[3.9] Sidefx Shattering Steel - Shotguns are fun!

"
sirdond wrote:
What's the difference between this and the early version did by FastAF? Same items, same ascendancy, same tree.

None... But luckily for us, FastAF pushed the build to a beast one compared to this early version.
"
HeretikA wrote:
"
sirdond wrote:
What's the difference between this and the early version did by FastAF? Same items, same ascendancy, same tree.

None... But luckily for us, FastAF pushed the build to a beast one compared to this early version.

The difference is this is a guide and not a showcase. also no one "owns" a build. So lose that mentality. You don't see me going at fivrs for frostblades. And yes he did release a video (AFTER this guide was made) that has insane end game gear. Gl getting it. This version can do t16;s easy and the bosses. also even at 10EX is the most some people see.
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
The difference is this is a guide and not a showcase. also no one "owns" a build. So lose that mentality. You don't see me going at fivrs for frostblades. And yes he did release a video (AFTER this guide was made) that has insane end game gear. Gl getting it. This version can do t16;s easy and the bosses. also even at 10EX is the most some people see.

I did not criticize your will to make a full guide about this build. Actually I'm glad you made it cause it filled some gaps and gave some explanations not in FastAF first POB (posted 5 days before your guide, whoops)

Anyway, I'm eager to see how you'll evolve your build 'cause it is gonna probably be my next char.
Played something like this for a bit. It's extremely fun but I don't particularly enjoy the bit where I need to stand directly on top of Metamorphs. Still selling some bits from it if anyone is interested. I think I will probably respec this glad into something ranged.

To be honest. The end game stuff FAF used is the direction. Very good idea to look that way. Ill prob aim for that gear and just add it to the guide as a solid path. He did a very good job tbh. but yea he doesn't make guides so might as well share the path toward it.
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Jan 7, 2020, 5:47:17 PM
Just wanna add my comment of I seen FAF video as well and came to the forums looking for an actual guide. Gonna give this a whirl and see how it plays. Thanks for writing out the guide and epic drawing skills> xD
Hey Sidefx,

Just popping by to say a word of thanks on a written build guide! Yes there are similarities with FastAF but no one owns a build, and I’m appreciative of the guide you’ve done up for us to refer to! I’m using both your written guide and FastAF’s YouTube video to complement each other and figure out this build and what works best!

So keep up the good work! :)
Hey, how do you deal with mana costs?
FastAF uses - mana cost on his gear but that's not on yours. For budget he recommends thief's torment, but you also don't use that. Don't you run oom very quickly when you can't leech, like in invu phases?

Currently looking to gear my char for maps that I followed your build. And that would be an important point to know.
I have been busy but you can follow my char gear. I started using Thief's Torment. and Don't reserve HoP but I have not played the build for a week now. Had no interest to play atm. (hard times irl)
"
5argan wrote:
Hey, how do you deal with mana costs?
For budget he recommends thief's torment, but you also don't use that.

I used Thief's Torment until I started to run tier 8 maps and above, at this point, the fire power and the elem res seemed lacking (ok I'm just lvl 72 but mehhh)

At this point I switched for High res rings (chaos included) and grabbed gloves with mana leech (0.33% of phy dmg). It sustains the cost of skills with ease.

All and all, some mana leech from stuff or passives do the job. The real issue is to get enough Int. I had to take some passive nods to fill my needs (Armor/Eva stuff, so it's hard to get Int on it)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info