3.9| Stress-Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
CelticHound wrote:
Hi Wrecker - I know you make your builds for whatever gear drops and don't follow uniques, but here's something I'd like to ask you about.

I found The Baron helmet in SSF, and I'd like to make a build around it. (I've always thought it was an interesting concept.) I've been following a build on www.poe-vault.com, but it's... too busy.

So I'm curious how you would go about a strength-stacking zombie build.

Baron builds are tough to do. And some times expensive to do.

It depends on what you are aiming for in the Build.
Are you going for 900 strength to get 3 extra Zombies
Or are you going for 1000 strength to get the 2% dmg dealt leeched as life.

But the easiest way to go about them is to put strength on all your gear.
Once you have that done aim for a Efficient Training Jewel (Crimson Jewel)
This turns Intelligence nodes into Strength in a radius.
You may need 1, 2 or 3 of these jewels. Currently these jewels are selling for 64c on PC, could be higher on Xbox or PS4

You will want to get Brawn jewels (Crimson Jewel) as well this gives you 4-6% to Strength and Dexterity and takes away -15 - -10% to your intelligence.

Also try to get a Astramentis (Onyx Amulet) this gives you a huge boots to all Attributes, Implicit is 10-16 and it can roll 80 - 100 so if you are really lucky and get a perfect roll you can get 116 to All Attributes.
This is expensive item currently on PC it is around 1ex, on Xbox and PS4 this will be a lot higher.

Finally there is gear that add +% to strength you will want to get.

Alberon's Warpath (Soldier Boots) for example give you +18% to strength

Not many people play this build during a league as some times certain items get expensive, and it is hard to gear for.

Maybe play this later in the league when you have funds to spend on the choice items to get you the strength requirements.

That being said it is still a great helmet to use and you do not have to go the full strength route to get use out of it. Aim for 300 strength first then slowly build up from there.

But I still think aiming for a Bone Helmet that has +2 to minion gems and +% minion life is really your best bet. Around 30 - 50c on PC.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/BgVoOwQc8

Hope this helps you out if you have any other questions just ask.

Last edited by ArcadeCanuck on Dec 27, 2019, 9:56:34 AM
Thank you for an awesome build Wrecker, I´ve been using this build primarily roughly since the game was launched on PS4. :)

It´s really fun to play with xD

Anyone got any thoughts for good anointments?

Feels like either Gravepact (5% chance for double damage) or Fearsome Force, or Decay Ward are good options to beef up the Zombies even further.

Otherwise Heart of the Warrior to beef up your own life?
Options Golem's Blood or Herbalism maybe?

Zombie on!
"
Baron builds are tough to do. And some times expensive to do.

Hi Peleus - thanks for the info. This would be for non-league SSF. Ideally, I'd like to hit the 1000 mark. So far I have the Baron, the Warpath boots, Meginord's Vice gloves for 100 Str, and the Magnate Belt (which helps with my resists). I just found a 4% brawn jewel, but haven't put it in, yet. With some strength on gear, I've gotten to 500 strength.

Since it's SSF it's going to be a long haul for finding items.

Really, though I'm asking about a higher-level take on the build. The poe vault build has me casting freeze pulse to apply elemental equilibrium and elemental weakness. Then there is applying death mark. And that's on top of the basic bone shield, summoning skeletons and popping vaal skeletons. Very different from Wrecker's "stress-free" style.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Hey guys. i got nice roll of shoes (i think) but i still dont have enough survi. What do you think? 2nd. Do we really need desecrate, phase run and spirit offering in gems? IC-> CWDT -> Increased Duration wouldnt be better for survi? Linked with that desecrate or even spirit offering?

Tried to roll my chest but... I foked it up ;) Lost about 50c to get maxed life but i lost chaos resistance.

What is best way to get clear 6-link body armour? I have essence with ++20% to chaos resistance and want to craft it on my own.

Greetings
"
CelticHound wrote:

Hi Peleus - thanks for the info. This would be for non-league SSF. Ideally, I'd like to hit the 1000 mark. So far I have the Baron, the Warpath boots, Meginord's Vice gloves for 100 Str, and the Magnate Belt (which helps with my resists). I just found a 4% brawn jewel, but haven't put it in, yet. With some strength on gear, I've gotten to 500 strength.

Really, though I'm asking about a higher-level take on the build. The poe vault build has me casting freeze pulse to apply elemental equilibrium and elemental weakness. Then there is applying death mark. And that's on top of the basic bone shield, summoning skeletons and popping vaal skeletons. Very different from Wrecker's "stress-free" style.

Played Wrecker's build here last league. Doing a baron build now.
This build and a baron build have little in common.
I can't fathom trying to do a baron build SSF. But I'm sure it's possible.
I've spent ~8 exalts just to get it set up. It'll cost me 4 times that to max it when I get rich somehow.
There are dozens of different variations on the build.
I'm clicking buttons all over the place. A W_o_D patented build it is not.

Bottom line, very glad I started with a W_o_D necro build. I would have been lost trying to do a baron first.

Zombie on!

What are the best substitute gem options if you want to go for more dmg on the zombies? Melee pysical damage support instead?

Thanks
"
sleepinginbio wrote:
What are the best substitute gem options if you want to go for more dmg on the zombies? Melee pysical damage support instead?

Thanks

Personally, I'd use melee phys (for bosses) and maim in addition to minion damage support. Swapping melee phys with splash while clearing and leveling will also help.
Last edited by Abattoir on Dec 28, 2019, 10:24:08 PM
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Spoiler
"
CelticHound wrote:

Played Wrecker's build here last league. Doing a baron build now.
This build and a baron build have little in common.
I can't fathom trying to do a baron build SSF. But I'm sure it's possible.
I've spent ~8 exalts just to get it set up. It'll cost me 4 times that to max it when I get rich somehow.
There are dozens of different variations on the build.
I'm clicking buttons all over the place. A W_o_D patented build it is not.

Bottom line, very glad I started with a W_o_D necro build. I would have been lost trying to do a baron first.

Zombie on!

Pip has got this spot on, wreckers builds are a perfect 1 button from start to end game fantastic build you cannot go wrong with it at all

As you get towards mid/end of season have a lot of juicy currency sat there then is the time to go for a baron build
You simply need the baron, meginords vise, 2x efficient gems and to reset about 40% of your passives to push into that first 1k strength

TBH you don't need more than the 1k, as you will then make your choices for body armour and gloves for either crazy ehp or to push high dps

Or... you can just buy a hella good weapon and keep on rolling the slo-mo as it really is 100% end game viable and the better the gear you use with the bud the better the dps and your survivability is

To baron or not to baron... that is the question

Zombie on!!! Is the answer 😁

Fyi, yes I run wreckers builds to for the 2 league I played so far, this time I went with my own baron, chaos hybrid idea which involves having to click 4 buttons! Oh the humanity, next char (next week) am definitely going 1 button mode 😁
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Last edited by 0nyX on Dec 28, 2019, 5:10:37 PM
So now Tane gives me this:

In act 7...
Can't wait to get to maps!
Been really taking my time as I play an archer in maps too.
But stress free is definitely the name of this build.
I have to force myself to use arc, I almost want to go with the second CWDT and just make it effortless!
Amazing build, amazing league.
Having a blast and got my
for the +1 to temp chains as well as +9% move speed.
Life is good in Wraeclast!

Oh yeah, ran the lab while my buddy did Jun Missions, now I got third ascendancy, leaving the juicy +2 to minion til maps.

Only skeletons die and that is as planned ;)
Running frenzy ape, power ape and frost sentinel. Frosty really points out where the enemies are!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Dec 30, 2019, 9:44:02 AM
I've got to ask:
why do you need 4 bleed flasks when your ascendancy already removes bleed with bone armour? could instead simply do curse immunity flask / shock immunity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info