[3.9] Herald of Agony Juggernaut - Beginner friendly and detailed guide to unconventional marauders

Hi,

I have a small correction.

In the gem setup section you have the following CWDT setup:

Spirit Offering(8/20) => Projectile Weakness(6/20) => Cast when damage taken(2/0) => Desecrate(8/20)

It is better to put Dececrate before Spirit Offering. Desecrate spawns the corpses Spirit Offering consumes them. If Spirit Offering comes first and there are no corpses laying around, it won't trigger.

Another tip: You can switch out Pierce for Vile Toxins in bossfights for more single-target dps.
Just wanted to share that I'm really enjoying this build. Cozy, chill gameplay, facetanking big metamorphs, never dying all that jazz. Thanks OP

My gear

Spoiler
English is not my native language.
Hi,

For Cyclone, what is the reason why some people use Poison instead of Lesser Poison Support or Withering Touch?

With Poison Support, we have higher chance to poison, correct?
"
Hi,

For Cyclone, what is the reason why some people use Poison instead of Lesser Poison Support or Withering Touch?

With Poison Support, we have higher chance to poison, correct?

Because you need either physical or chaos damage to actually poison the enemy. Since Poison doesn't do either of those you can't poison the enemy(unless you have some other form of chaos/physical from somewhere).

Even with lesser poison you get 60% chance to poison on hit(20% from the hoag buff). That with cyclone + golden rule(if using it) will allow you to keep virulance up most of the time. Single targets can get a little tricky tho.
Last edited by junkypic011 on Feb 4, 2020, 2:54:08 AM
Hey started this build few days back. Yesterday did my uberlab and i am doing maps t10 and above and i am lvl 75. I am little above casual player. Used all my currency to get all my gears. Please do check them from my name please. Maxed all res including chaos, with 7.2khp almost. Had a fight yesterday in dig map with boss, it took like literally forever but anyway it was easy cuz he couldnt kill me. He resists chaos dmg so it took kind of long but as i spawned metamorph boss from him he ouregened my agony dmg i think cuz i was doing literally no dmg and hes doing little to no dmg to me. Today i am gonna try vile toxins as u mentioned for better single target dps. Can u tell me is there anything you want me to change or upgrade next or is everything fine. And check tree too if possible and thank you. Loving this build so far.
"
yoman9 wrote:
Hey started this build few days back. Yesterday did my uberlab and i am doing maps t10 and above and i am lvl 75. I am little above casual player. Used all my currency to get all my gears. Please do check them from my name please. Maxed all res including chaos, with 7.2khp almost. Had a fight yesterday in dig map with boss, it took like literally forever but anyway it was easy cuz he couldnt kill me. He resists chaos dmg so it took kind of long but as i spawned metamorph boss from him he ouregened my agony dmg i think cuz i was doing literally no dmg and hes doing little to no dmg to me. Today i am gonna try vile toxins as u mentioned for better single target dps. Can u tell me is there anything you want me to change or upgrade next or is everything fine. And check tree too if possible and thank you. Loving this build so far.

All you have is a Kaom's Hear, a Quick Silver flask and Cold Iron Point.

Not really much to tell ya about it.
Why do people use deathmark unlinked to HoAG? Gem text makes it seem like it only works when linked...
"
Brikker wrote:
Why do people use deathmark unlinked to HoAG? Gem text makes it seem like it only works when linked...

Deathmark Support is a support gem for minion skills which grants the supported minions more damage. The gem also grants the player the Deathmark skill, which can be targeted on an enemy to cause minions supported by Deathmark Support to focus attacking the target and gain more damage against the marked target.

The gem does 2 things. If linked it will add extra damage to the minion.

It also grants the Deathmark skill, which is a separate effect of the gem and does not need to be linked to the minion. When you place deathmark on a monster it will increase the damage it takes.
Hi, yesterday I hit my first ever level 100 with this build and also beat Uber Elder deathless.

Great build, see you next league!

Gear

Spoiler
English is not my native language.
Thanks, great guide and build, will put it together to see if it's something I'd enjoy come the new league.
Last edited by GreyBrainCell on Feb 23, 2020, 5:04:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info