video preview - it takes you right to that. There should be no reason to have to hunt for the item in that category because it's already open on the screen :)

"
So if we find out that something we purchased now costs less and send you a message noting this will we have those points refunded? Just curious :P

If you're unhappy about it, our support team can make you happy. The purchase is appreciated either way though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info