[GodOfFire] Burning Arrow - Updated

Uploading video, cant record in a 6 man party because fraps will lag way to hard... Already got problems in a 4 man party. Getting new pc tomorrow then I'll try again!

ENJOY
"
Struyk wrote:
Uploading video, cant record in a 6 man party because fraps will lag way to hard... Already got problems in a 4 man party. Getting new pc tomorrow then I'll try again!

ENJOY

Or you can ask me to come along and fraps it for you. I have a beast of a computer. I even 6-box Age of Conan on HIGH with one PC so yea...not big a deal for me. I'd just have to reinstall Fraps :3!
Given the information I now know about how LITTLE +% to "Crit Chance" actually effects your character, and how LOW a chance it actually is to do a critical strike I decided to completely REMOVE all +% to crit damage from your build in favor of a "PURE" DPS build where damage is "constant" rather than a rough chance you'll get a CRIT that applies +200% or so to the damage modifier.

Note: The 72k DPS Burning Arrow build is STILL 72k dps as the +% to Crit DAMAGE did NOT modify his weapon to show 72k DPS. I noticed this as I kept equipping & unequipping +% to Crit damage that the DPS number never changed. (ie: it was probably a 140k DPS Burning Arrow build when it crit 5% of the time).

This build I've done is based around your concept of a "Burning Arrow" Templar Archer. HOWEVER, I took the liberty of replacing the crappy +% to HP with a Chaos Innoc ES build. We all know how NICE "Energy Shield" builds are, but how badly these ES focused builds will effect DPS.

HOWEVER, this ES/Burning Arrow build will EASILY reach 8k ES with moderate gear, and around 12k with NICE ES gear.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAJbF5wWqm1UHJsqWB3e_bQqoMR0UFSRXFl5YaReHlYcYum2EGkPqVxvOTk0kWJ8tKkO51yu4tE4vekoxL9VPYj-eX01JRzicSwYla1rVbVddrW-vZRFytWfuCeppgWlMbtjt_ncAFgl8hsoZfMAh3nz20Jp9oNRAf6rIHv6L4q7lY9BUm_AqxZktYbeVhJIu5K_cDpbVBHqAyTPVqgU6Vu527s_xO4o-srdpzrNT7AuEmCbz_HO6wrHb0_bDBzLn5E26SoXKd63qjuqY1VlORtfWqHKqDgowx0GqlrnlP72GfSmytPZV4YTXHBLrYAuN2GapJdR8MYvgS2y2w6tJH5zFRM2qFnYGvSG7Vs3KZmPdR4vN_Zht0_U5uo-qhlujnCM8rOOGwCeX1McG-F-yM4ADGIi1xbsIyACC2ZD1XwOlnjLCl86N8Q==

Thoughts :)?

ps: Take note that by removing +% to crit damage I was able to get a LOT more +% to accuracy nodes and even increase the amount of dex AND str from your previous build. This means that not only will you do more "Pure" DPS over time, but you'll be FAR more accurate even without +Accuracy gear :)!
Last edited by Braxton on Apr 14, 2012, 3:03:26 PM
My build is made for crit damage and health, what you are tryimg has nice tank but mayby 20% of my dps? 3 crit flasks is all you need for 100% crit chance in 4 man party.
"
Braxton wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

ENJOY

Or you can ask me to come along and fraps it for you. I have a beast of a computer. I even 6-box Age of Conan on HIGH with one PC so yea...not big a deal for me. I'd just have to reinstall Fraps :3!

Nothimg wrong with my pc, just frapsing in 6 man party seems impossible and i get black content when i upload to movie maker.
So 1/3 per second * 4 seconds = 4/3 of fire damage.
+ 130% bonus from passives = 4/3 * 2.3 = 9.2/3 of fire damage.

math checker...

4/3 ~= 1.3

so

1.3 * 2.3 = 3.06 NOT 9.67

so if your base fire damage before bonuses is 100...you'll be doing 306 over 4 seconds with burn.

which means it might be good to get the 100% burn damage passives :)

"
Flair wrote:
So 1/3 per second * 4 seconds = 4/3 of fire damage.
+ 130% bonus from passives = 4/3 * 2.3 = 9.2/3 of fire damage.

math checker...

4/3 ~= 1.3

so

1.3 * 2.3 = 3.06 NOT 9.67

so if your base fire damage before bonuses is 100...you'll be doing 306 over 4 seconds with burn.

which means it might be good to get the 100% burn damage passives :)

Ok ill explain in a way that you can understand.
Base burn damage is 1/3 of fire damage a second for 4 seconds so 4/3 of total fire damage extra. I get +130% damage from passives so * 2.3 = 9.2/3 in total damage. I also get more added damage and duration from gems but my fingers hurt from typing on my ipod. But yes, my base damage is about 8k fire damage so about another 25k gets added as an aoe burn.
When i crit its that * 5.5 or something so insane damage.
Last edited by Struyk on Apr 15, 2012, 6:32:47 AM
Dunno Struyk. What I'm trying to say is that your posted ScreenShot of "72k" dps is NOT being affected by your crit dmg multipliers for passives. Meaning, that you're doing a LOT more than 72k dps when you pop a crit flask. Additionally, I've seen 10k dps builds wipe the FLOOR with chaos. So, it's not very "good" of a build if you're OVER dpsing what's currently in the game by a factor of 5, but leaving yourself completely brittle.

Even 2k HP is pretty crappy.

Just my 2cents :3! I also re-added AOF, but the build itself is fairly stable without it, just is only half your dps without AOF.
I have a question about avoiding getting trapped or surrounded. With my character I can easily shield charge out of the pack. Lets say you are on fairgraves and get closed in, is there a way to get through them? I ask cause I don't want to try an archer and get myself killed if I accidentally get myself cornered and can't kill fast enough for some reason.
"
Braxton wrote:
Dunno Struyk. What I'm trying to say is that your posted ScreenShot of "72k" dps is NOT being affected by your crit dmg multipliers for passives. Meaning, that you're doing a LOT more than 72k dps when you pop a crit flask. Additionally, I've seen 10k dps builds wipe the FLOOR with chaos. So, it's not very "good" of a build if you're OVER dpsing what's currently in the game by a factor of 5, but leaving yourself completely brittle.

Even 2k HP is pretty crappy.

Just my 2cents :3! I also re-added AOF, but the build itself is fairly stable without it, just is only half your dps without AOF.

Come back when you got some more experience lol....
I got 12k dps without crit flask ( visable on skill tooltip ) when I pop crit flask i get 79kdps ( also visable on skill tooltip ) so why are you saying this?

Also 79k is still not enough, I only play in 6 man chaos party with 5 leechers so mobs got insane hp, most of the rares dont die with 1 crit flask.

"
SEOINAGE wrote:
I have a question about avoiding getting trapped or surrounded. With my character I can easily shield charge out of the pack. Lets say you are on fairgraves and get closed in, is there a way to get through them? I ask cause I don't want to try an archer and get myself killed if I accidentally get myself cornered and can't kill fast enough for some reason.

Phase run and 30% movement speed boots and ur gone :D
Last edited by Struyk on Apr 16, 2012, 3:08:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info