[3.8] Hanarashi's SSF Pyroclast Miner! Kill Uber Elder with a 5-link! Perfect SSF league starter :D

"
Pjey wrote:
I've seen alot of people calling this mine skill OP, but yet not many tend to play it, maybe its because its a laggy skill?. It seems to have relatively good clear speed and insane bossing. Good league starter imo? right?

It was an amazing league starter for me in Blight. I think the reason I felt it was such a good league starter was because the build was not gear dependent at all to get to red maps, As long as you have 2 one-hand weapons with +1 to all spell/fire spell skill gems and a 5-link, you should have enough damage for shaper. Defense-wise also, no uniques are required (although a unique chest piece is a good defense boost if you use Belly or Kintsugi)

I think one reason mines in general aren’t played as much as you’d think, is because it’s a pretty unique play style. It takes a bit of time to learn how to place/detonate the mines correctly, and some people dislike the mechanic of there being a little bit of time between using your skill, and the damage actually happening. I haven’t had issues with pyroclast mines lagging personally, but the skill is definitely blinding sometimes, which I can see people disliking.
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
any reason why taking charisma over efficient explosive? i use your tree for my passives but since i don't get lucky with +1 flame gem weapon, i use stormblast mine for boss and change it to arc mine for general mapping.
I opt for Hired Killer wheel for more life over Charisma.
Carry a mana flask - it increases your skill spam potential significantly. I find the clear with Pyroclast is just fine, especially once you start igniting everything. This is my first go with mines since revamp - definitely better now.
"
archd wrote:
any reason why taking charisma over efficient explosive? i use your tree for my passives but since i don't get lucky with +1 flame gem weapon, i use stormblast mine for boss and change it to arc mine for general mapping.

Thanks for reading the guide! I don't take any fire specific nodes, so the tree should work well for stormblast/arc mines as well. I opted to take Charisma because the aura nodes will affect my skitterbots and clarity aura in addition to my mines. Efficient Explosives is a good option too if you want raw damage (you'll lose a bit of AoE from losing the node that leads up to Charisma.)
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
"
Wootie wrote:
Carry a mana flask - it increases your skill spam potential significantly. I find the clear with Pyroclast is just fine, especially once you start igniting everything. This is my first go with mines since revamp - definitely better now.

Thanks for reading the guide! More life is always good. Especially if you are unable to get life% rolls on gear, I would recommend grabbing extra life on the tree. The life gained on kill is pretty useless though, so make sure to grab the extra 4% life nodes on the Revenge of the Hunted and Written in Blood before grabbing the Hired Killer Wheel.

Also, mana wasn't an issue at all for me, so I wouldn't recommend using a mana flask unless you notice you can't throw your mines at full speed at times. I actually think it would be better to go Charisma or Efficient Explosives over Hired Killer if you are feeling the need to run a mana flask without the reduced reservation nodes. Being able to free up a flask slot is pretty crucial.
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
"
hannarashi wrote:
"
Wootie wrote:

Thanks for reading the guide! More life is always good. Especially if you are unable to get life% rolls on gear, I would recommend grabbing extra life on the tree. The life gained on kill is pretty useless though, so make sure to grab the extra 4% life nodes on the Revenge of the Hunted and Written in Blood before grabbing the Hired Killer Wheel.

Also, mana wasn't an issue at all for me, so I wouldn't recommend using a mana flask unless you notice you can't throw your mines at full speed at times. I actually think it would be better to go Charisma or Efficient Explosives over Hired Killer if you are feeling the need to run a mana flask without the reduced reservation nodes. Being able to free up a flask slot is pretty crucial.

I’m not sure how you wouldn’t have mana issues, honestly. Maybe I’m overspamming, but I feel that’s what helps allow the clear to be decent. I don’t find flask slots all that limited/crucial with this build (yet). Life, Atziri, Stib, Diamond and mana is what I currently use. With Smoke Mine, I find I don’t need a Quicksilver at all. Plenty of mobility.

Consider Hrimnor’s Resolve for helm slot. Life, fire damage, resists and chill/freeze immune for total ele ailment immunity. BiS IMO...
Last edited by Wootie on Dec 19, 2019, 1:00:15 AM
"
Wootie wrote:
"
hannarashi wrote:
"
Wootie wrote:

I’m not sure how you wouldn’t have mana issues, honestly. Maybe I’m overspamming, but I feel that’s what helps allow the clear to be decent. I don’t find flask slots all that limited/crucial with this build (yet). Life, Atziri, Stib, Diamond and mana is what I currently use. With Smoke Mine, I find I don’t need a Quicksilver at all. Plenty of mobility.

Consider Hrimnor’s Resolve for helm slot. Life, fire damage, resists and chill/freeze immune for total ele ailment immunity. BiS IMO...

Have you leveled your Clarity fully yet? I could spam up to my maximum number of mines at full speed without worrying about mana. If you are still leveling your Clarity and are not able to sustain mana, then using a mana flask until your Clarity levels should be fine.

Also, you want to use a Quartz flask rather than a Stibnite flask. Having the extra dodge chance is huge for this build. The smoke cloud from Stibnite doesn't do much for us since we get free blind from our ascendancy. Atziri's Promise is an OK flask choice for damage, but do note that the life leech doesn't work with mines.

I actually ran the build with no quicksilver for a while since I also thought smoke mine was enough, but when I put the quicksilver back on, it made mapping feel much smoother not having to spam smoke mine all the time. I would recommend using a Quicksilver for mapping, and switch it for a defense flask when bossing.

Hrimnor’s Resolve is OK, but armor does nothing for us, and the life is pretty low compared to a well-rolled rare. I still think a well rolled evasion rare is better, but if you are unable to roll an evasion helm with 100+ life, Hrimnor's Resolve works fine too.
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi
"
hannarashi wrote:

Have you leveled your Clarity fully yet? I could spam up to my maximum number of mines at full speed without worrying about mana. If you are still leveling your Clarity and are not able to sustain mana, then using a mana flask until your Clarity levels should be fine.

Also, you want to use a Quartz flask rather than a Stibnite flask. Having the extra dodge chance is huge for this build. The smoke cloud from Stibnite doesn't do much for us since we get free blind from our ascendancy. Atziri's Promise is an OK flask choice for damage, but do note that the life leech doesn't work with mines.

I actually ran the build with no quicksilver for a while since I also thought smoke mine was enough, but when I put the quicksilver back on, it made mapping feel much smoother not having to spam smoke mine all the time. I would recommend using a Quicksilver for mapping, and switch it for a defense flask when bossing.

Hrimnor’s Resolve is OK, but armor does nothing for us, and the life is pretty low compared to a well-rolled rare. I still think a well rolled evasion rare is better, but if you are unable to roll an evasion helm with 100+ life, Hrimnor's Resolve works fine too.

Have not and prob can’t level my clarity to max w/out Charisma. I’d rather have the extra life and carry a mana flask for now. Maybe if I go to mid-90’s I’ll take Charisma and try it.
Ultimately your build here, just stating options as I never follow a guide more than loosely anyway (and not seeing many Pyroclast guides around). Not intending for you to defend your choices. The skill is strong, lots of different ways to take it to endgame.
"
Wootie wrote:
"
hannarashi wrote:

Have not and prob can’t level my clarity to max w/out Charisma. I’d rather have the extra life and carry a mana flask for now. Maybe if I go to mid-90’s I’ll take Charisma and try it.
Ultimately your build here, just stating options as I never follow a guide more than loosely anyway (and not seeing many Pyroclast guides around). Not intending for you to defend your choices. The skill is strong, lots of different ways to take it to endgame.

For sure! It's always cool to hear different things people do with the same skill. I didn't mean to deny your choices your anything, I just wanted to point out the pros and cons of changing out the items. Thanks for posting suggestions, and best of luck with the build :)
www.twitch.tv/hanarashi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info