[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Mentalmike wrote:
I really cant seem to hack this build. Its extremely difficult to do Heists on. The balls dont go through the doors, they seem to bug out and cant kill anyone through them, despite best efforts to be in line with the opening. Second I step through it is instagib, which is expected. Some heists it works fine, others it doesnt.

Biggest problem is the stun lock. Any tips around that? The biggest challenge is any ranged enemy as they tend to fire first before the balls get to them, so they hit, stun and I cant use Ice Nova to kill.

Using Steelskin and immortal call with cast when damage taken set up.

Any ideas how to stop stun lock?

You need a lot more health, should use a basalt instead of a second health flash and properly roll your flasks. For comparison I have 4.7k hp, 1.5k es and 4k mana. You also don't have uber ascendancy which provides a ton of benefits (Power and Endurance charges).

For heists I throw a void sphere down and prefire balls into the doorway. you really only need 1 or 2 to get in and everything should freeze/die.
Replica Farrul's is more than just a little bit more expensive. It is several orders of magnitude worse than a normal Farrul's unless you have a Cold Conduction + Stormrider medium cluster (4-5ex), as you will have no source of power charge generation against bosses otherwise.
I would disagree, I think Replica Farrul's is better than regular. For this build, consistent max endurance charges is both harder to obtain and more valuable than power charges. It pairs great with Immortal Call giving us lots of phys reduction which shores up one of the biggest weaknesses of spellcasters.

By the way you can craft a Cold Conduction + Stormrider easily with Frigid + Metallic Fossils. I didn't realize this until yesterday unfortunately so people have probably wasted a lot of alts. The info is on the slides now though.
playing your build right now and really enjoying it!
Was wondering if you have any recommendation to sacrifice some damage for tankyness!
my computer and internet are very slow so having a buffer can be crucial.
I was thinking glancing blows but it did get nerfed into the ground.
thanks
Enjoying this build a second time this league after did it first in Metamorph. Cluster and the other leagues brought in enough new stuff to give it another try :)

Currently can clear everything more or less easily. Sirus aw8 mostly deathless (I still think this build is not a 'sirus killer' as you have to move a lot and this doesnt make it easy for us to hit him). Still have somne upgrades to go:

1) Get frenzy on hit chest (I like this more than farruls, as you can get a lot from life as extra ES craft and resists here; ideally on a temple base but this is hard to hit...)
2) Tailwind boots (and stun-immunity!)
3) Level aw hextouch to lvl 5
4) Second Essence worm and hatred
5) More cluster + Better Jewels

Most of the time I only die to bad positioning at doors where my frostbolts dont release and I freeze in place... Contracts and blueprints are no issue anymore at least if run without killer mods.

I made one important change compared to your suggested build: I included the new Vitality aura (reserves only ~350 on level 20 instead of 50%) as it provides around 270 life regeneration and I felt always squishy if I got hit while running away mostly in Heists. This change helped a lot!
Furthermore it allowed me to include a watchers eye with:

7% of Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity
+30 Life gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality

Life on hit adds another level of survivabilty as we have no overleech.

Close to 2kk Ice Nova dps currently and with the upcomming upgrades probably a lot more. Here is my PoB for anyone interested: https://pastebin.com/VTnwr4YM

Thanks for the build a second time!

Im confused on why we use gmp on frostbolt since on my char ice nova can only cast from 2 frostbolts. is this correct or am i missing an item
"
Mentalmike wrote:

Any ideas how to stop stun lock?

There is a 90% stun resistance if you have killed recently boot enchant. And a major god with "You can get only stunned once in 2 seconds"

It's no immunity, but should help against locks.
Is the new armor Expeditions End a good option for this build?Looks OP
"
Arcinde wrote:
I would disagree, I think Replica Farrul's is better than regular. For this build, consistent max endurance charges is both harder to obtain and more valuable than power charges. It pairs great with Immortal Call giving us lots of phys reduction which shores up one of the biggest weaknesses of spellcasters.

By the way you can craft a Cold Conduction + Stormrider easily with Frigid + Metallic Fossils. I didn't realize this until yesterday unfortunately so people have probably wasted a lot of alts. The info is on the slides now though.

Hard to tell , I used 35 sets of fossils without result and ended up using alterations , took me approx 200 alteration.
IGN: Summonium
Sorry this could be a dumb question but how does this build generate power charges? Is it from the Stormrider medium cluster?
Last edited by Slootysloot on Sep 25, 2020, 4:41:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info