[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

+ the large/2 medium socket as suggested

why do I feel so squishy? stuff looks at me and I'm dead :/

did anyone ever consider going guardian with mana vault/shavs lowlife?
Is the DPS and survivability heavily noticeable from Perfect Form to Farrul's?
"
falagar112 wrote:

That's my biggest gripe with the direction the build is taking right now. There's too much focus on DPS at the price of ehp in a league that is more dangerous than was metamorph.

Compared to last league premium build (or even budget) the current build has something like 2.5k EHP missing. Also consider the fact the ES leech is really weak so if you take sustained damage, most of the time you can't even count your ES in your EHP pool.

I was looking at solving that issue using large cluster jewel with life nodes but sadly the life passives are only on small clusters :/

Don't get me wrong the build is still strong, awakener was a joke with my current stuff which is far from ideal (and I still don't have a watcher's eye) but really lacks against shotgunning stuff (Baran spell, Al-Hezim added mobs) but also against large packs with quick spell casting (such as baran mobs or delirium packs who fires a arc like spell).

Also Farrul's dodge buff only has a 50% uptime which is really not appealing to me the more I look at it but I don't see much more alternatives aside a rare chest life focused.
Last edited by ploxirion on Mar 24, 2020, 10:18:05 AM
"
ploxirion wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

That's my biggest gripe with the direction the build is taking right now. There's too much focus on DPS at the price of ehp in a league that is more dangerous than was metamorph.

Compared to last league premium build (or even budget) the current build has something like 2.5k EHP missing. Also consider the fact the ES leech is really weak so if you take sustained damage, most of the time you can't even count your ES in your EHP pool.

I was looking at solving that issue using large cluster jewel with life nodes but sadly the life passives are only on small clusters :/

Don't get me wrong the build is still strong, awakener was a joke with my current stuff which is far from ideal (and I still don't have a watcher's eye) but really lacks against shotgunning stuff (Baran spell, Al-Hezim added mobs) but also against large packs with quick spell casting (such as baran mobs or delirium packs who fires a arc like spell).

Also Farrul's dodge buff only has a 50% uptime which is really not appealing to me the more I look at it but I don't see much more alternatives aside a rare chest life focused.

that is why I am considering giving guardian a try. The huge amount of armour in that build might just make the difference. DPS is a non-issue anyways.
"
I think it's worth considering running a 1 jewel socket large cluster in favor of having more passives to allot elsewhere and to craft a pair of gloves like these (I didn't have the currency to risk an annul on the phys mana leech):

Those gloves are indeed nuts. However if you were to get that you would still run 2 jewel socket large cluster, and just place a normal jewel in the 2nd socket. Normal jewels are ridiculously OP, people tend to forget that when looking at cluster jewels.

I was generally unwilling to mess with gloves too much last league. Basically too many slots were "locked in" with regards to res/str/dex/suffix requirements (fossilcrafted helm, assassin's mark ring, tailwind boots). I considered gloves and belts as the primary res/str/dex-fulfilling slots. However this league with the -9% nearby fossilcraft rework, an 85+ ice nova enchanted helm base is 20ex+ (currently 28ex lol). So now I might look into better gloves and using helm as the res/str/dex-fulfiller. (It would still be enchanted, just not 85+, we'd ditch the -9% mod.)

"
falagar112 wrote:

you are missing clarity 10% MoM watcher's eye (they are not that expensive)
also not survivability related, but your Ice Nova should be 21 and your Pandemonius should be 20% turbulent catalyst, these are basically free DPS.

"
ploxirion wrote:

Compared to last league premium build (or even budget) the current build has something like 2.5k EHP missing.

We did get slightly squishier just b/c the cluster jewel nodes are so valuable. But I'm not sure where you're getting the 2.5k number from. My current character is 4.2k life 4.2k mana 2.5k ES for almost 11k EHP. The premium build POB has 12k EHP. I can gain some HP through gear optimizations + passive skill points from 96-100 as well.

DPS may be a non-issue for most content, but try running a T16 with max delirium. If your build is not pretty well advanced, you will struggle hard with DPS. I've seen maxed-out giga OP builds fail Blight on max delirium T16.
Last edited by Arcinde on Mar 24, 2020, 3:56:46 PM
Any advice on buying the doryani's timeless? I have never tried buying/using timeless jewels before, and I bought a couple but both were shit so I resold.

Is it just a matter of buying and then testing?
They transmit, we receive.
"
Arcinde wrote:
"
I think it's worth considering running a 1 jewel socket large cluster in favor of having more passives to allot elsewhere and to craft a pair of gloves like these (I didn't have the currency to risk an annul on the phys mana leech):

Those gloves are indeed nuts. However if you were to get that you would still run 2 jewel socket large cluster, and just place a normal jewel in the 2nd socket. Normal jewels are ridiculously OP, people tend to forget that when looking at cluster jewels.

I was generally unwilling to mess with gloves too much last league. Basically too many slots were "locked in" with regards to res/str/dex/suffix requirements (fossilcrafted helm, assassin's mark ring, tailwind boots). I considered gloves and belts as the primary res/str/dex-fulfilling slots. However this league with the -9% nearby fossilcraft rework, an 85+ ice nova enchanted helm base is 20ex+ (currently 28ex lol). So now I might look into better gloves and using helm as the res/str/dex-fulfiller. (It would still be enchanted, just not 85+, we'd ditch the -9% mod.)

"
falagar112 wrote:

you are missing clarity 10% MoM watcher's eye (they are not that expensive)
also not survivability related, but your Ice Nova should be 21 and your Pandemonius should be 20% turbulent catalyst, these are basically free DPS.

"
ploxirion wrote:

Compared to last league premium build (or even budget) the current build has something like 2.5k EHP missing.

We did get slightly squishier just b/c the cluster jewel nodes are so valuable. But I'm not sure where you're getting the 2.5k number from. My current character is 4.2k life 4.2k mana 2.5k ES for almost 11k EHP. The premium build POB has 12k EHP. I can gain some HP through gear optimizations + passive skill points from 96-100 as well.

DPS may be a non-issue for most content, but try running a T16 with max delirium. If your build is not pretty well advanced, you will struggle hard with DPS. I've seen maxed-out giga OP builds fail Blight on max delirium T16.

fixed catalysts and 21 ice nova. Will save up a little for a MoM jewel, is it that much of a difference?
Yes, for Glorious Vanity there isn't really a better way than buying & trying a lot of them.

10% MoM from Watcher's Eye is significant yes. Say you have 4.5k life.
* If you have 40% MoM then up to 3k mana counts towards your EHP.
* If you have 50% MoM then up to 4.5k mana counts towards your EHP.
So that's a 1.5k EHP gain. Obviously that 1.5k mana won't come for free but generally it's easier to find more mana than more life.
Would love to see a video of someone killing Kosis on 100% delirium in simulacrum or t16 map with this build. All my encounters ended up with him two shotting me.
Last edited by HanibAAAl on Mar 25, 2020, 5:56:46 AM
Does anyone else have an issue with mana regen? I'm currently shopping around for a 10% mom watchers eye to increase my tankyness by a bit, but honestly i'm on low mana so often that I'm wondering if its not a better idea to instead go with one of the options like "X% chance to restore 10% of mana when you cast a spell while using clarity" options instead. My mana flask is terribly slow at recovering mana.

"
HanibAAAl wrote:
Would love to see a video of someone killing Kosis on 100% delirium in simulacrum or t16 map with this build. All my encounters ended up with him two shotting me.

I don't have a video, but I have done it on a 100% hydra map. Mind you it was very difficult, and I went down to my last portal.

100% t16 Kosis is substantially harder than wave 20 Kosis, having killed both of them several times

Last edited by Hypershot1 on Mar 25, 2020, 6:13:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info