[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Moethelion wrote:
"
The_Fatness wrote:
How much money do you have in the build if you don't mind me asking? Is it hard to play if you aren't very good at the game?

My gear is about 100 ex I would say.

If this build costs 100 ex, I should give up now.
What gems do i use in 5 link?
Just a quick question about the doryani's jewel.
Is it offering extra tankyness?

Also I try to understand how much mana should we have unreserved.
I am close to 5k mana but what's the point of keeping it all free since MoM is only 40% of a hit.
Just linked farul's fur by accident, trying to get 5-link.
I can use it with 5-link cold snap + 5 link frost bomb or just sell it.
I don't know what to do now.
Last edited by facegen0 on Dec 28, 2019, 3:21:45 PM
This build is strong, but it feels sooooo slow. You have to cast frostbolt and then can only kill the stuff the frostbolt flies over.

Maybe if I hadn't played zoom zoom summoner I wouldn't feel this way, but the build feels so slow to clear maps
"
pro17 wrote:
Just a quick question about the doryani's jewel.
Is it offering extra tankyness?

Also I try to understand how much mana should we have unreserved.
I am close to 5k mana but what's the point of keeping it all free since MoM is only 40% of a hit.

IRC the amount you want unreserved is equal to your 40% of your HP + ES. Given how fast mana regenerates I don't know if you would need more for any particular reason. That said I don't know what you would want to reserve. Discipline is a bit hungry at 35%, but maybe doable. Herald of Ice and other dps reserves seem a bit pointless on this build since it melts everything.
"
The_Fatness wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
The_Fatness wrote:
How much money do you have in the build if you don't mind me asking? Is it hard to play if you aren't very good at the game?

My gear is about 100 ex I would say.

If this build costs 100 ex, I should give up now.

I have about 2EX worth of gear, just carried a friend through grandmasters with one death (I got cocky) and am STEAMROLLING early to mid red maps.

Price stuff comes from upgrades.

6 link pledge of hands.
6 link farrul fur
The Pandemonius

None of those are strictly necessary.
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401
"
Kurnis wrote:
This build is strong, but it feels sooooo slow. You have to cast frostbolt and then can only kill the stuff the frostbolt flies over.

Maybe if I hadn't played zoom zoom summoner I wouldn't feel this way, but the build feels so slow to clear maps

Cant you shoot frost bolts and cast nova then move toward the next pack? Even as a skele summoner when I zoom into packs I have to wait a second for my summons to catch up and explode everything. This should play the same but in reverse.

Cast/Cast-->Zoom. Only head back if you see something juicy fall.
Actually on a related note, does anyone doing this build have a video of clearing t16 red maps? Maybe Chimera + Metamorphs. Kind of curious how quickly this might clear compared to other builds I'm weighing this against.
edit :: wrong thread
Last edited by Shankhook on Dec 28, 2019, 9:47:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info