[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

I'm not OP obviously, but before I had the currency for Tranquility, I ran "Prodigal Perfection". Two Azure Oils at 1 C each and a Clear Oil at 0.5 alch. It upped my Average Hit DPS in POB the most for the value, although it's easily possible I missed something better for the cost.

Also, the main guide says Tempered Flesh but I assume he meant Transcendent Flesh Crimson Jewel socket'ed there, which is what I am using.
"
phoronid wrote:
Hey, just wanted to point out that your tree is right next to notable "Practical Application"- if you went there you would have 5 more strength and dex after removing 1 each of the + 30 strength and dex passives.

I got to my stats where I didn't need those taken, but it's a boon to your stats potentially.

Here's my pastebin. Pretty similar to your tree.

https://pastebin.com/imCeY7PE

Another thing to add, if you get a crusader base wand with "Arcane Surge On Crit Chance" you won't need a mana flask anymore, and it's a "more" damage buff besides surging your mana pool with mana constantly. I got a higher damage wand but felt the mana difference fast when I didn't have the surge buff.

Thanks for the guide!

So great catch on the first one. I mean i would probably try to fit in stats on gear too cuz 3 points can usually nab you something better than a single mod on a ring or ammy or something... That being said if you do the lazy tree route, this would net you 5 more str/dex and some avoid interruption while casting. Nothing major, but free stuff is free right?

For the second part arcane surge is great for the more spell dmg but i highly doubt level 1 arcane surge mana regen is going to cover all your mana problems. Mapping may not be a huge issue but single target spam is super important and dropping mana flask is not going to allow you to make up for this.

However there is a cluster jewel that i use for my trapper (and works for miner) where you gain arcane surge when your trap is triggered or mine is detonated. Literally AMAZING node. So this would give you arcane surge w/o having to get on a wand or use the gem.
So ive had a lot of fun with this build so far. My altas is dragging on and on so im just getting into red maps, but im still easily blowing through pretty much everything with just a few ex invested. Looking forward to seeing how far I can get before stalling out and needing big upgrades.

I am looking for some honest input though. Is this "main" character potential in 3.11 or more just a solid way to get to that char? While I know my gear has lots of room for improvement I am still not completely sold on if this build is where I want to put most of my effort and focus into this league.
I guess.. is this worth the currency to min/max and take to at least a mirrors worth of gear, or would my efforts be better spent else where with that budget goal?
and does anyone have an example of this level of char?

"
FoggyNights wrote:
So ive had a lot of fun with this build so far. My altas is dragging on and on so im just getting into red maps, but im still easily blowing through pretty much everything with just a few ex invested. Looking forward to seeing how far I can get before stalling out and needing big upgrades.

I am looking for some honest input though. Is this "main" character potential in 3.11 or more just a solid way to get to that char? While I know my gear has lots of room for improvement I am still not completely sold on if this build is where I want to put most of my effort and focus into this league.
I guess.. is this worth the currency to min/max and take to at least a mirrors worth of gear, or would my efforts be better spent else where with that budget goal?
and does anyone have an example of this level of char?

Obviously this guide was not made specifically for this league as seen by the items listed and the original post date. The level of gear you can get this league is much higher.

While any build will be amazing the more money you sink into it the only one who can answer that question is you yourself. How fun do you find the build? Do you want to play it for another month and min-max the hell out of it? Or do you want to play some headhunter bow build? Or something else entirely.

Every build ever will be worth spending the money to min-max if that is really the build you enjoy playing. That being said ALMOST every single build out there has "main" character potential. Not all but most.
Fair points lol. and I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your input. That was probably the fastest response ive ever got on this forum lol.
I just havent put serious time into a league since synthesis and then it was pretty much if you had the currency you were doing 1 of just a couple builds. I just started the league a few days ago and already seeing the huge crafting potential and its pulling me in hard so im thinking this could be a big league for me im just not used to there being so many viable options and tbh im a bit overwhelmed on where to go.

This is my first miner build and while I like the big hits to bosses its not quite as fluid mapping as what I normally play. The best way ive figured to do it so far is to just keep detonate on my left click so its always held down unless im stacking them up on bosses. I was considering using this as more of a bosser for guardians, sirus ect.. To you have any tips to make the build a bit more focused on that area?
Last edited by FoggyNights on Jul 14, 2020, 7:14:32 PM
"
FoggyNights wrote:
Fair points lol. and I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your input. That was probably the fastest response ive ever got on this forum lol.
I just havent put serious time into a league since synthesis and then it was pretty much if you had the currency you were doing 1 of just a couple builds. I just started the league a few days ago and already seeing the huge crafting potential and its pulling me in hard so im thinking this could be a big league for me im just not used to there being so many viable options and tbh im a bit overwhelmed on where to go.

This is my first miner build and while I like the big hits to bosses its not quite as fluid mapping as what I normally play. The best way ive figured to do it so far is to just keep detonate on my left click so its always held down unless im stacking them up on bosses. I was considering using this as more of a bosser for guardians, sirus ect.. To you have any tips to make the build a bit more focused on that area?

Single target is alrdy insane with this, putting detonate to left click/move only works great while mapping, but for bosses, just hold still spam flasks, hold right click and continue to hit D or w/e hotkey, not running out of mana and blowing up endless mines does a LOT of dmg.
Is the herald ring still best in slot? The ring got nerfed, last league I played with the mana reservation+buff effect one as I had aspect of the spider as well and I needed the extra mana. This league I really don't know, for now I got a mark of the shaper with an elder ring for the extra damage, but I still wonder if circle of regret would be better.

"
Nosferat wrote:
Is the herald ring still best in slot? The ring got nerfed, last league I played with the mana reservation+buff effect one as I had aspect of the spider as well and I needed the extra mana. This league I really don't know, for now I got a mark of the shaper with an elder ring for the extra damage, but I still wonder if circle of regret would be better.

No idea, but pretty easy to check in POB
"
phoronid wrote:
Hey, just wanted to point out that your tree is right next to notable "Practical Application"- if you went there you would have 5 more strength and dex after removing 1 each of the + 30 strength and dex passives.

I got to my stats where I didn't need those taken, but it's a boon to your stats potentially.

Here's my pastebin. Pretty similar to your tree.

https://pastebin.com/imCeY7PE

Another thing to add, if you get a crusader base wand with "Arcane Surge On Crit Chance" you won't need a mana flask anymore, and it's a "more" damage buff besides surging your mana pool with mana constantly. I got a higher damage wand but felt the mana difference fast when I didn't have the surge buff.

Thanks for the guide!

Hey - Thank you for your take on the build, helps me look at different options and things. I noticed in your POB config you have effect of shock at 40%, but I wasn't able to find where that number comes from. It adds a significant amount to the average hit, can you clarify where that comes from?

I am going to try swapping out my Minefield for Awakened Lighting Pen and see how that feels.

Update: Initially, it's easier to map with Minefield while sprinting through mobs with detonate on left click, so I'm starting to mess with swapping to using Awakened Lightning Pen on bosses. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's easier to throw 5 mines down at once using Minefield and continue sprinting through the map.
Last edited by zeddemore on Jul 15, 2020, 2:03:22 PM
I use a curse on hit conductivity Ring. If i run awakened Curse on hit with another Curse alongside Storm Brand and Culling Strike, does both Curses (the one from the Ring and the one in the Storm Brand Setup) get apllied?

Or is it not working, because they check curse limit separately?
Last edited by juckt_mich_0 on Jul 16, 2020, 9:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info