Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

"
lunaticwoda wrote:
I wouldnt say Necro is "popular" id say its you put us in such a tight box we have been mainly forced to play it.... You cant super buff the game and not scale skills like this... Hence why such an extreme play rate for Necro...

For me im a 95 Necro and do all content easily and its boring as hell

THIS!!

They buffed everything super hard and most builds were untouched... Dunno if they are 50IQ human beings or just lazy as fk
"
Challenges were a joke I had about 30 in less than a week of playtime and I have no clue how I completed them, were missing out on some really specific ones only.

Who cares about challenges? Do you rly play just to complete xx challenges?
"
Hirux wrote:

I don't know if you remember but people wanted GGG to buff other wander skills but GGG decided to nerf KB cuz it's much easier :) GGG balance team is lazy as fk

I only played during synthesis league when everyone was playing winter orb but got bored and left (now that was a very boring skill). I only came back because back then I wanted to try a necro and figured out now would be a good time.

However it isn't just an issue of balance here, after playing necro, other archetypes really feels lacking (aside from bow skills that feel reasonably good, aside from single target) on a fundamental level, and necro feels like it is in an awesome spot (so many cool toys available, and amazing QoL with persistent spectres). Making necro irrelevant without reviewing the other archetypes would be like breaking what actually feels good and making the game less attractive (the developpers who coded the necro can feel proud because it is amazing, best summoner I ever played in a RPG), and it isn't a good thing.

As an example, I started to level an assassin to try cyclone CoC that looks like very fun. But the prospect of leveling it with frozen pulse is really resident sleeper and I m bored only thinking about it. Frozen pulse is very good but it s just super boring.

Some days ago I was watching a streamer leveling a melee, he spent his time leaping and using some cleave ability in the packs. I felt so sad for him because it looked so underwhelming and boring to watch.
Last edited by Stanelis1 on Jan 27, 2020, 2:17:56 PM
"
Stanelis1 wrote:
"
Hirux wrote:

I don't know if you remember but people wanted GGG to buff other wander skills but GGG decided to nerf KB cuz it's much easier :) GGG balance team is lazy as fk

I only played during synthesis league when everyone was playing winter orb but got bored and left. I only came back because back then I wanted to try a necro and figured out now would be a good time.

However it isn't just an issue of balance here, after playing necro, other archetypes really feels lacking (aside from bow skills that feel reasonably good, aside from single target) on a fundamental level, and necro feels like it is in an awesome spot. Making necro irrelevant without reviewing the other archetypes would be like breaking what actually feels good and making the game less attractive (the developpers who coded the necro can feel proud because it is amazing, best summoner I ever played in a RPG), and it isn't a good thing.

As an example, I started to level an assassin to try cyclone CoC that looks like very fun. But the prospect of leveling it with frozen pulse is really resident sleeper and I m bored only thinking about it. Frozen pulse is very good but it s just super boring.

Agreed. But looking the past history u can bet that they will destroy necro (and buff again on poe2 to hype it). Its simply the easier and lazy route and since the beggining they were doing this. Although this time is far worse than before. Never have seen such a diference between archetypes and skills on cost x efficiency and like u said the fun factor.
They should rename this to the Zombie league!
"
Stanelis1 wrote:
"
Hirux wrote:

I only played during synthesis league when everyone was playing winter orb but got bored and left (now that was a very boring skill). I only came back because back then I wanted to try a necro and figured out now would be a good time.

However it isn't just an issue of balance here, after playing necro, other archetypes really feels lacking (aside from bow skills that feel reasonably good, aside from single target) on a fundamental level, and necro feels like it is in an awesome spot (so many cool toys available, and amazing QoL with persistent spectres). Making necro irrelevant without reviewing the other archetypes would be like breaking what actually feels good and making the game less attractive (the developpers who coded the necro can feel proud because it is amazing, best summoner I ever played in a RPG), and it isn't a good thing.

Some days ago I was watching a streamer leveling a melee, he spent his time leaping and using some cleave ability in the packs. I felt so sad for him because it looked so underwhelming and boring to watch.

You can lvl up with OOS (orb of storms ) It's much easier, faster and actually fun (for me at least)
mmm, am smelling you nerf, even if ur miles away
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/05/r60j.png

I love melee class but ranged/caster is more easy/money-maker/speed :(
I certainly don't think that the increased challenge completion is related to the rewards, but I also don't think that they're "easier" in terms of taking less skill, it's just that they usually fall into the following categories:

- 1) Trivial "are you playing at all".
- 2) Easy "are you interacting with the league mechanic".
- 3) Hard "do you have a build capable of beating the end-game".
- 4) Frustrating "luck-based crap shoot nonsense".

In most recent leagues there have been a clear 1/3 or so of the "challenges" that are in category 4, and this league I am pleased to see far less. I strongly suspect that this is why there's a greater proportion of challenge completion than normal.
"
Surprisingly, even though this dataset was taken 5 weeks into the league, we see unascended Witches as the most common class.

How can y'all post this with a straight face? You know they're bots. We know they're bots. Might as well just come straight out with the truth: 14% of active PoE accounts are bots and nothing is being done (or perhaps can be done) about it.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Last edited by Futchya on Jan 27, 2020, 3:33:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info