[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Anyone knows what is the ripple effect under the balls from Frostbolt skill? Like ground is wawing under the balls.How can we get that?You can check gif in first page or in his videos.
Nymere, that was the old visual effects of ice nova. GGG changed the visual effects of the skill to what we have now. I personally loved the old one significantly more than the new one.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the frostbolt MTX that is black hole.
Last edited by GrizzlyMonster on Apr 3, 2020, 5:46:04 PM
Is this build better in 3.10 with cluster jewels than just sticking to the tree? I've got all the gear and damage is awesome against anything other than biggest boss, but dying still happens somewhat often. Are the clusters worth going into for the damage? (I have all the left side clusters exactly the same). What would make this thing more tanky and unkillable beside positioning better? Thanks for inputs
"
feigenstaub wrote:

Now I saw your endgame pob and it goes off. I see you didnt went into widespread destruction. May I ask why you want it on the jewel then?
Or do I miss something else?

Essentially, large cluster jewels are most efficient when we only have to take the two notables on the way to our jewel sockets. The notables on the large cold cluster jewels (with the very important exception of Blanketed Snow) are not generally worth two extra skill points to access since our tree is super tight.

What that means is we want our two best notables (Blanketed Snow + one other) immediately to the left and right of the starting passive on the cluster rather than directly across. That allows us to only take 5 passives on the entire cluster (including our 2 jewel sockets) and ignore the final notable entirely.

Generally speaking, players (OP and myself included) would like Prismatic Heart as the other taken notable besides Blanketed Snow since it's decent for damage and gives us a little bit of flexibility with our resists elsewhere. The problem is, in order to get both Blanketed Snow and Prismatic Heart positioned directly to the left and right of the starting passive in the cluster, we need to have Widespread Destruction as the other notable. Some factor I am not aware of (name maybe?) determines the order of the notables in a cluster and Widespread Destruction happens to be the only one that positions Blanketed Snow and Prismatic Heart the way we want.

Now, if you're willing to use a notable alongside Blanketed Snow besides Prismatic Heart, your options for your third notable open up quite a bit. OP rightly suggests Corrosive Elements or Sadist as decent alternatives to Prismatic Heart. In both of their cases, instead of just Widespread Destruction, Doryani's Lesson and Disorienting Display will position your notables as desired.

This means the "Blanketed in Snow/Prismatic Heart/Widespread Destruction/2 jewel sockets" cluster jewel is going to be far rarer to craft and far more expensive to buy. I purchased mine for 5 and 4ex which felt pretty good given OP's estimation of it costing 5-10ex to craft yourself. If you're willing to go with either Corrosive Elements or Sadist instead of Prismatic Heart, however, you should be able to get it for much less. Alternatively, if you're willing to "waste" the two skill points and hit up all 3 notables on the cluster, you can probably craft something yourself fairly easily with chaos rather than bothering with exalt slams. Entirely up to you, OP was just offering the optimized path.

Hopefully this helps!
Going off of what Criiq said for these jewels - I managed to craft a large cluster jewel with Blanketed, Sadist, Corrosive Elements, and 2 jewel sockets with Leo slam and it sold instantly for 15ex.

I imagine it's partially because the weighting of all of those is extremely low, so even if you don't craft the one perfect for your build you can still make profit.

EDIT: I think it might have been Corrosive and Doryani's Lesson actually, pretty sure the guy who bought it from me is re-listing it at 25ex.
Last edited by GrizzlyMonster on Apr 3, 2020, 9:38:24 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
I came across this bug report today and confirmed it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2817565/page/1

Basically Greater Spell Echo's bonuses aren't affecting us right now, resulting in an average of 35% less DPS (and less area). Hopefully it's not intended / gets fixed soon. It's kinda funny that I hadn't noticed this already though. This league's powercreep with cluster jewels almost make up for the DPS loss.

I was actually really worried that they would break GSE before the league started when I read their "bugfixes" in the patch notes. When they said that multi-repeating skills like GSE were doing more damage than intended because their damage penalties weren't being applied, I was super concerned because GSE doesn't actually have a damage penalty like vanilla Spell Echo does. Looks like my concerns were well founded.
Question: How to buy those 2 large cluster jewels with Blaneketed Snow, and Prismatic Heart, with 2 jewel socket i biy one, ane to take those 3 point i shoud use 9 points, you olny 5. Pls help me with this. Is tex saying added x passive skills shoud be only 8 and is totally random placing the skill when put in the jewel sockets?
What seeds do your Glorious Vanity have? I'm trying to buy one got through ~20 and its pretty tedious not gonna lie. If you could share your seend nr or if you are selling any would be grateful :)
Glorious Vanity Seeds
All listed nodes on standard build pathing + Arcane Vision

Arcan Vision = 34%/38% Thaumaturgical Aptitude
3% Attack Speed
11% Attack Damage
4% Attack Speed
4% Attack Speed
9% Phys Damage

Arcane Vision = 27%/2% Ritual of Stillness
10% Inc Area Damage
10% Cold Damage
9% Crit Chance
12% Armour
9% Phys Damage

Arcane Vision = 31%/3% Ritual of Stillness
11% Cold Res
8% Proj Speed
1% Attack Dodge
4% Aura Effect
10% Lightning Damage
Last edited by Dissever on Apr 4, 2020, 1:19:25 PM
So I have Glorious Vanity that turns
Melding into Ritual of Stillness(32%/3%) and Dreamer into Thaumaturgical Aptitude (34%/44%)

Nodes to Reach Ritual Stillnes
2% increased Cast speed
2% increased maximum life
8% increased Evasion Rating

Nodes to reach TA
7% increased Fire damage
1% chance to Block
9% to Chaos Resistance
8% inceased Physical Damage

I believe it is a good seed. The question here is should I go for both here or just for one of them. If I go for both what should I remove as not so essential from the tree as I am only level 91.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Ap0calypt1c on Apr 5, 2020, 5:49:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info