Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Hi there, have a question.

In shaper / elder modifiers you wrote:
"The lower tier Reduced Reflected Physical and Elemental Damage Taken modifiers on Body Armours now grants 100% reduced Reflected Elemental or Physical Damage taken (from 15 to 22%). The higher tier can no longer roll."

These means if we have this roll, we don't get reflected damage anymore? Thanks
I'm soo happy about all those nerfs(hope to see more), they're logically correct, keep the great job u doing, the more harder the game become, the more fun u'll get. Thanks to all GGG team for everything, keep it up! Don't listen to whiners/casuals, if they don't like nerfs, they should play some shitty game like D3.
IGN: Rngrofl
Looks like people HATE changes a lot :D
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
Tsaar wrote:
"

That's exactly the opposite, instead of sitting on the same OP builds every league you just have to completely rethink new builds, experiment new gameplay mechanics, rethink what have now value and how to make it worth.

And also make the game not feeling more and more trivialise/easy because they nerf and make it harder, at least a bit.

Exactly what people need to not being bored of playing the same thing over and over with no thinking and no challenges.

That's the best way to do it, force it, because people/human are lazy by default and will never get out their zone of confort/lazyness is they are not forced to do it. (just look at everything IRL, if you don't got pollution disease and issues, nobody will care, until people are in the deadline, they don't move).

Thanks GGG understand this at least.

(Expand your mind if they is no nerf... you mean expand your powercreep and loot... that's just lazyness)

I disagree because GGG is dictating the OP builds every league. There's less and less thinking involved nowadays. Just from these patch notes it's already clear what the meta is going to be and what most player will be playing. I disagree with being forced something as a good thing, if some one wants to play the same thing for the rest of his life, nothing is wrong with that, but exactly GGG wants to be the boss and remove player agency. GGG wasn't like this in the past.

In this league more than any league the changes are quite subtle if you didn't notice, many now builds relied on point blank to do a massive amount damage and hop it's cucked, now those guys need to rethink their build to use different sources of damage, there are new modifiers to items from new atlas influence types, new support gems.

You can still play tornado shot, you'll just need to overcome the nerfs, you know- "thinking". I know it's really hard doing all that thinking.

I like doing the same thing, I don't have to be bullshit op to enjoy the game, you can any build if you build it well, and think.
"
Bakudan wrote:
"
Tsaar wrote:

Blizzard and Riot Games and all these other developers do the same thing. The purpose is to remove player agency and creativity. They don't want you to grow as a player and expand your mind. They want you to obey and consume, nothing more. Marxism to make you dead inside. Hope this makes sense to you.

That's exactly the opposite, instead of sitting on the same OP builds every league you just have to completely rethink new builds, experiment new gameplay mechanics, rethink what have now value and how to make it worth.

And also make the game not feeling more and more trivialise/easy because they nerf and make it harder, at least a bit.

Exactly what people need to not being bored of playing the same thing over and over with no thinking and no challenges.

That's the best way to do it, force it, because people/human are lazy by default and will never get out their zone of confort/lazyness is they are not forced to do it. (just look at everything IRL, if you don't got pollution disease and issues, nobody will care, until people are in the deadline, they don't move).

(Expand your mind if they is no nerf... you mean expand your powercreep and loot... that's just lazyness)

did you know that most players don't even make it into maps (1-2 tiers in and they quit). people don't have time to throw 60+ hours into a game every week for a month to get anywhere.

do you understand how stupid it is to make the game harder then it currently is?
if their goal is to drive as many people away as possible and keep only the hardcore 12+ hours a day people around then they are doing a good job for sure.

if they want to burn their game so be it, just don't say no one warned them of the dangers of following down the footsteps of D3 launch.

they have private servers, if people want the game to be harder then they can go PAY to make it harder. the other 99% of players shouldn't have to suffer or be unable to play because 1% of players find the game too easy.
Really? Things like "Fixed a bug where the Enchanted Fossil in the Delve Stash Tab was slightly too far to the left" but no space for oils in the fragment tab?
just stop filling standard with nonsense. league content should stay league content for those that want league content.
i dont understand why they nerf hybrid life and defences, but ok, i dont understand why they remove the fossil crafted mod like added life and increased life hybrid mod which was the only reason we used fossils basically, but fine, but the fact that they remove the ability to craft 7 link 2h weapons and body armours pisses me off....thanks for nerfing melee back to oblivion again....
Last edited by Fracture333 on Dec 11, 2019, 5:14:01 AM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
"
Smear wrote:
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Steam charts says it all. Dying game. Can't even argue it. Since June people have basically abandoned this game. Pretty sad.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1y

This game will be flatlined in a year. The pool of new players is drying up, veterans leaving in droves, all the while the GGG butt-goo-slurpers pretend it's all ok.

When D4 comes out, this game will be toast. Blizz is going back to their roots of D2. It's glorious to see.
Yeah cause THIS time is different right? All the other times people said this it didn't happen, but you will be the one that is right! Also tons of us were around before the game moved to steam and don't see any reason to switch over so the steam charts are missing a huge amount of the player base.

Did you even look at the steam charts?

Last 30 Days 11,899.3 -177.4 -1.47% 24,832
November 2019 12,076.7 -2,830.7 -18.99% 24,832
October 2019 14,907.5 -10,352.7 -40.98% 31,634
September 2019 25,260.2 +14,316.5 +130.82% 74,653
August 2019 10,943.6 -15,470.6 -58.57% 25,500
July 2019 26,414.3 -22,076.8 -45.53% 53,530
June 2019 48,491.1 +35,387.0 +270.05% 113,258

The rate which the game is dying in steam would most likely reflect the rate it's dying not on steam. Just because you throw money at the game doesn't mean it's thriving, it's not. The facts are there.

PoE Peaked in Dec 2018. A year ago. Since then it has done nothing but slowly die. The last 3 months it died at a very fast pace. Blight did nothing for the game. Instead of fixing the game, they added boring content and horrible balance that they just push to sell people MTX and force new bag space purchases and people have caught on. All these new currencies that magically "don't have currency slots yet." Like it's an accident. Tell yourself whatever you want but it's dying. Dying. Dying. Watch the numbers. Not your personal investments in this game. Your 15 supporter packs don't tickle Tencents pockets in the least.[/quote]

GGG just destroying player fun and freedom with BALANCE OF MTX SHOP for sell meta build MTX and make it more slow for keep player at game with worst way GLOBAL NERFS (monster buff) .absolutely i agree and sorry but after diablo poe will pay diablo player back to blizz .already so many streamer played other games after 2 week last leagues game gonna be just play 2 weeek and leave bc there is no much game but when there is some game people will not say ok to tons of grapic problems lags bugs one shot ghost mobs and BALANCE OF MTX SHOP.they already destroyed people hope
"
Tsaar wrote:
"
Bakudan wrote:
"
Tsaar wrote:

Blizzard and Riot Games and all these other developers do the same thing. The purpose is to remove player agency and creativity. They don't want you to grow as a player and expand your mind. They want you to obey and consume, nothing more. [Removed by Support]. Hope this makes sense to you.

I disagree because GGG is dictating the OP builds every league. There's less and less thinking involved nowadays. Just from these patch notes it's already clear what the meta is going to be and what most player will be playing. I disagree with being forced something as a good thing, if some one wants to play the same thing for the rest of his life, nothing is wrong with that, but exactly GGG wants to be the boss and remove player agency. GGG wasn't like this in the past.

So much this. Any and all design philosophies of GGG went completely out the window in order to attract wider, more casual, basically just dumber playerbase. I mean, look at PoE reddit, half of those people couldn't find life wheels on the tree if they didn't copy it from poe.ninja. I didn't really understand all the doomsaying back when Ascendancy came out. Now I see clearly that it was the beginning of an end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info