💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

I really appreciate your comments once again.

For the number of non-unique flasks and unique flasks, my goal was basically what you currently have on your char but replacing the bottle faith by doedre's.

While taste of hate is 20% of phys redirection, IC plus 3 endurance charges is about 3 times the phys mitigation from hits. I've thought a bit more and it would be a max level IC to time by myself. First we are slot starved so using a CWDT is costly, and second the IC will be really efficient that way.

I feel like bottle faith is not really reliable with that build. I use it when I have a way of creating consecrated ground at the feet of uniques/rares (so melee or Inquisitor for exemple). I mean when mapping, I usually zoom zoom forward so the consecrated ground is behind me with no use. And if I really want one at some point, I believe I'll be done with defensive layers and readdy to replace my defensive unique flask for it.

Our discussion empowered me. I've started a witch last night after 1 month and a half without playing :D
I'll not play it a lot but I just want to get a first feeling for the build.

Edit: I slammed a hunter ex on this one, didn't catch the phys as chaos but got enough life for my money: https://imgur.com/a/QrmqGDS
Can't go wrong with a hunter ex on an open prefix
Last edited by Rootsmann on May 7, 2020, 8:42:07 AM
hi i got a trigger when cast wand with a open suffix item level 85 and was wondering if it's worth using a redeemer orb on it?
"
b4timert wrote:
hi i got a trigger when cast wand with a open suffix item level 85 and was wondering if it's worth using a redeemer orb on it?

With https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Wand you can see what a reedemer orb can add to your wand.
I din't see any usefull prefix, while the suffixes can bring nice mods like Hatred effect, Cold exposure on hit, Forsbite on hit as well has auras grants %damage to allies (2% per aura is really low though so maybe one should not count this as a good mod). All asking no more than a ilevel 82.

That's 3/7 chance to get something good if your wand has only open sufffixes, 4/7 if you are satisfied with the aura grants %damage to allies.

It would also depend of the other mods on your wand and what the crafting bench can bring to it for a much less expensive craft.
If you already used the bench to bring the wand to 5 affixes and just have one last suffix to fill, it sounds like a good gamble to me.
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
b4timert wrote:

With https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Wand you can see what a reedemer orb can add to your wand.
I din't see any usefull prefix, while the suffixes can bring nice mods like Hatred effect, Cold exposure on hit, Forsbite on hit as well has auras grants %damage to allies (2% per aura is really low though so maybe one should not count this as a good mod). All asking no more than a ilevel 82.

That's 3/7 chance to get something good if your wand has only open sufffixes, 4/7 if you are satisfied with the aura grants %damage to allies.

It would also depend of the other mods on your wand and what the crafting bench can bring to it for a much less expensive craft.
If you already used the bench to bring the wand to 5 affixes and just have one last suffix to fill, it sounds like a good gamble to me.

you dont go 4/7 or 3/7 is good hits you need to look at the weight of getting the mods
so if we look at your example its 3500/6400 is bad the aura one you said is ok is 400/6400 and 2500/6400 is good
"
b4timert wrote:
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
b4timert wrote:

you dont go 4/7 or 3/7 is good hits you need to look at the weight of getting the mods
so if we look at your example its 3500/6400 is bad the aura one you said is ok is 400/6400 and 2500/6400 is good

Yes of course, you are right and it's important to take care of the actual odds.
I just rounded all odds to be equal because:
- I thought you were new to crafting so you wanted basic help
- in this craft the odds are not so different, unlike when you go for a explody chest for example, where there are factors 40 between the different odds.

Here, 3/7 = 0.43 while 2500/6400 = 0.39, pretty much the same.

But one should always be as precise as he can, and you seem to be quite able to answer your craft question by yourself!

If you do the craft, I'll be happy to see the result.
@Rootsmann - Yeah, great discussions for sure, since I usually favor offense over defence once I get to a certain point - pretty much once I get past 6k life, I cut life to do more damage. The bottled faith was more just an impulse buy for some reason. I used a granite flask with duration and extra armor to juice VMS before.

Especially after playing my gucci hobo character which deals next to no damage...

@b4timert - Craft cannot roll caster mods first - it takes out two or three mods, and becomes a 1/3 for any hatred, and 1/6 for T1. All of the mods left are at least not useless. That's how I slammed mine last league.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Last edited by iLL3aT on May 8, 2020, 1:20:07 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:

Yes of course, you are right and it's important to take care of the actual odds.
I just rounded all odds to be equal because:
- I thought you were new to crafting so you wanted basic help
- in this craft the odds are not so different, unlike when you go for a explody chest for example, where there are factors 40 between the different odds.

Here, 3/7 = 0.43 while 2500/6400 = 0.39, pretty much the same.

But one should always be as precise as he can, and you seem to be quite able to answer your craft question by yourself!

If you do the craft, I'll be happy to see the result.

You are right in your assumption that im new to crafting. before this league I just alchemy orb crafted and used the bench to craft whatever random modifier I wanted didn't even use fossiles.I have never used a exalted orb to craft. But the question has more to do with worth. i have no idea if it is. a redeemer orb cost over 1 exalt to buy and getting a good roll is 2500/6400 i have no idea if its worth it. for example my helmet is kinda good but having a chance to summon a extra skelly enchantment is far from ideal. i assume i can run labs or use fossil crafting to try and get a better one but that might be kinda expensive or time consuming. But i do guess just asking worth isnt that a good of a question since you don't know what i have to work with. I only have 500 chaos and no exalted orbs. It might be a good idea to look at my gear. but a short summary is i still need a elder amulet with +1 skelies and 1+ to intel skills.

It was kinda fun and satisfying with a bit of frustration mixed in getting to where i am now. all my gear i crafting or got from a drop.(excluding the helmet , the one wand im asking about for the redeemer orb also and the gloves that i bought and then crafted to were it is now)

on a side note is this how those brokenly good wand is made? get a wand with a open prefix. then craft cant change prefix use 3 orbs of annulment to get rid of the suffixes. now craft can have 3 mods crafted. craft cannot roll caster mods and random prefix. then use a redeemer orb get one of those 4 mods. remove the crafted on mods and craft can have up to 3 mods again with a trigger on cast and a prefix like minions deal more damage. or can you pick what crafted mods to remove at the bench?

@iLL3aT Thank you for advice didnt even think about the cannot roll caster mods modifier at the bench. What is T1?
Last edited by b4timert on May 8, 2020, 4:30:35 AM
"
But the question has more to do with worth. i have no idea if it is. a redeemer orb cost over 1 exalt to buy and getting a good roll is 2500/6400 i have no idea if its worth it

The worthyness is really relative so there is no definitive answers. But I can try to give some relatable examples.
First, it really depend on the other mods on the wand before the craft. If the other mods are worth 10c total, then you should not spend a 1ex gamble on it but just buy a 1ex wand.
If your wand is already worth a 1-2 ex, then you can start thinking about a one ex gamble.
Depending on your wealth you can accept different odds. If you are fealthy rich, a 5% chance to win is fine. If you only have 500c, I would say it is fine to gamble one ex on a 50% chance IF you don't need those 500c to greatly improve your character. By that, I mean that this one ex that you want to gamble on the wand could maybe improve your character 10 times more if you spend it on buying better items on the other slots instead of gambling.
Now if any upgrade on your gear is worth about one ex, gambling that ex on a 40-50% chance seems completly fine to me, even if you have just a few hundreds of chaos.

So that's your job to know where you stand. To know what are your weakest items and how much it cost to upgrade them. Can you spend an ex by directly buying a item with no gamble and improve your character more than by gambling that ex on your wand? Do the price checks.

"
on a side note is this how those brokenly good wand is made? get a wand with a open prefix. then craft cant change prefix use 3 orbs of annulment to get rid of the suffixes. now craft can have 3 mods crafted. craft cannot roll caster mods and random prefix. then use a redeemer orb get one of those 4 mods. remove the crafted on mods and craft can have up to 3 mods again with a trigger on cast and a prefix like minions deal more damage. or can you pick what crafted mods to remove at the bench?

While what you are saying should work, it's really convoluted and costly.
First, about the craft mechanics:
- if you craft cant change prefix, you can just use a scouring orb the item to get rid of the 3 suffixes instead of using 3 annulment.
- to use your reedemer orb on top of a bench craft, you don't need to have "can craft 3 mods". When you slam an ex (conqueror ex or normal ex), it does not count as a crafted mod. Slamming will respect conditions on the items like cannot roll caster mod, because you do roll a mod on the item, but it is not a crafted mod. So you can have just the cannot roll caster mod on a prefix, and slam your orb.

With this mechanics in mind, you understand that to craft the GG wands you don't need to apply two times the can have 3 crafted mods.
There are different ways to arrive at a base worthy of using the bench metamods (the cannot roll casters, preffixes/suffixes can't be changed, can have 3 crafted mods). Any basic crafting methods can bring you there with different degree of luck.
I didn't play much this league and never played minions build so I'm not aware of the best starting method. But let's say you would alt regal. You will get a magic item with one prefix and one suffixe that are very good. The if when you regal you hit a good affixe you can have a 3 stat rare wand. Then you can either craft can have 3 crafted mod and complete it to 6 affixes, or play the gamble game by blocking the preffixes (a random bench craft if your base is 2 preffix and 1 suffix, or prefix can't be changed if it's 1 prefix and 2 suffixes) and slamming a reedemer orb. Then you have a 4 good affixes mod so you can craft one good from the bench and need one last exalt lucky slam.
If your regal gave you a bad affixe, you can try to annul it. Now you have a 2 affixe rare item. Then you can block prefix, slam reedemer, and have your 1 prefix + 2 suffix wand base with the reedemer mod. The you can craft the can have 3 crafted mod on complete it to 6 mod with one dead mod being the can have 3 crafted mod line.

I'm sure there is better ways, but that's just to give you a picture of the crafting mechanics.

"
What is T1?

T1, T2, etc... refers to the tier of the affixes. For the Hatred effect, if you click on it on poedb, you'll see that there is two versions of it: one lvl 75 and one level 80. The level 80 is the T1, with the better numbers.
That like that for most mods, like life. For example, on gloves, a T9 roll is 3-9 life, while a T1 roll is 80-89 life.
hey! ive started playing your build on ssf after i lucky 6linked a fermurs staff

what would you suggest i put in my other 6link as i have 2

untill i get access to 2 good wands that is

spectres? or zombies golem or perhaps a mix of all?

my pob https://pastebin.com/ZFd80fWJ
Last edited by shadowragex on May 8, 2020, 5:07:38 PM
Guys, hello, i'm pretty new so i have maybe a stupid question, but why all of you are running Equilibrium AND triad grip with 4 green slots AND frost damage spells/auras for example Frostbite? Like this character i found in this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/b4timert/characters
Are not frost spells going to increase enemy frost resistances which will negativly affect minion damage? I'm puzzled

While on topic, could you maybe advice where i could move with my current build from now on? Just a quick scetch in PoB. I wanted to follow this core build from OP https://pastebin.com/mP1hBuh5 but it seems its not up to date with new patch..
I want to do a zombie focused build with added skelies, but cannot find anyone running anything like this, maybe because its not good after the patch? help plz, thanks)

PS. one more question, why is everyone taking pain attunement, even in phys based build? What exactly is its purpose?
Last edited by ActiveGrass on May 8, 2020, 6:37:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info