[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Ice Nova:

No longer has 20% less Area of Effect when Cast on Frostbolt or adds Cold Damage against Chilled Enemies. It also can no longer expand from up to 2 Frostbolt Projectiles.
It now Deals 23 to 34 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (previously 18 to 26), scaling up to 998 to 1481 Cold Damage at gem level 20 (previously 769 to 1130). It also now has 230% Effectiveness of Added Damage (previously 190%).
Quality now provides +0-0.3 metres to radius, instead of 0-10% increased Area of Effect.

So huge Ice Nova Buff (30% more and more Effectivness).

But no more castable on frostbolt. So I hope there is a Trans Gem which enables it again. As of right now its dead :D

Also no more stun avoidance on boots, so stun immunity needs to be put somwhere else.
Last edited by Bargosh on Dec 2, 2023, 8:17:06 AM
So from that wording can no longer expand from upto 2 forst bolt projectiles guessing it will from 1 projectile?

If thats the case would it be classed as each individual cast will still emit ice nova? Just cant have lmp/gmp ect but single frost bolt cast then ice nova?

If thats the case slower projectile would give decent overlap for single target damage as the frost bolt would travel closer together.

Will need to test it on league start.
WOOOOO ICE NOVA of FROSTBOLTS HYPE :D
The gem dmg by itself was nerfed (big time) but now it can expend from 4 frostbolts and has 50% more dmg from hits and ailments when cast from frostball.

Im not sure how to properly calculate it , but looks like it should be good ?
IGN: Summonium
Last edited by Eranicus on Dec 5, 2023, 5:02:27 PM
I tried editing the gem in PoB to get it to the correct stats. Definitely wasn't completely accurate, but from what I did it seems like it'll be good. Idk, lemme know if someone else who is better at this can get solid numbers.
It should be very similar amount of damage per ice nova but now we have double the novas. So 2x dps if we can get all the novas to hit. Very slightly smaller area of effect.

Unless I'm missing something we got giga juiced. Path of exile -> login.
As i see the hype for the new gems, as a noob, i want to understand one thing:

If im leaguestarting, i will have to get the proper transfigured gem version for the build to work.
Do we assume we have to buy it from trade or just farm ice nova gems in labs (normal-> mercs) to get the proper version and then continue with building?

Can anyone explain the process how one would plan this?
"
dopplerpl wrote:
As i see the hype for the new gems, as a noob, i want to understand one thing:

If im leaguestarting, i will have to get the proper transfigured gem version for the build to work.
Do we assume we have to buy it from trade or just farm ice nova gems in labs (normal-> mercs) to get the proper version and then continue with building?

Can anyone explain the process how one would plan this?

Safe way to do it would be to start another templar (hiero but with totems, srs guardian or some caster inquisitor) and tough it out until a gem appears on trade, or you get lucky and roll one in one of your labs. Or try other spells as caster hiero, tree is not really cold-specific and there's a lot of gems to try now.

Chances are other people will get some in their labs with stuff like "change blue gem to a random transfigured gem of same color" quickly, but who knows.
Last edited by Prypcio on Dec 6, 2023, 7:47:18 AM
"
Safe way to do it would be to start another templar (hiero but with totems, srs guardian or some caster inquisitor) and tough it out until a gem appears on trade, or you get lucky and roll one in one of your labs. Or try other spells as caster hiero, tree is not really cold-specific and there's a lot of gems to try now.

Chances are other people will get some in their labs with stuff like "change blue gem to a random transfigured gem of same color" quickly, but who knows.

So what are people suggesting to leaguestart then? any top picks?
Pretty sure there was an option to turn a gem into one of its transfigured versions. But no clue on which lab that will start showing up/how rare.
Last edited by KillerKookie on Dec 6, 2023, 8:36:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info