[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Ok, so now that the patch notes are out, and having some healthy assumptions that new implicits will have some flat damage to spells (well, at the cost of not having any influence)... We lookin good?

I miss this build since I last played it in 3.13. All of this gives me hope.
Last edited by VyersReaver on Jan 27, 2022, 8:50:13 PM
I thought the issues were with Mana since the changes?

Also is this build going to be viable for a league starter?
I'm league starting this build (and I've played it...a lot). I think mana is okay with Inspiration and using an instant mana flask instead of enduring. I might also use Determination + (V)MS + recover mana when you use a guard skill, but we'll see.
I've had similar experiences, mana was more than fine with Inspiration which is very comparable in damage to other supports. The problem was just that the build did no damage last patch. But with the new patch notes it looks pretty promising right now.
This was my own attempt at a low life ivory tower build with trinity.
I've liked trinity in the past as it's super easy to keep up.
I'm very interested in the buffs that the build gets in 3.17 as it was my favorite build in 3.13 and 3.14.

https://pastebin.com/ftq2PvK5
Didn't a lot of the defenses of the build also get hit pretty hard? When I played it before I always enjoyed how sturdy of a build it was. How are defenses looking nowadays?
"
KillerKookie wrote:
Didn't a lot of the defenses of the build also get hit pretty hard? When I played it before I always enjoyed how sturdy of a build it was. How are defenses looking nowadays?

The build's defenses before were Pandemonius blind, a big raw health (in the form of HP + 50% MoM) pool, either freezing or killing everything very quickly such that you never got hit, and high recovery in the form of life + ES leech and Cinderswallow. You'll probably end up losing some HP/mana, blind is useless, and I'm not a fan of Cinderswallow anymore since you can only choose one of life/mana/ES for recovery. I plan on swapping out the Cinderswallow for a granite flask, running Determination in an Essence Worm, and using the new Blessing support for Zealotry (or some other offensive aura).
Last edited by RoflsALot on Jan 28, 2022, 10:58:56 AM
This is the only build I've ever played to 100, and I'm extremely interested to see how it does this patch. The biggest concerns I've got personally is whether Heirophant is still good enough to be the play and how we get enough recovery with Cinderswallow in the gutter. We get a ton of AoE and some scaling from mana, but how does that compare to say occultist?

At the moment I'm planning on trying this at some point next patch, likely with Determination in an essence worm and Zealotry or Hatred linked with Divine Blessing.
I almost didnt played 3.16 after the build was nerfed by ~70% of its damage, GGG has a great balance team!

Today did some tests on my lv100 in standard on t16 bosses and 300+ mine. Damage suck after nerfs but as for survivability a see no reasons to change anything or adding determination or anything else. If you know how to play this build and if damage will be "comparable" to how it was, its almost imposible to die (if you are geared ofc.)

IGN: Summonium
Last edited by Eranicus on Jan 28, 2022, 10:20:15 PM
I think you're underestimating how big of an unseen defensive layer the old blind was--50% chance to avoid all hits was kinda nuts. Besides, with how much they buffed Determination last league, it seems criminal to me not to include it in any build that can get some armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info