[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

I hope they don't take the axe to CoC Ice Nova after this league. The utility is what makes it shine...great clear and chills/blinds all over (if using Pandemonius.) Single target is meh. Everything is peachy until you get a boss with critical strike resistance/life/ele resist and you're spinning for hours.

Selfcast hiero/guardian frostbolt/ice nova with Pledge of Hands was about double the damage of this build but I'd rather play this where I don't have to hit 2 buttons and aim.
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
"
LoboBR2017 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Sorry for the ignorance, but how can i get more than 40% CDR?

Boots + Belt + Awakened CoC

I guess it's not a problem that Awakened CoC only applies CDR to the 6L? I assume we come out ahead still.

For 7.5 APS at 14% CDR is the DPS formula:

(ChestNovaDamage x 2 x 7.5) + (CospriNovaDamage x 2 x 1/2 x 7.5)

2 since it triggers on 2 frost bolts, 1/2 in the Cospri part because it's the 2nd socketed spell so only triggers on alternate hits. Plus maybe some Frost Bolt damage but that's less reliable to hit I assume.
Thanks for this build! I rolled my own CoC Ice Nova back before the Cyclone change. Since the change, this feels SO much smoother.

I was inspired to do this build when I dropped a 500+ accuracy helmet, meaning I could reclaim some accuracy from the tree. I placed a Thread of Hope - Large Ring where you have your Transcendent Mind, which allows me to take Heart of Ice, Breath of Rime, and Light Eater for a huge damage / tankiness boost in just 3 points.

Edit: Looks like taking Utmost Intellect is also enabled by this gem. I tried it out and it actually gives me more ES than a 17% node in testing. I strongly recommend this for anyone who has the ability to forego the Transcendent Mind.
Last edited by AdamnMiller on Jan 20, 2020, 1:34:51 AM
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
Thanks for this build! I rolled my own CoC Ice Nova back before the Cyclone change. Since the change, this feels SO much smoother.

I was inspired to do this build when I dropped a 500+ accuracy helmet, meaning I could reclaim some accuracy from the tree. I placed a Thread of Hope - Large Ring where you have your Transcendent Mind, which allows me to take Heart of Ice, Breath of Rime, and Light Eater for a huge damage / tankiness boost in just 3 points.

Edit: Looks like taking Utmost Intellect is also enabled by this gem. I tried it out and it actually gives me more ES than a 17% node in testing. I strongly recommend this for anyone who has the ability to forego the Transcendent Mind.

I just crafted these gloves, do you think its enough to ditch transcendent mind jewel?
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
"
AdamnMiller wrote:

I just crafted these gloves, do you think its enough to ditch transcendent mind jewel?

My only source of increased Accuracy is my helmet that grants me ~550, and I have a 96% chance to hit. It feels fine for me. You'd probably be fine with these.
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
"
AdamnMiller wrote:

My only source of increased Accuracy is my helmet that grants me ~550, and I have a 96% chance to hit. It feels fine for me. You'd probably be fine with these.

Would you mind sharing your Pob? Thank you very much
Thank you very much for this Guide/Build

I really like the CoC playstyle and wanted to try a more "tanky" approach (and no dual Cospri - did that already).

Right now i have the Question, what we have to do to not need the Crit Support gem.

Ofc we use it to maximize our crit chance, but i looked at several poe.ninja players, and the majority of them is NOT using this Support gem.
Instead they go for a more dmg Gem (which i would prefer aswell, since more dmg is sometimes better then just be tanky).

As far as i can see, it comes from the Bottled Faith Flask.
But i very curious what else we could do to let go of that Support gem.

(if you look at my char, i still have to change a lot of other stuff, e.g. lower my aps since i am slightly over 7.5 aps...)

With Thread of Hope you can also put one Skillpoint out, which leads to Arcane Focus. You can skill it now without a connection.

You can also skill Arcanist Dominion:
+20 to Intelligence
5% increased Cast Speed
20% increased Spell Damage
20% Increased Armour

Btw. why are we not skilling Lethal Assault?
Did all content deathless and moved on to another build, still have couple pieces on sell if someone want you can PM me :)

"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:

Would you mind sharing your Pob? Thank you very much

PoB won't import it due to the Threads of Hope (I think?) and I really don't want to manually recreate it. My account is public, so you can see my skill tree here. Character is _Shadow______

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AdamnMiller/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info